VIP Boxing Press Release - ISAAC LOWE PROMISES MONEY’S WORTH

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by stegsie, Dec 5, 2012.

1. stegsie

stegsie Active Member Full Member

Jun 2, 2007
    ISAAC LOWE PROMISES MONEY’S WORTH - AGAIN!

Young professional Isaac Lowe is promising an exciting ride in the fight game.

The 18-year-old demolished Michael Stupart in a round on his debut at the Blackpool Winter Gardens in October, and the huge Mike Tyson fan is determined to put in another eye-catching shift when he appears there again on December 14 on the undercard of Brian Rose’s British light-middleweight title defence against Sam Webb.

“I was over the moon with my performance [against Stupart],” revealed featheweight Lowe. “The atmosphere was great and it was all anyone could ask for for a first pro fight.

“He was a strong kid and a dangerous opponent for my debut but I caught him with a decent shot and it was all over and done with.

“Ideally I’d like to have got some more rounds under my belt but you don’t get paid for overtime so you have to get them out of there.

“Any boxing fan pays their money to see someone who goes forward. You want your money’s worth and there was no one better than Mike Tyson for that and that’s why I liked to watch him.

“From starting boxing aged eight I’ve always gone forward; that’s the way I box. As an amateur it only got me so far, but in the pros it’s definitely working for me.

“I’m very strong for my weight and I can hit with both hands. I like the body shots and I don’t care who you are once I hit you with them it’s goodnight!”

Lowe’s ‘all or nothing’ style looks certain to make him a huge fan-favourite. The former ABA semi-finalist and England amateur is already straining at the leash for tougher pro challenges, and the biggest task currently facing his trainers at the Lancaster Boxing Academy is just holding him back!

Of course, like most young fighters, Isaac harbours title ambitions. Whether he achieves them, in a sport as precarious as boxing, remains to be seen, but the guarantee is that he will entertain trying.

That’s all for the future though, for now Lowe’s immediate destiny lies at the Winter Gardens and, as usual, he is raring to go.

“I wish it was this weekend. I’m fit, strong, my weight’s perfect and I can’t wait.

“I’ll try and get him out of there as soon as I can. I’d like to do the four rounds but if I get a chance I’ll be taking it.

“Honestly you get your money’s worth when you come and watch me. I’m one for the future.”

“Isaac had an explosive debut and made a real impact on our October show,” recalled VIP Promotions head Steve Wood.

“He went toe to toe, got caught himself, but ended up just walking through his opponent and it all made for great viewing. We think he could be one to watch and we’re all looking forward to seeing how he performs on this December date. The bill-topper for this Blackpool show is a great fight and the undercard is absolutely first-rate. It’s going to be a great night.”

‘Fighting for Keeps’ will be at the Blackpool Winter Gardens on December 14. Headlining will be hometown fighter Brian Rose defending his British light-middleweight title against Londoner Sam Webb. The undercard includes Blackpool’s Jack Arnfield; Manchester’s Prizefighter winner Terry Flannigan; Middleton’s ****** Tansey; Colne’s Shayne ‘The Pain’ Singleton; Lancaster’s Tomi Tatham; Southport’s Scott Moonan; Heywood’s Mark Thompson; Chorley’s Jack Caterall, and Lancashire’s Isaac Lowe.

Tickets, priced at £40 (General), £50.00 (Balcony) and £80 (Ringside) are available from all boxers (balcony seats from the venue only), from Ticket Master, or at www.vipbe.co.uk

Keep updated on VIP Promotions’ news by visiting www.vipboxing.com or follow on Twitter @vipboxing and Facebook. Currently, you can also watch free fights at www.vipboxing.tv