VIDEO: My 4th Pro Fight (4-0) HIGHLIGHTS

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by heatman, Feb 18, 2018.

1. heatman

heatman Fight Game Connoisseur Full Member

May 3, 2009
    This content is protected

Hi guys…I had my 4th fight on the Hayemaker show (Joe Joyce undercard) on Friday night. Here are a few of the highlights. It’s early days but that’s my last 4 rounder against journeymen. I’m looking to fast track to a big step in 2018 and start getting some belts. As ever comments and feedback are welcome :ggg @Badnewsboxing on social media

2. Boxingfan200

Boxingfan200 USYK #1 P4P banned Full Member

Feb 5, 2017
    looks good :) best of luck to ya how old are ya?

3. slender4

slender4 Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Apr 26, 2006
    Awesome! Nice job homie. You look like a prospect.

Your balance and footwork are a little off at times, If I were your trainer I would have you practice tree pose :30 a day. :15 on one side then the other. That will allow you to keep your balance and punch harder.

[url]https://www.yogajournal.com/poses/tree-pose[/url]

4. Dagnaldinho

Dagnaldinho Active Member Full Member

Sep 16, 2017
    Good luck fella, not sure if this was shown on the tv but ill certainly keep track of your progress from now onwards

5. KelandBeave

KelandBeave Fab 4 Full Member

Jun 27, 2013
    Tuck your head in a bit, against better opponents they will tag you pretty easily..... all the best

6. Sphillips

Sphillips Active Member Full Member

Nov 14, 2017
    Interesting advice mate.

I would like to be able to improve both my balance and power whilst on the move.

Any other tips? I’m open to all ideas.

7. rayrobinson

rayrobinson Boxing Junkie Full Member

Dec 8, 2009
    Did they get those ropes from Zaire ?

8. RingKing75

RingKing75 Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Dec 23, 2013
    Dont know much about you but good luck and at worst I think you have a brighter future than Adrien Broner.

aaalbert likes this.
  9. Braindamage

Braindamage Baby Face Beast Full Member

Oct 1, 2011
    Pretty good! You look like a destroyer in there. The 1 criticism I have is pawing and keeping your jab out there trying to line your opponent up for the big shot. In that situation throw the jab hard, use it as an offensive weapon instead of a range finder. Also, refs will warn you for doing that. Anyway, keep working hard, always strive to get better and never settle. Good luck!

10. J Jones

J Jones Well-Known Member Full Member

Jul 19, 2017
    Thanks for sharing.

I see a few things, in sequential order:

1. Abandon the Philly Shell. Floyd and Toney make it look a lot easier than it is, but it’s definitely not for everybody.

2. Bring your lead hand up, with your elbow down.

3. You do a good job of varying the speed and velocity of your jab. However, you have a tendency to bring it back low. As a result of bringing your jab back low, you have a tendency to fall off balance and smother your own offense.

Good luck and keep us posted.

11. slender4

Apr 26, 2006
    For now, you want to improve your core muscle strength. Planks front and side, good mornings (start off with low weight), get a kettlebell and do kettlebell swings (start off with a dumbell if you have to).
    Then get a hard-stretch routine. At least once a week for :30 upper body, and at least once for :30 lower body. Look up stretching routines.

The main thing is to improve balance, stabillity, flexibility and core muscle strength. After that, step two is easy. Watch the Eubank-Groves fight this weekend. Eubank is a world class fighter in his second title fight, but he has no balance or co-ordination and is stiff as a board. It showed.

Sphillips likes this.
  12. slender4

Apr 26, 2006
    Oh, and try to get a couple of Bosu balance half-balls and shadow box on them, inverted, than right-side up.

[url]http://www.itspersonalfitness.com/blog/archives/06-2013[/url]

Boxing trainers tend to work on the boxer, but not on the athlete.

Sphillips likes this.
  13. shoe

shoe Boxing Junkie Full Member

Dec 2, 2013
    a good fighter is liable to duck under your measuring left and bull rush you. i'd stop that before it becomes a habit. you don't really step into your jab either, or hook to the head off it. except for an obvious lack of power it's hard to tell much against a punching bag but the jab and your balance i'd say are most crucial to fix.

14. KiwiMan

KiwiMan Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 28, 2016
    You're doing very well, that was a fine performance and you are definitely a talent.

There's lots of good things there but I'll just focus on what can be improved. Previous replies in this thread had good points for improvement, my summary is:

- too many slow range-finding jabs, a better / more offensively minded opponent wouldn't have a great deal of trouble ducking under those.
    - you sometimes fall forward after you punch. Likewise, you sometimes plant your feet for a bit too long and/or a bit too far back while trying to get more leverage on your punches. This is basically a footwork issue, a few times you were trying to do too much with your upper body and reaching a fraction. The traditional way to work on this is shadow-boxing, throw all your combos while keeping your weight balanced and making sure that you never lose that balance and become forced to hurriedly step to regain it.
    - be careful about walking in with your hands low and your chin in the air, this could be costly against a better opponent;
    - as @J Jones said, consider abandoning the Philly shell. I personally think it doesn't suit your style terribly well.

Good luck, and congratulations on your win again!

15. drenlou

drenlou Tres Delinquentes Full Member

Jan 22, 2015
    You have talent! Boxing is the toughest sport in the world man, good luck and hope to see more of you in the future!

Bustajay and kirk like this.