VIDEO: Fury Retirement/Legacy

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by Rumsfeld, Apr 25, 2022.

1. Rumsfeld

Rumsfeld Moderator Staff Member

Jul 19, 2004
  2. Journeyman92

Journeyman92 Resident Gadfly Full Member

Sep 22, 2021
    “?” Is right. I think he’ll be back. I pray he’ll be back, I beg he comes back. Not now anytime but now damn it Tyson.

3. Rakesh

Rakesh Active Member Full Member

Jul 6, 2021
    If it is true, this is actually very sad for boxing for me.

Usyk vs Fury would've been the most epic and exciting way to get undisputed between two heavyweights who really are the best in the division.

For me this is a very blank retirement, no Usyk, no AJ on his resume... very blank.

Fury has accomplished a lot in his career but something is missing.

4. Barrf

Barrf Active Member Full Member

Sep 19, 2021
    From a practical standpoint of wanting an athlete I like to have a good life, yes, it should retire. He's financially set, his health seems fine, and his life seems stable.

From a boxing standpoint, please no. He needs to fight the winner of the AJ/Usyk rematch. If it somehow worked out that he could fight and beat both men, then he could retire and claim legit ATG status.

5. BitPlayerVesti

BitPlayerVesti Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 28, 2017
    I really hope the Usyk and Joshua fights happen, the Usyk fight if only one.

I really doubt this will be his last fight, but I could totally him taking a few years off again.

6. Reinhardt

Reinhardt Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 4, 2016
    I like Rummy's video and especially one of his comments at the end,," their will always be a lot of questions around Fury? I think that sticks no matter what.

7. Fergy

Fergy Walking Dead Full Member

Jan 8, 2017
    Hopefully, you never know.