Usyks high shorts

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Thunderstorm, May 15, 2024.

1. Thunderstorm

Thunderstorm Active Member banned Full Member

Jan 24, 2022
    Everyone saw how high usyk wore his shorts in his last fight

his high shorts could be what saved him in his last fight it might have threw the ref off or unless the ref was corrupt and was gonna rule it low either way

anyone else worried it might be a problem in fury fight too ? usyk complained to the ref after almost every body shot fury might get points taken off from him possibly dq !!!

pacas, OldSchoolBoxing and AdamT like this.
  2. oldcanvasback

oldcanvasback Active Member Full Member

Jan 26, 2018
    I'm more worried about the ref allowing Tyson to lay all over Usyk robbing us of a potentially great fight.

3. mrbigshot

mrbigshot Active Member Full Member

Oct 29, 2021
    High shorts , actoring a body shot as a low blow , trying to intentionally opening fury,s cut , actoring an injury to get some time or at least loose via a tko and not by being stopped . That i expect from usyk .

Fury might lean an grab , maybe other things .

pacas likes this.
  4. senpai

senpai Boxing Addict Full Member

May 18, 2021
    What is the ring size ?

oldcanvasback likes this.
  5. senpai

senpai Boxing Addict Full Member

May 18, 2021
    This content is protected

6. Pugguy

Pugguy Ingo, The Thinking Man’s GOAT Full Member

Aug 22, 2021
    Usyk’s trunks sit exactly where they should.

A photo of Tyson parodying the wearing of high trunks isn’t any “evidence” to impugn Usyk.

In fact, where Fury has his trunks hitched in the photo isn’t too far above where he himself normally has them sit.

Self incrimination, much? :lol: Another case of Pot Pourri Fury calling the Ukranian Kettle Bell Destroyer black.

Hit Fury just below the nips, and technically, you’re immediately in low blow territory.

Though, if you did manage to actually find and hit doze tiny nutz, you might also want to go out and buy yourself a lottery ticket. :lol:

7. DynamicMoves

DynamicMoves Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 15, 2010
    Fairly sure he wore those in a previous fight.

Pugguy likes this.
  8. Thunderstorm

Thunderstorm Active Member banned Full Member

Jan 24, 2022

pacas, Reinhardt and AdamT like this.
  9. MaccaveliMacc

MaccaveliMacc Active Member Full Member

Feb 27, 2024
    Usyk shorts were fine and his belly button was showing. The problem was, Dubois landed like 20 shots below the belt, including 1 that floored Usyk. But it was a illegal shot at the end of the day, so irrelevant.

What's funny, it's Fury who ALWAYS keeps his shorts high. Higher than Usyk ever did.

10. FreddieGibbs

FreddieGibbs Member Full Member

Feb 14, 2024
    Usyk has a short torso, his shorts were fine

vast and Perkin Warbeck like this.
  11. Veys9

Veys9 Let's go Champ! Full Member

Aug 30, 2018
    Boxing needs a measurable rule of how high or low shorts can be. I sometimes have the impression the shorts are so high that punches to the body have a very restricted area to be landed due to high shorts.

12. MorvidusStyle

MorvidusStyle Well-Known Member Full Member

Jul 11, 2017
    They both like their high shorts, it seems.
    They both fight pretty clean though, I think, if not antagonised.

People exaggerate how dirty Fury fights, while loving Wlad's grappling reign of terror and the leaping headbutt against Fury. Fury typically boxes very clean actually. Look at Wilder I, for instance, that's his normal style.

I think the biggest ref problem in this fight would be either some dumb deduction for a minor thing (like those nothing 'rabbit punches' in the clinch Fury got docked for in Germany against Wlad), yeah or an unintentional low blow, which might decide the fight, or some terrible early stoppage if someone starts landing a bunch of non-KO shots and/or one of them turtles up too long.

Lesion of Doom and pacas like this.
  13. MaccaveliMacc

MaccaveliMacc Active Member Full Member

Feb 27, 2024
    I think it's the other way around. People criticized Klitschko a lot for clinching, calling him Clinchko etc. Fury himself made fun of his "jab nad grab style". But now, all of the sudden, when Fury jabs, 1-2s, clinches and put weight on his opponents, he's some sort of a genius. Look at a lot of the fight predictions: FURY IS A MASTER BOXER, HE WILL CLINCH, MAUL USYK AND PUT HIS WEIGHT ON HIM, THE GOAT! I wouldn't be surprised if Fury gives us Klitschko vs Povetkin type of performance. Watch his fanboys praise his brilliant strategy then.

14. AdamT

AdamT Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 18, 2019
    Beautiful punch
    If this was Fury, everyone would be calling it what it really was, a knockout

pacas and Thunderstorm like this.
  15. BCS8

BCS8 VIP Member Full Member

Aug 21, 2012
    Just gonna say it's Fury who usually looks like the fat kid that's wearing Dad's bathing trunks.