VIPBoxing.Com News .....

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by stegsie, Aug 13, 2007.

1. stegsie

stegsie Active Member Full Member

Jun 2, 2007
    CARL DILKS - Looks to move to 3-0 when he boxes on the 15th September in Preston.

STEPHEN FOSTER JNR - To keep trim in anticipation of a rematch with Derry Matthews has been over to Ireland to help Bernard Dunne in preparation for his European title defence on 25th August

DANNY HARDING - Again shows his willingness to improve and takes on fellow unbeaten prospect Lee Cook at York Hall on the 21st September. Frank Maloney has to be congratulated for making these fights !

JACK ARMFIELD - The 18 year old prospect from Blackpool has decided to turn over early after being overlooked from the GB squad despite winning a gold in the recent multi-nations tournament .This is an exciting move for VIP who are looking forward to promoting the Junior ABA champion and their track record for developing young talent is what swung Jack to choose them

MARK MORAN - The highly talented amateur who is unbeaten in 6 pro fights has decided to resurrect his career with VIP Promotions and will begin his comeback on the 22nd September at Super Bantamweight.

MARTIN MURRAY - Despite advances from many other promoters the ex ABA champion has chosen to sign a joint deal with VIP Promotions and FTM sports. His debut will be on the 22nd September 2007 and big things are expected of this highly rated amateur who will campaign in the Middleweight division.

This content is protected
    - Has great offers on Black leather head-quards and groin protectors this month. Also tickets for the above contests will be available to purchase from there very soon.

2. NOrth

NOrth Active Member Full Member

Oct 10, 2006
    Gomez fights Mcdonagh in October... thoguht Id drop that one in.

3. BigEars

BigEars Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 30, 2006
    Excellent :p

4. GazOC

GazOC Guest Star for Team Taff Full Member

Jan 7, 2005
    Whats your opinion on Foster, he looked the business early on then I missed a few of his fights and he gets beat by Matthews (who doesn't impress me BTW)?

Was he exposed or could he come back to Euro level?

5. BigEars

BigEars Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 30, 2006
    In my opinion he wasn't exposed because I was never that high on him to begin with . Luckily European level and British level are pretty much the same at Featherweight at the moment and although Foster is one dimentional and just not that great all round really he still may have enough to capture the European title should he be engineered into a shot for it .

The again just thinking about it Cook and Abazi are both back on the European scene having failed in their European attempts .
    Having gone to check Foster's position in the EBU rankings(9th) I find that Cook is mandatory challenger and Abazi is #1 challenger .
    The champion Servidei appears fairly weak having only won a close decision(in Italy) over Yuri Voronin , Voronin can punch and is awkward but he is extremely crude and has pretty poor skills .

So although Foster(and I'm just going by records) looks like he might have a chance against Servidei , Cook and Abazi would be far too much for him .

Michael Hunter is ranked #2 at Featherweight in the EBU btw..........maybe that's of interest to someone I don't know .

6. NOrth

NOrth Active Member Full Member

Oct 10, 2006
    Should be on the undercard of Moore facey