[Video] Laszlo Papp - 3x Olympic Gold Medalist

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by haNZAgod, Jan 31, 2017.

1. Cecil

Cecil Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 22, 2015
    Ra's lad, you've suffered probably the biggest beat down in the history of the ESB, just try now to retire gracefully, i'm not saying try to cut your losses, because you went way beyond that stage ages ago.
    You've been schooled Willie Pep style and battered Rocky Marciano style.
    Give in lad.

mcvey likes this.
  2. mcvey

mcvey VIP Member Full Member

Jun 2, 2006
    "The draws Papp received were in the backyards of his opponents (unlike Giardello, who lost mainly on foreign soil and his draws were rather at home), what you didn't mention (for a good reason); which means these were mostly robberies."

The Ring, March 1961, reported:

Milan, Italy. THe oft- postponed middles clash between Ginacarlo Garbelli and the Hungarian veteran Laszlo Papp, finally took place at the Sports Palace where some 12,000 fans crowded in to watch the Mysterious Hungarian display his prowess. Since Papp must get the sanction of Hungarian authorities for every fight he accepts, it is always problematical whether he will arrive.

In Garbelli he clashed with a fighter built on his own lines- stocky, two- fisted and aggressive. Garbelli was not bothered by the Hungarian's south paw stance, nor fame as knockout puncher. He went right in to action from the first gong and kept up the pace until the end of the bout. The Swiss ref, Rody Seidel, declared the result a draw but Garbelli appeared to have got the edge.

Roll up! Roll up ! The circus is back in town!lol

Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
  3. klompton2

klompton2 Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Feb 10, 2013
    Comical. Every single point has been addressed, re-addressed, and proven to be false and/or lies. Tell us again how Papp was rated #1 and Giardello's mandatory, or how Fernandez wasnt good enough to be rated by the EBU for a European title shot. Or how Scholz was robbed against Humez, or Hungary wasnt a soviet puppet state, or how Stribling wasnt a legitimate HW contender, or how Carter and Tiger lost fixed fights to Giardello, or how Ziggy dominated Ali, or how Folledo was Benvenutis mandatory, I could keep going because almost every time you type something you display numerous errors. The only thing I cant figure out is if they are intentional (lies) or you are just ignorant. Regardless you are clearly living in your own little world and clearly havent seen most of the fights you choose to discuss. For instance, calling Humez-Scholz 2 a brutal beat down is comical. It was competitive from start to finish with Scholz content to sharpshoot with a straight left to counter Humez aggressive style. Humez landed many more punches than Scholz and kept Scholz on the ropes and in corners for most of the fight. Being that he landed more and was the aggressor had it gone to a decision anywhere but Germany (famous for some of the worst decisions of all time) Humez would have won. Scholz got lucky in cutting his eyebrow which prompted Humez to decide to call an end to his career. However, the punishment talked about on Boxrec is a myth. It was a single cut in a bad spot right on his eyebrow close to the center of his forehead which bled into the eye. As you can see below he suffered no more punishment and retired simply because he couldnt see with the blood running into his eye. Nice try clown but Humez wasnt brutalized in that fight. He was just old and once he got cut he decided that rather than take that punishment for three more rounds he would call his career over.

https://flic.kr/p/S9oYUf

By comparison here he is almost 4 years earlier after knocking out Langlois. Doesnt look a whole lot different does he?

https://flic.kr/p/RYpdqE

So much for the theory that Scholz rearranged his features and had him cut to ribbons. Like I said, facts are inconvenient things to liars.

4. mcvey

Jun 2, 2006
    This is what Klompy said." As if Hungary wasnt a soviet puppet state at the time in question." And he is 100 % correct!
    The idea that it is heresy to say that professionals are in general better than amateurs,just illustrates what a total moron you are.

Q Do you see anyone agreeing with your outlandish opinions?

5. mcvey

Jun 2, 2006
    Klompton never said Papp was an inhabitant of the Soviet Union,or that Hungary was part of the Soviet Union.
    He said Hungary was a Soviet State and also a Soviet Puppet State and he is entirely correct in those statements!
    I'm not only able to read I can spell too!

Last edited: Feb 18, 2017
  6. mcvey

Jun 2, 2006
    Klompton and I are not friends but I recognize when someone is being schooled, outclassed, owned ,and humiliated, as you have been on two threads here .

Regarding the Folley v Mildenberger fight I conceded Klompton was correct and I was wrong, something that you have ,NEVER DONE AND WILL NEVER DO.

You Sir are a deluded moron.

7. Cecil

Cecil Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 22, 2015
    It doesn't matter that Hungary didn't share a land border of the Soviet Union, it was every bit a Soviet Satellite state as Poland or East Germany.
    Did you not know about those Russian tanks that rolled in to suppress the revolution in '56?

8. mcvey

Jun 2, 2006
    You should put your nephew on here in your place ,he would make more sense!