Uzyk Vs Klitschko

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Glenn McKrory, Jul 15, 2022.

1. Showstopper97

Showstopper97 The Icon Full Member

Oct 7, 2020
    He loses. Pretty wide too. I wouldn't rule out a KO/TKO win either. Wlad never struggled with small, technical boxers with little power. He also loses to Vitali (unless Vitali suffers another bizarre shoulder injury) but it'a closer. Klitschko Bros are wrong for him (especially Wlad).

Greg Price99 likes this.
  2. Showstopper97

Oct 7, 2020
    I can definitely see that happening

don owens likes this.
  3. Showstopper97

Oct 7, 2020
    He hasn't. They'll use ANYTHING to justify an Usyk victory.

destruction likes this.
  4. Themessiah

Themessiah El Jefe Full Member

Feb 1, 2021
    Wlad would try to use his size advantage and try to throw Usyk around. Would be very frustrating to watch

MarkusFlorez99 likes this.
  5. TMLT87

TMLT87 Member Full Member

Feb 21, 2021
    Good fight but prime for prime you've gotta strongly favour Wlad. I think Usyk would have beaten the older Wlad that Fury and AJ beat though.

kriszhao, Greg Price99 and Fogger like this.
  6. destruction

destruction Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 26, 2009
    I know.

When you are dealing with hypothetical match ups. You need to actually be able to call on events that happened in a fighters career, to assess the outcome.

Wishing that Wlad was deducted points for holding is reaching too far. Try and be real at least a little bit.

Showstopper97 likes this.
  7. dinovelvet

dinovelvet Antifanboi Full Member

Jul 21, 2012
    You were told of 3 fights in which Wlad lost points for holding. Trying to argue Wlad never clinched , why would you act like such a weasel?
    Per Boxrec

The bout featured constant holding, with Klitschko leaning, pushing and wrestling Jennings whenever Jennings tried to get inside.

Jennings moved well enough, though, to keep Klitschko off balance and prevent him from throwing his power right hand. Referee
    This content is protected
    docked Klitschko a point in round ten for excessive holding

8. Thunderstorm

Thunderstorm Member Full Member

Jan 24, 2022
    Prime Wlad is all wrong for USKY

9. BCS8

BCS8 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Aug 21, 2012
    Usyk is far more exciting than Wlad with a much more watcheable style. But Wlad is much bigger with a technical approach that dominated a decade. It would be better for boxing if Usyk won but reality dictates the probable winner is Klitschko as he jabs and grabs and smothers Usyk's attack through making space with his feet. If Usyk had power like Sanders I might favour him, but he doesn't. He's a decent hitter but he relies on breaking down an opponent's style and using timing to lend more whip to his blows. Gonna be hard to do that with Klitschko who is always so balanced.

Greg Price99 and Fogger like this.
  10. Rollin

Rollin Active Member Full Member

Nov 17, 2021
    Wladimir unless Usyk beats Fury in a convincing manner.

Usyk took Joshua to school. Old Man Wlad took Joshua's soul. Prime v Prime it's an ATG fight material, but at his best Klitschko is a fifth-dimensional being compared to AJ.

MarkusFlorez99 likes this.
  11. TheWizard

TheWizard I Got Milk Baby Full Member

Jan 20, 2021
    He was deducted a point for holding against Jennings.

Wlad still beats Usyk though.

12. ikrasevic

ikrasevic Икрашевић Full Member

Nov 3, 2021
    Does anyone even know how to beat Oleksandr Usyk?

13. exocet76

exocet76 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 28, 2012
    Tough one to call Vlad knows how to spoil and generally got away with it with excessive clinching.
    I think it's pretty even to be honest Usyk would certainly be the most skilled that Vlad faced so I would edge with him being able to pull it out of the bag. I wouldn't be surprised it going the other way though.

14. miniq

miniq You Big Stiff Idiot Full Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Wlad is a big stiff idiot with slow feet like AJ atleast young AJ threw punches up close before he got chinned. Usyk outpoints Wlad. Only Fury can beat Usyk and vice versa.

Ying and Yang

ikrasevic and catchwtboxing like this.
  15. catchwtboxing

catchwtboxing Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 4, 2014
    I'll take Usyk .

As of yet I have seen no evidence the man can be beaten, certainly not by a five time loser.