Vijender Singh. how far can he go

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by IC3, Feb 6, 2017.

1. Boon

Boon Boxing Addict banned Full Member

May 2, 2015
    That's quite harsh. I really don't think it's true that 90% don't have access to a toilet. Maybe you mean a western toilet? Squatting is the way in most of Asia and Africa. Even the rich folks have a squat toilet and a western toilet, with the squat being the primary method.

Allegedly, it's actually much better for your physical health and has all kinds of benefits.

Last edited: May 5, 2021
    Jamal Perkins likes this.
  2. Jamal Perkins

Jamal Perkins Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 19, 2012
    I see your point it was harsh of me.Apologies

Amended my post hope u can amend yours where I'm quoted thanks

Boon likes this.
  3. Boon

May 2, 2015

It's okay, we all say flippant stuff on the internet. It's cool buddy. I caught a little bit of your next post but it's been removed. You do make some very valid points as well. India does have a huge problem with outright FACIST leadership currently in power for the second term.

It is a very fascist country where right-wing gangs (and I literally mean right-wing as in Hitler kinda right-wing and NOT Proud Boys who are school boys compared to Indian right-wing mobs like RSS) patrol the streets, sexually assault women at random and kill people in the streets, all whilst being assisted and directed by the police, local and state politicians and other people of influence.

The current Prime Minister, back in the early 2000's when he was a regional Chief Minister, perpetrated a riot in which he personally gave the order to right-wing militia to basically do as they pleased for "three nights". This was an order to:

Burn to the ground businesses and homes of anyone not Hindu
    **** and kill women and children
    Torture and mutilate men, women and children (including electricity from the mains that instantly killed families)
    Loot and plunder all that is owned by non-Hindu's

Thousands of people dies, including foreign nationals, a few Brits included.

The current Prime Minister, who is serving his second term, was named his own closest allies as having given the order for "three nights" when they were secretly video recorded by an undercover journalist. The footage is on YouTube, as are many videos of the killings and sub-human savagery.

And yet, this guy was voted into the high seat in the country in "the world's biggest democracy".... Unbelievable.

What I find worth contemplating, picture the worlds biggest Muslim terrorists or extremist preachers. Bin Laden and people of his ilk. I think everyone would be in agreement that no Muslim country, from the most Modern ones to the least developed ones like Afghanistan would EVER vote into power someone of such cruelty and inhumanity. Not a freaking chance. Yet, India see's this scumbag as fit to lead.

I think in this context, it is fair to say it is incredibly backwards.

Last edited: May 5, 2021
  4. Boon

May 2, 2015
    Done!

5. Journey Man

Journey Man Journeyman always. Full Member

Aug 22, 2009
    I’ve heard that squatting when you’re having a poo is much healthier. Something to do with the alignment of the bowel. I’ve read things saying you should have a stool next to your toilet to put your feet on when you’re sat down - tried it a couple of times but not enough to make a judgement.

Anyway enough about taking a dump. I felt Vijender was doing well early in his career when he was based in the UK, and he had a half decent win over Kerry hope who was a good domestic level boxer. However I felt he just didn’t step up the levels accordingly and stayed around that average domestic level with journeymen inbetween, and then slipped on a banana skin in his last one. He is adored in India I believe and this won’t hurt him too much, but at 35 he’s pretty much done all he can do in boxing. If he can nick a win in a rematch with the lad who beat him, I’d cash out in a big fight on a Sky or DAZN card, John Ryder or someone like that.