USyK's manager: " USyK would destroy both Fury and Wilder with his technique".

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Boxing2019, Oct 19, 2021.

1. Boxing2019

Boxing2019 If you want peace, prepare war. Full Member

Jul 22, 2019
    From a recent interview of USyK's manager:

“Well, Fury won and he deserved the win. The first thing I didn't like was Wilder's fitness. He put on these extra pounds which didn't do him any good. It was awful, really, really awful, because his physique couldn't hold it, he's not used to that extra weight, and he's not feeling fit. In the fourth round he was already exhausted and fought for survival until almost the end of the match. Fury on the other hand looked fresh, even though his body also had extra weight, he moved better and his athletic condition was much better. But I didn't like the way he won, because Wilder was, so to speak, "dead" after the fourth round and it took Fury more than six rounds to close the match. He didn't try to box, but he tried to knock him out, to cause him serious damage. It was definitely not a technical fight. Going back to Usyk, both boys - Wilder and Fury - in the state of form they showed up in their match would be a sweet dessert for Usyk because neither of them showed technical prowesses. If Usyk used his technique, his style, I believe that neither Fury nor Wilder could do anything to him.

USyK's manager words sound very wise. Technically USyK Is the best HW around and his technique could be enough to beat everyone at least by decision imo. How many of you are agree with USyk's manager?

Last edited: Oct 19, 2021
    MarkusFlorez99 likes this.
  2. Mighty

Mighty The Gypsy King banned Full Member

Sep 17, 2021
    No one can defeat Fury. He will "very feel" Fury's huge weight on his shoulders when Fury clinches him.

He beats the crap out of Wilder. One trick pony was already exposed. Usyk can use his head movements just like Fury.

3. Ted Stickles

Ted Stickles Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 24, 2007
    His manager is doing his job.

But I’ll believe it when I see it.

Toney F*** U likes this.
  4. G Man

G Man Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 25, 2011
    It's really hard to predict what would happen when Fury and Usyk meet, I lean towards Fury finding a way, most likely through roughhouse tactics and sheer size. Will be very interesting though and wouldn't be surprised if Usyk won a close decision.

5. miniq

miniq Tyson Fury Undisputed HW Champion 18/5/24 banned Full Member

Oct 23, 2011
  6. I Dont Play With Dolls

I Dont Play With Dolls Member Full Member

Oct 17, 2021
    A major factor before the fight even starts is what Fury shows up. He clearly needs motivation to be at his best. Rumours of him speaking about retirement is worrying.

Naturally you'd have to favor Fury, but Fury that fought Wilder 3 would lose to Usyk.

Usyk will also be aware of Fury's size and they may have a plan to combat the wrestling, after all Fury would have to come through Usyk's range in order to clinch. And Usyk is far more nimble than Fury.

People keep writing off Usyk based on the way he fought his last fight, but they seem to fail to realize he fights differently in every fight and this is clearly planned based on his opponent's strengths and weaknesses.
    I know i'm sort of writing of Fury based on his last fight, but thats more of a question of wether or not he can stay motivated/disciplined in training anymore. In his last 7 fights , Wilder 1 & 2 are the only fights he looked to be close to his best.

G Man likes this.
  7. Braindamage

Braindamage Baby Face Beast Full Member

Oct 1, 2011
    I think Usyk will put up a sustained body attack. Wilder showed Fury is easy to hit there. Usyk will mix a great body attack in and keep Fury guessing. Usyk can keep that up all fight.

8. G Man

G Man Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 25, 2011
    Wouldn't be surprised if Usyk got the win, he seems very confident! Usyk's confidence is calculated, not delusion or bravado.

Braindamage likes this.
  9. Braindamage

Braindamage Baby Face Beast Full Member

Oct 1, 2011
    Agreed.

G Man likes this.
  10. FrankinDallas

FrankinDallas Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 24, 2004
    Yep.