Victor Conte: “Morning running, road work and high altitude training is stupid and useless”

Discussion in 'Boxing Training' started by Gennady, Oct 26, 2018.

1. Gennady

Gennady Well-Known Member Full Member

Dec 10, 2017
    This content is protected

Interesting. But most of the fighters does morning running, and for example Golovkin trains and lives (Conte says it’s not just stupid but also dangerous) in high altitude and he has a brutal stamina and gastank.

captain hook and dangerousity like this.
  2. Ukansodoff

Ukansodoff Deontay plz stop ducking Joshua. Thank you. Full Member

Aug 7, 2010
    Yeah why get them doing all that nonsense when you can just make them drink some special shakes.

Holler likes this.
  3. UnleashtheFURY

UnleashtheFURY D'oh! Full Member

Sep 29, 2012
    What does this fat sack of **** know about actual TRAINING and CONDITIONING for fights? That's not his area of expertise. Assuming that's an actual quote it's incredibly stupid and flat out wrong.

4. Boon

Boon Boxing Addict banned Full Member

May 2, 2015
    It's only natural for a cheating, lying, deceiving and deceptive scumbag shithead to discredit legal and tried & tested methods of training, so that he may further push his own illegal injections and supplements (PED's and steroids and the like).

In other words, do not listen to this devil.

beewood, DJN16 and Holler like this.
  5. thesmokingm

thesmokingm Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Nov 18, 2009
    Another suckback video?

6. Tomato(e) Can

Tomato(e) Can Emmanuel Dapidran Pacquiao. banned Full Member

Feb 19, 2018
    This is all Pacquiao did under Ariza.

:lol:

7. DoubleJab666

DoubleJab666 Dot, dot, dot... Full Member

Nov 9, 2015
    Victor has always thought the secret to high athletic performance was to be found within the needle of a syringe rather than good honest hard work. So forgive me if I grab a pinch of salt.

Anyway, Big Bear has always been about more than high altitude science; it is the isolation from distraction and the focus which this allows that is also key.

beewood and PIRA like this.
  8. Gennady

Dec 10, 2017
    I think diet, recovery and training methods are overthought.

Of course they are very important, but who is a champion is gonna be a champion if he train in high altitude or low altitude, and who is not a champion not gonna be a champion just because he starts to use e.g. Victor Conte’s training system.

Stamina/gastank is same like punching power. 80-90% depends on your genetics.

9. jmashyaka

jmashyaka Boxing Addict Full Member

May 7, 2016
    He was blowing hard against Canelo, I don’t think GGGs stamina is great, it’s good but nothing special.

10. DJN16

DJN16 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 15, 2013
    I wonder if Victor Conte has ever stepped in the squared circle? Something tells me no.

UnleashtheFURY likes this.
  11. Gennady

Dec 10, 2017
    At the age of 35-36-37 he did very well in the championship rounds against Jacobs and Canelo2x.

He is always breathing heavily between rounds, that’s a Russian “trick” to fill up the lungs as much as possible.

DJN16 likes this.
  12. jmashyaka

jmashyaka Boxing Addict Full Member

May 7, 2016
    I don’t believe that Russian trick stuff, I’ve never seen him breathing like that. Remember Canelo made him give up ground, every other fight GGG has either backed up the fighter or held his ground.

13. madballster

madballster VIP Member Full Member

Jul 21, 2009
    High altitude training is non-sense, right. And the earth is flat.

DJN16 and UnleashtheFURY like this.
  14. DanishDynamite

DanishDynamite Member Full Member

Dec 10, 2013
    I used to come to Mikkel Kesslers gym from before the Calzaghe fight until the end of his career with my dad who knows him and used to spar him when Mikkel was very young. He developed/changed his workout routine from those classic workouts to more "crossfit" like workouts with high intensity, explosiveness and sprints rather than long runs and long passes with heavy lifting (which i don't think he ever did). His argument was that a round lasts 3 mins so he should train to be effective for 3 intensive minutes at a time and then rest rather than being able to run a marathon with more endurence but less intensity - it made sense to me at least. He still did longer runs but it was just warm ups or basic trainings i think. Still i don't think there is nessecarily just ONE way to train right for boxing - boxers physique vary and so does/should their training.

15. tinman

tinman VIP Member Full Member

Feb 25, 2015
    No **** he was 36. Nobody has a great tank at 36. Imagine Aaron Pryor at 36.