Vasyl Anatolyevich Lomachenko vs. Teófimo Andrés López & Alejandro Saucedo vs. Arnold Barboza Jr RBR

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by IntentionalButt, Oct 17, 2020.

1. Reppin501

Reppin501 The People's Champ Full Member

Apr 26, 2010
    Internet tough guys are always the toughest. Man I’m sorry, you’re right about everything, all the time, I just appreciate you allowing me to live in this world you obviously dominate.

Flashback likes this.
  2. Cafe

Cafe Sitzpinkler Full Member

Sep 2, 2011
    7-5, 8-4 seem about right.

3. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    Are you well? Who exactly is being an internet tough guy? I'm merely calling bull**** on your bull****. Which you spew on almost every RBR lately. Cute playing the victim though, it's quite pathetic.

Badbot and Serge like this.
  4. Likethembigroundchunky

Likethembigroundchunky Member Full Member

Nov 2, 2019
    I just watched it so sorry for being late to the party. For what its worth Loma lost that by doing nothing in the first 7 rounds. Credit to lopez for the 12th but that was definitely loma losing that rather than lopez winning it.

Was he scared of his power? Maybe but loma has huge experience. He knows what it feels like to be hit with a brick.

I don't understand why loma didn't do anything. The excuse of "downloading" information just can't hold water. 2 rounds maximum to do that, then you have to get to work.

Waiting for him to tire. Lopez might be cautious for the first round, maybe the second, but as soon as he realises youre not going to do anything that mental fatigue goes away. You tire someone out by moving AND hitting them.

I don't believe loma can't figure people out quickly so I have no idea what he was thinking. You can not have such low activity for the first 7 rounds. I mentioned it before but he was the same against campbell. At the time I thought it was just because canpbell was a southpaw too so he couldn't just dance past his lead leg.

Do you think sometimes people make things too complicated? Second guessing himself (hence the time needed) rather than being instinctive?

sasto, pacas and Badbot like this.
  5. ILBBIDWP

ILBBIDWP Natobums Full Member

Jun 16, 2019
    What a upset it was.. Upset of the year.
    lopez made history ,the youngest world champion during the four belt era beating the p4p best .
    Lopez surprised me with such a good jab it was fast and had very good timing ,was keeping lomachenko at range ,was working off that jab working on the body , not only the skill the ring iq also the power, the size which Lopez a natural light middleweight is a lot bigger than lomachenko a natural feather weight on fight night, Lopez got lomachenko backing up and rethinking early with his power and size. especially the power, lomachenko was on the verge of being knocked down two times throughout the fight. and lopez able to step around with lomachenko is also a big surprise , and some very clever tricks like blocking lomachenko’s side steps with left hook, also his counter is close to lomachenko. Lomachenko also landed couple of good counters early although wasn’t being aggressive.
    but at the same time ,lomachenko was testing his jab to work off it as well ,in mid late rounds when he found his range and timing/rhythm he was able to step off that jab taking the outside angle of Lopez’s lead , and confused lopez, and Lopez’s counter upper cut was avoided well, lomachenko started to landing combos off it.
    both got very good feinting, Lopez worked well off it early, lead hand probing controlling the range and rhythm ,sudden feints sets up shots , but lomachenko’s probing、head feints was more confusing made Lopez had to grab a hold of him. also lomachenko was smacking down Lopez’s lead and hitting with combinations in the late rounds.
    the last round both guys gave their all, could be a tie. better timing and boxing iq didn’t surprise me ,but lomachenko started too late and his will or ability to take a punch from a natural light middle weight on the body is very surprising ,although to be fair Lopez didn’t land much clean.
    Lopez’s speed and athleticism is matching lomachenko and his skill and ring iq lomachenko’s defense seasoned as always Lopez didn’t land a clean right hand like linares did some grazing shots and arm punches.
    anyways lopez really surprised me in this fight his leading and counter footwork only his defense still has space for improvement but I think he’d do well in the future. Although there’s some rough stuff in this fight but this is boxing.. lopez did a surprising job.lomachenko started a bit too late hope there’s a rematch down the line. Looking forward to lopez at welterweight. Great fight ,kudos to both of them.
    Even someone great as lomachenko skill wise, he still couldn’t overcome the weight class difference.
    I do think lomachenko’s got the upper hand in the rematch, but it’s not happening for now, shame.
    But he’s still the greatest fighter of this generation, probably the most skilled boxer ever, his instant side steps shifting angles will be followed by many future fighters. especially more eastern fighters.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2021
    pacas likes this.
  6. Wizbit1013

Wizbit1013 Drama go, and don't come back Full Member

Mar 17, 2018
    Has anybody checked on @mark ant?
    After this i dont want him doing an Aydamn

Ph33rknot likes this.
  7. Wizbit1013

Wizbit1013 Drama go, and don't come back Full Member

Mar 17, 2018
    Jokes aside, full credit to Lopez
    I never saw a points win coming and although Loma made a late surge, lopez's all round boxing was enough to throw Loma off

8. DonnyMo

DonnyMo Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 21, 2011
    Wow!

Never did I expect to witness a dominant 12 round decision victory for LOPEZ.

I'm super intrigued by where his career can go. Haney, Garcia are not on his level. I would love to see him chase the big game and look to 140 for Taylor, Ramirez and Prograis. I don't think any of them can beat him.

This guy has the world by the balls now.

pacas and Ph33rknot like this.
  9. lufcrazy

lufcrazy requiescat in pace Full Member

Sep 15, 2009
    8-4 or 7-5 Lopez is absolutely fine.

Any wider for Lopez is suspect and having more than 5 rounds in favour of Loma is suspect.

This was unequivocally a Lopez victory and one which completely upset the odds. I was fully expecting Loma to stop Lopez and could hardly believe as round by round went by in favour of Teo.

Had a draw been rendered, it would have been outrageous but ever so slightly arguable.

Had a Loma victory been announced it would have been an absolute travesty.

Lopez UD was the correct all, even though a card was far too wide.

pacas and Ph33rknot like this.
  10. young_wolverine

young_wolverine Member Full Member

May 31, 2019
    Watched it at work wasnt really paying attention and had to look away to do stuff quite often but I thought Loma was way up and was shocked when the judges gave it to Lopez. but I def gay Lopes the first couple and the twelth I rewatched it when I got home and had it for Lopez by one round it was a really amazing fight

11. Mod-Mania

Mod-Mania Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 12, 2012
    Loma got exposed.

The Akbar One and pacas like this.
  12. BigBone

BigBone Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 20, 2007
    Lets not call him names mate, plus I'm pretty sure he's a heterosexual or bi at most.

young_wolverine likes this.
  13. Slowhand

Slowhand Member Full Member

Dec 26, 2012
    Just took a quick look, seemed like first half Teo´s reach and hand speed kept Loma from winning the lead foot battle and slipping under that jab, so Loma couldn´t get to his range and angles. Second half Teo faded a bit but not enough so the better man won. Loma should´ve just picked up the pace earlier, despite the risk.

pacas likes this.
  14. ArseBandit

ArseBandit Boxing Junkie Full Member

Apr 22, 2012
    Loma didn't seem so smart last night. He waited until the 8th round to try anything different. Teo clean swept the first 7 imo.

Overrated.

pacas and Boon like this.
  15. UniversalPart

UniversalPart Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Exposed for what? He was outsized and out powered by a guy who had 15lbs on him and was 10 years younger.

Credit to Loma for having being unified at 135lbs in the first place.

He had no business being there in reality.