Vergil "The Mustang" Ortíz Jr. - all the hype is warranted.

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by IntentionalButt, Mar 21, 2021.

1. IntentionalButt

IntentionalButt Guy wants to name his çock 'macho' that's ok by me Full Member

Nov 30, 2006
    You don't keep a perfect KO streak going into championship territory without scuffing your face a little. :sisi1

(and he gets hit with arguably less dumb shots than does the only active champ w/ a perfect streak, Beterbiev...or less at least than Beterbiev did when at his own five-year mark, when Callum Johnson decked him)

2. IntentionalButt

IntentionalButt Guy wants to name his çock 'macho' that's ok by me Full Member

Nov 30, 2006
    I actually consider Teó a natural welter, and wonder how long he can get away with boiling to lightweight. I would imagine he can squeeze out another couple of years tops, and by his mid-20's will have to venture to 140 if not 147. He rehydrates to what, super middle as it stands already?

If they fought he would be facing his equal in size but just a better fighter with the same killer instinct and more power, in Vergil.

Salty Dog, CST80, Serge and 1 other person like this.
  3. Quina74

Quina74 Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 25, 2019
    Some of these guys are just insane hypejob weight bullies.. Can't believe people fall for this **** it's so blatant... Anyone can look very good when they have a size advantage (can easily negate skill)

ShovelHook and Serge like this.
  4. bandeedo

bandeedo VIP Member Full Member

Feb 19, 2007
    ydksab.

5. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Yeah he's huge and very thick-set. Tyson Fury said he's the biggest little man he's ever seen and the comments section on that vid is full of comments about his size. He reckons he'll end up at 154 but he'll definitely end up at 147 for sure. I don't think he rehydrates anywhere near that high but he looks like a MW in that vid.

Vergil would spark him.

CST80, TipNom and IntentionalButt like this.
  6. Throwing Leather

Throwing Leather Member Full Member

Mar 7, 2021
    Hes amazing to watch. I love his style

TipNom likes this.
  7. drenlou

drenlou Tres Delinquentes Full Member

Jan 22, 2015
    Hes the closest to a prime Fernando Vargas that ive seen in boxing. Great skillset, with scary Power. Hopefully he continues to step up against better competition, because if he has his eyes set on Crawford, hes going to need all the experience he can get.

Throwing Leather and 22JM like this.
  8. 22JM

22JM Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 10, 2016
    I love Ortiz hope he doesn't make the same mistake Canelo did against Mayweather, no need to rush against guys like Crawford or Spence, Take it easy get more experience...

Throwing Leather and drenlou like this.
  9. 10_is_a_nigel_benn

10_is_a_nigel_benn Apples and Pears banned Full Member

Mar 18, 2021
    No way. Yeleussinov has far too much of an amateur style. He's too pillow fisted, weak and boring for the pros. He aint doing nothing in the stacked 147 division from what Ive seen of his fights in the pros. Ortiz Jr would go through him

10. Throwing Leather

Mar 7, 2021
    Thats the ****in truth but i could still see a ortiz KO

11. Throwing Leather

Mar 7, 2021
    Hes super talented tho

12. OvidsExile

OvidsExile At a minimum, a huckleberry over your persimmon. Full Member

Aug 28, 2012
    Agreed, he needs to beat up a few more Hookers before he's ready for Crawford.

ShovelHook, Chuck Norris and TipNom like this.
  13. Flo_Raiden

Flo_Raiden Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 12, 2010
    Ortiz is one of the few newcomers that I have deep respect for. Love his skills and action-oriented style along with his likable personality. He has a lot of time to keep improving himself. Give him a few more fights at a higher level and I think he'd be ready for Crawford soon enough. Very talented and exciting fighter to watch.

14. Salty Dog

Salty Dog My name is Buck and I'm here to... Full Member

Sep 5, 2008
    Not sure that was a mistake from his point of view. That fight made him. Floyd schooled young Saul in every facet of the game; from the negotiating table to the final bell. And Canelo learned. Also, Canelo lost his 0 to an ATG early in his rise and so is now immune. If the judges had done their job properly in the first Golovkin fight, he didn't have the 0 to lose so it's doubtful his career would have suffered much considering his performance in the rematch. He'd just be Canelo with 2 Ls instead of one.

I don't like what either of them became, but Floyd instructed and Canelo accepted the transfer of knowledge. If Ortiz earns an L to a Spence or a Crawford at this point in his career, it might work out well in the long run.

shza likes this.
  15. Slyk

Slyk Boxing Junkie Full Member

Dec 5, 2010
    Hadn't really followed him, but thoroughly enjoyed this past fight. Post fight interview in the ring had good signs. Seems like he's approaching things in a very mature way. Future star with his explosive style.

IntentionalButt likes this.