Usyk would beat Prime Ali

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Thecheckjab, Nov 29, 2021.

1. lordlosh

lordlosh Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 4, 2014
    Bellew was winning the fight, only in the British b.c. scorecards, and in the dumb British commentators.
    Bellew won exactly 2 rounds, till the stoppage.
    Most of the reaction was due to the fight being in UK, and commentators overhyping Bellew, at every single punch he throw, no matter if it was missed or not.

Joe-fist likes this.
  2. DoubleJab666

DoubleJab666 Dot, dot, dot... Full Member

Nov 9, 2015
    Beating Witherspoon, Chisora and Joshua is enough to persuade you that Usyk the greatest ever HW? :lol:

3. lordlosh

lordlosh Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 4, 2014
    No i don't current train Boxing, but i have been for awhile(not so much tho), but i have 20+ martial arts experience. Pretty much trained most Martial Arts out there. Always prefer Kyokushin and Krav Maga tho, as they fit me the best, and what i'm looking for.

As far as for Mercer, you are choosing fighters that have bad night, or was out of shape in the X match.
    This ain't how boxing work. You can't pick a X fighter that is in his absolutely best, and pick Y fighter that is in his worst or so.
    Mercer is well known for showing/not showing on certain nights, so that comparison is dumb.

But pls answer me this, how exactly can swimmer be faster/stronger/better overall, Sprinters to be much fasters, Weightlifters to be like 150x time stronger, and everything goes up in terms of numbers, athletic performance, as well as physicality is better, but somehow the only athletes that don't get better are the boxer? You understand how that sounds?

Can you compare any of the current sprinters with the guys of the 60-70s? No, you simple can't. Same for the football players, as well as tennis players and it goes on and on.

There is also a reason why current Boxers/fighters overall don't fight that often like the ones of the past, and one of this reason is the damage they will receive. Overall(not talking about individual), the strength and the power of the athlete, if you wanna call it accumulation power has increase significantly.

Ali would be in CW nowadays, as most HW back there.

Joe-fist likes this.
  4. Barrf

Barrf Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 19, 2021
    Maybe 70s Ali. Not 60s Ali.

The only one I'd give close to even odds at beating 60s Ali would be Lewis, and even that gives me major heartburn to say.

MarkusFlorez99 likes this.
  5. CleneloAnavarez

CleneloAnavarez Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 18, 2021
    Which unbeatable monsters did 60s Ali beat?

6. Cecil

Cecil Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 22, 2015
    That alone discredits this post.

7. CleneloAnavarez

Nov 18, 2021
    Too quick doesn't mean you have to be quicker than your opponent. Just quicker than required.

8. jaytxxl

jaytxxl Well-Known Member Full Member

Mar 1, 2010
    Best HW right now is can’t be determined until Fury fights Usyk/AJ. Until then arguments can be made for each guy. That’s what made Ali’s era so heralded because everybody fought each other even if they lost to someone else. In that era Wilder and AJ would still happen and Usyk even is he became undisputed still would have fought Wilder. Now because Wilder lost he may never fight Usyk or AJ.

9. Cecil

Mar 22, 2015
    Sure ok.

10. Cecil

Mar 22, 2015
    So, same with Usyk?

11. CleneloAnavarez

Nov 18, 2021
    Usyk will retire in 2 fights. Joshua-Wilder can still be made for $.

12. CleneloAnavarez

Nov 18, 2021
    Yes, but only a couple of us are putting the same faith in Usyk that you and the rest are in 60s Ali.

13. theanatolian

theanatolian Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

May 2, 2015
    Just what the forum needs, Usyk’s very own Galvatron.

DoubleJab666 likes this.
  14. The Real Lance

The Real Lance Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 29, 2012
    :lol: Now you hate Usyk because of his accolades and love on this forum?? :lol: I've seen grocery bags stuffed w/ canned food more secure than you are...

15. The Real Lance

The Real Lance Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 29, 2012
    You're an idiot. Well...if Shawn effin porter can beat Usyk.... :lol: