Vasyl Anatolyevich Lomachenko vs. Richard Oblitey Commey

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by IntentionalButt, Nov 28, 2021.

Hi-Tek or Azonto?

Poll closed Dec 11, 2021.
  1. Lomachenko on points

40.5%
  2. Lomachenko by stoppage

54.1%
  3. Draw

1.4%
  4. Commey on points

1.4%
  5. Commey by stoppage

2.7%
  1. Bladesmanstan

Bladesmanstan StitchedUpBlog Full Member

Sep 28, 2021
    Why are people asking if this will even be competitive? I believe Loma doesn't have much left in him and I can honestly see Commey stopping Loma. Too many people sleeping on Commey's ability and power.

2. drenlou

drenlou Tres Delinquentes Full Member

Jan 22, 2015
    I can see Commey being at least competitive, but knocking out Loma? No sir.

Zhuge Liang and Bladesmanstan like this.
  3. Bladesmanstan

Bladesmanstan StitchedUpBlog Full Member

Sep 28, 2021
    Yessir. It's happening!

drenlou likes this.
  4. drenlou

drenlou Tres Delinquentes Full Member

Jan 22, 2015
    Lets see it!

Bladesmanstan likes this.
  5. Jackman65

Jackman65 FJB Full Member

Aug 31, 2019
    One of the dumbest statements in the thread. Congrats to you. The best lightweight on the planet is not relevant? Will he still be irrelevant when he beats all of the top guys at his weight? Loma’s biggest competitors are injuries (shoulder) and Father Time. He looked like the dominant fighter we all know in the Nakatani fight, with his surgically repaired shoulder. That Loma beats anyone at 135 despite the fact that he’s a natural 126 pounder not a 147 pounder boiled down to 135 like most of the guys he’s fighting.

6. FrankinDallas

FrankinDallas Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 24, 2004
    Had Red Bull in your coffee this morning, IB?

7. coolcat45

coolcat45 Active Member Full Member

Oct 21, 2018
    Loma fans are some of the deluded fans in boxing. A guy lost just couple of fights ago and yet he still the best in the division. the way they talk about him, you would think that he is undefeated.

8. Chuck Norris

Chuck Norris Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Aug 31, 2016
    I don't understand why people think Lomachenko is shot. He hasn't taken any significant damage so far in his pro career and even when he lost to Lopez it wasn't because his best days were behind, it was just that Lomachenko simply underestimated Lopez. He taught he could stay on the back foot and counter him, and afterwards smother him in the latter part of the fight. Lomachenko's arrogance was his undoing.

Heck he looked pretty beastly against Nakatani, a legit top 10 contender.

9. aaaaa

aaaaa Ash banned Full Member

Dec 19, 2020
    A fit Loma is the best fighter in the world.

JacK Rauber and vast like this.
  10. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Has anyone other than Teofimo actually dropped Commey?

Robert Easter Jr. hurt him with a huge right hand in the 12th round but he didn't go down even though it was a finisher and that perfectly timed right hand bomb Teofimo dropped him with would've done the same to anyone.

Timestamped

This content is protected

And he hurt Easter with a big right hand of his own in round 8 which the ref rightly or wrongly ruled a KD

But Easter is big punching big 5'11'' lightweight with a 76'' reach

Commey is also the only fighter to stop Beltran since 2008 which even Terry Crawford couldn't do

Would Commey stand a chance against Loma if they were remotely close to the same size? No, the skill gap is too vast but nothing's changed regarding Loma being very small for the division. He's still a blown up 126 pounder campaigning outside his natural weight class in a division full of giants and KO artists and big punchers who are way bigger than him and when you're routinely facing opponents who have the amount of natural size, weight, reach and power on you who are KO artists or very big punchers at their weights, which as I've previously explained no one else in the P4P top 10 is doing, against opponents their own size you're having to cross a minefield every single time against opponents who are scoring HL reel KOs against natural lightweights or ones their own size.

There are lots world champions, P4P top 10 ranked fighters, and highly thought of contenders out there who have fought very few world class punchers their own size let alone ones bigger or much bigger.

Commey comes in at about 154 pounds which is like three divisions heavier than Loma or close to, has a 71'' reach and a KO 81% which he amassed at lightweight and has a 5'½'' reach advantage on him but when Twink fights a guy who weighs 5-6 pounds more than him, has a KO 62% and has a 3½ reach advantage who Commey is much better than people act like he's fighting a HW monster.

Say what you will about Rolly but the guy is huge for the weight can really crack and his punches sound real heavy

He couldn't do this to Jackson Martinez. In fact, Martinez was robbed blind against him

Loma should win on paper but he's definitely lost a step or two and I've been following him right back since the 2008 Olympics, his body has been breaking down on him for a few years now and he's obviously become injury prone, and the KO power and size of Commey makes this a risky assignment for him. If Loma was rehydrating as much weight as Commey and Haney are coming in at weighing what he has been he'd be a bantamweight

CST80, Oneirokritis and oldcanvasback like this.
  11. CleneloAnavarez

CleneloAnavarez Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 18, 2021
    Then Garcia must be the best. Hasn't lost, will not lose (because no fights).

12. MarkusFlorez99

MarkusFlorez99 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 13, 2021
    Did you not see the Nakatani fight ? Lomachenko didn't look any different than he did against Lopez in there but he did wipe his ass with Nakatani later in the fight. Commey can't fight on the inside and isn't a slickster. It's a wrap

Zhuge Liang likes this.
  13. Boxed Ears

Boxed Ears this my daddy's account (RIP daddy) Full Member

Jul 28, 2009
    Yeah, he looks dominant against some guy, and then miraculously he doesn't look dominant against the top guys? Oh, me oh my! Pick up a chicken wing from the deli and watch him fly! Try thinking!

14. Jackman65

Jackman65 FJB Full Member

Aug 31, 2019
    I am trying to not respond to morons as much as before but I’ll make an exception. He fought Nakatani with a healthy shoulder. Nakatani gave Teo all he could handle and made him look pretty bad. A healthy Loma dominated Nakatani who had considerable size advantage. You idiots can keep rooting for guys like Tank who fight B and C level fighters to pad their record. At least with Loma we will see how he does in the ring against top guys. Those are his targets. Hope to see him beat Commey abs fight Kambosos next. You guys can cheer for Tank fighting featherweights and midgets and pretend he fights real opposition.

Zhuge Liang and vast like this.
  15. Boxed Ears

Boxed Ears this my daddy's account (RIP daddy) Full Member

Jul 28, 2009
    Us idiots keep rooting for guys like Tank...? Who is us? Why do you think that? What assumptions are you making and what are they based on? I try to not respond to guys like you also but then there you are making yourself so easy to me like a supple girl whose father has never given her attention and then she meets me and I am also old but with an air of masculine bitterness and she belief that she may soften my demeanor by hardening my manhood. And I say no because it is wrong but she knows that my eyes say yes. But in that I cannot help my eyes, only my hands, there is loss in legality and gain in depravity, but my soul will go to heaven for my reserve strength. I do not wish to take advantage a girl nor you but you make it so easy for me, the both.