VIP Boxing Press Release - "The Pain" Wants First Belt

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by stegsie, Oct 1, 2012.

1. stegsie

stegsie Active Member Full Member

Jun 2, 2007
    ‘THE PAIN’ WANTS FIRST BELT, AS GODDINS GETS GRAHAM EARL

Shayne ‘The Pain’ Singleton is pleased he will be fighting for a title at the Reebok Stadium on Oct 7 – even if it isn’t the one he thought he’d be scrapping for. Originally scheduled to face Birmingham’s Chris Truman for the British Masters light-welterweight title, Shayne, 23, now gets a crack at the International Masters belt against an, as yet, unnamed opponent.

“I was looking forward to fighting Truman; it would have been a good fight,” stated Shayne, who is undefeated in 12, with three KOs. “He comes forward and I like to box on the back foot, so it would have been my kind of fight. Then I got the news that he couldn’t make the weight; which I don’t know if he’s just making an excuse.

“I’m feeling good though and I’m not letting things bother me. You’ve got to expect things like this in boxing, and I’m prepared to fight someone who’s coming to win the title as much as me. I’ve had a 10-week training camp, have never felt so good, and whoever’s put in front of me on Sunday will get the same treatment as Chris Truman would’ve got!

“Everybody wants to become a champion. People say ‘I want to be a British or world champion’ but as long as I become a champion in my life, which will happen at the Reebok Stadium on October 7th, then I’m one happy man. We’ll go from there onto bigger and better things but once I’ve got this belt I’ll be the happiest man in the world.”

Also appearing on this Bolton bill will be a fighter who will undoubtedly go on to win future honours, against a man who knows all about picking up belts. Bolton’s Rick Goddins, undefeated in 17, will step in with former British lightweight champion Graham Earl who makes a return to the ring after a three year hiatus. The undercard also showcases Lancashire’s Luke Blackledge; Preston’s Dean Halsall; Cumbria’s Rick Skelton; Atherton’s Craig Boardman; Manchester’s James Davenport, and debutants Tommy Taitham and Danny Watson.

“We’re working hard on getting a good opponent in for Shayne,” detailed promoter Steve Wood. “It was a shame that Truman pulled out but Shayne will get a hard test, which hopefully he’ll come through for his first belt. VIP Promotions’ first show of the season earlier this month at Bowler’s in Manchester was a real success with some brilliant fights on and I’m really looking forward to this next show. Tickets have gone really; the Reebok is a top venue and there’ll be a really good atmosphere.”

Shayne Singleton fighting for the International Masters light-welterweight title will headline a stacked undercard at the Reebok Stadium on Sunday October 7. Tickets, priced at £30 (General) and £50 (Ringside), are available from all boxers or atwww.vipbe.co.uk

Keep updated on VIP Promotions’ news by visiting www.vipboxing.com or follow on Twitter @vipboxing. Currently, you can also watch free fights at www.vipboxing.tv