Vasiliy Lomachenko VS Alexis Arguello

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by bandeedo, Oct 30, 2019.

1. Braindamage

Braindamage Baby Face Beast Full Member

Oct 1, 2011
    I just watched it! Initially, I thought he had that weird first step after a fighter gets dropped, but he was solid. That being said, he doesn't school Alexis 10 rounds to 2 like someone suggested. Not saying he wouldn't win(my money is on Alexis) Alexis is an ATG. Loma is special. Would be a great fight to ponder.

Jackman65 likes this.
  2. Jackman65

Jackman65 FJB Full Member

Aug 31, 2019
    This is a fair assessment. Alexis was great and he could punch. Anything is possible. These threads are an argument waiting to happen. There is no way we will ever know because the fight will never happen. I try to avoid these types of discussions but can’t help myself sometimes.

Braindamage likes this.
  3. Braindamage

Oct 1, 2011
    You're right! In my own personal heaven, these fights will be made.

4. mark ant

mark ant Canelo was never athletic Full Member

May 4, 2017
    Loma does the same thing to his opponents constantly asking questions about their offense with his jabs and feints which is why tthey often say no mas, it could come down to which of these guys has better concentration, I`d say Loma but he did make tat mistake v Linarez though.

5. mark ant

May 4, 2017
    He`s faster than anyone Pryor fought.

6. George Crowcroft

George Crowcroft Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Not the same though is it Mark?

7. mark ant

May 4, 2017
    There are only a few fighters in history quicker than Loma.

8. bandeedo

bandeedo VIP Member Full Member

Feb 19, 2007
    i believe another internet myth is in danger of getting started here. take a look at the following parts of the videos from the op, i time stamped them so you can see each fighters actual speed, and power behind that speed. arguello is no slower than loma, he may look slower in some parts because loma machine guns up close and arguello prefers sending artillery fire. but take a look at arguello when he lets it fly too... and remember any one of those shots could separate loma of his senses.
    This content is protected

This content is protected

9. ellerbe

ellerbe It’s a Tank world Full Member

Jul 25, 2014
    You're a real jackass you know that?

10. mark ant

May 4, 2017
    Loma`s punching was more fluid and crisp here than Arguelo`s, but had short punches on here thrown in combo`s though.

11. bandeedo

bandeedo VIP Member Full Member

Feb 19, 2007
    yes, they are more fluid because loma punches like hes going through drills, he does not put weight behind every punch, he wants to touch you continually, and then he sneaks a hard shot in when youre not expecting it. arguello punches with classic technique, which emphasizes hip and shoulder rotation for power. if arguello were to punch like loma does, i think he would look and be just as fast. i dont believe loma could get the same power if he punched like arguello, because i dont think he can get the same snap with those short arms.
    these are 2 different styles of punching. thats why loma will touch your head and body 100 times before fighters start to feel like quiting. arguello catches you 5 times and you will be hurt, very hurt.

roughdiamond and mark ant like this.
  12. Braindamage

Oct 1, 2011
    Ok, but Loma isn't overrated? This very thread is a testament to how overrated Loma is. Man has only 12 fights and people have already claimed he could beat prime Sanchez, Duran and Arguello. Not saying Loma isn't good, but saying he beats the greats with barely a dozen fights under his belt is a bit ridiculous. People claim Arguello only wins 2 rounds? LOL But Arguello is overrated! SMFH

13. Richard M Murrieta

Richard M Murrieta Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 16, 2019
    Alexis punched very hard and was very accurate, he hit an opponent so hard to the body, that his adversary had an accident in his trunks, fight had to be stopped.

bandeedo and roughdiamond like this.
  14. PistolPat

PistolPat Active Member Full Member

Jun 19, 2011
    You do realize that AA is faster, stronger, has more reach and height than Campbell. He also hits harder. Modern boxing helps, but here's an example for you. Tommy Hearns fought at 145 on same day weigh in. Campbell at 135 probably weighs more on fight night with day before weigh ins.

Hearns is from the 80's, was way more aggressive yet still harder to hit. Threw way more punches a round, yet was able to fight 15 rounds. Campbell was gassed by the 9th against Loma even though he uses the so called modern training methods. Hearns was also faster and punched much harder than Campbell's modern training punches. Skill wise, Hearns jab alone is more versatile than Campbell's whole punch repertoire.

15. Braindamage

Oct 1, 2011
    Don't forget, Hearns had the Gerri curl!

George Crowcroft and Pimp C like this.