Video: My 3rd Pro Fight (3-0) Highlights

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by heatman, Dec 4, 2017.

1. heatman

heatman Fight Game Connoisseur Full Member

May 3, 2009
    This content is protected

Check out highlights of my 3rd pro fight on Sat Dec 2nd. I took on a tough journeyman who's dropped a few prospects. He can hit but I got in control early and put hands on him. Next fight is against a live opponent to get a ranking for the English title. All feedback & comments welcome

Cornish, Pez, velagod and 7 others like this.
  2. Shabba D

Shabba D New Member banned Full Member

Dec 3, 2017
    Josh Taylor is quaking in his boots.

3. Birmingham

Birmingham Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Jan 13, 2017
    looked good for 3 fights !

4. im sparticus

im sparticus There Ye Go. Full Member

May 16, 2010
    Not bad for 3 fight novice.
    Areas to improve, from the footage youve shown .
    1.Be a bit busier when youre opponent is backed up. You were a little zloa in getting your shots off.
    2. Cut the ring off better and have more situational awareness. There were times that you gave up favoured positions, simply because you werent aware of your position.
    3. If your going to shoulder roll ,make sure your know to do it correctly and more importantly, know why your doing it. Once you step up in levels you can get suckered when shoulder rolling with the big right over the top.
    This is what stuck out to me most when i viewe your vid.

5. yesihavearm2

yesihavearm2 ESB Chinchecker Full Member

May 30, 2008
    Enjoyed, thanks for posting!

6. Scyson

Scyson Active Member banned Full Member

Oct 14, 2017
    Nice jab. Use it a bit more and double it up.

7. jonny v

jonny v Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 24, 2010
    My mate made his debut on Saturday at LWW. In Birmingham. His name is Lenny Evans so i will probably get to watch you live at some point mate. Hope you progress well good luck

8. Birmingham

Birmingham Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Jan 13, 2017
    Where was the boxing at mate? Always on the look out for boxing in Brum

9. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    Really enjoyed your clip mate. You boxed really well, threw a nice variety of shots and showed some impressive speed and footwork too. If I was being pedantic over a fine performance, I would say that towards the end, you stopped moving as well and planted your feet. I think you were either trying to finish him off or you knew he couldn’t hurt you and was willing to take a shot to land a flurry of your own.

I’ll keep an eye out for you. Great stuff.

10. dreadlockno1

dreadlockno1 Member Full Member

Feb 28, 2012
    Nice clip bud, very cool to see a boxer posting here and openly opening himself up for criticism. Hard to tell how good anybody will be against a journeyman but looked solid and steady!

I may as well throw in my two cent though......even though I'm sure I could not deliver a performance that good ;).

I think if you varied your tempo a little during the fight it would have kept the fella guessing a little more, a few more shots may have gotten through. Fight with the same tempo and a fella will get comfortable with that. Kinda looked like you were in the same gear all the way through the fight.

Nice clip of the one and only Mayweather describing what I am trying to say 2.15-3ish mins

11. dreadlockno1

dreadlockno1 Member Full Member

Feb 28, 2012
    I also liked the end of this little clip I found today, not quite the same but pretty cool.

12. jase29

jase29 Member Full Member

Sep 9, 2010
    Great performance for 3rd fight.
    Love the Mayweather style.
    Like the other person mentioned at times the feet are fully planted on the floor.
    Keep working on your footwork so you will ready for another fighter that is constantly on the move.
    Really like the way you went about it.
    Keep up the good work.
    I think you will go a long way.

13. jonny v

jonny v Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 24, 2010
    At the holte suite mate villa ground. It was Don broadhursts retirement do. Good venue in fairness

Birmingham likes this.
  14. heatman

heatman Fight Game Connoisseur Full Member

May 3, 2009
    Thanks for the feedback guys.

Working on the footwork....as the fight goes on I become flat footed - wont be able to do that as I go up in levels so Im addressing that. Obviously Im still a novice fighting journeymen & there are big tests ahead but I know Im gonna be a champion

Will keep u guys updated :ggg

15. Guy Nicho

Guy Nicho Member Full Member

Aug 1, 2016
    What experience did you have prior to turning over? Good luck with your career