Vitali-Corrie Sanders

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Leeroy, Jul 8, 2007.

1. Leeroy

Leeroy Do it Do it Full Member

Mar 14, 2007
    First of all,congrats on behalf of Wlad who executed the perfect game-plan and completely dominated the fight.

Vitali:Wlad will never be like his brother,no matter how long he's in the game. Wlad is better offensively,but doesn't come anywhere near Vitali in terms of Defense and chin(To each it's own,Wlad is his own man).

I just got done watching Vitali-Sanders....Vitali was in trouble and taken out of his element in the first couple of rounds - Man;Sanders could have been the champ LONG ago,if only he would have stayed in shape,and dedicated. That sneaky straight-left was a thing of awe.

Vitali though,weathered the storm,and dominated after/midway through the 2nd round.

Vitali took shots that would have sent the majority of heavyweights reeling - both in the Lewis fight and in the Corrie Sanders fight.

I was impressed and have always been impresed with Vitali's defensive abilities,which I think have ALWAYS been overrated.

However,baring injuries;Vitali's return will be short. I expect 2 or 3 big fights before he permanently calls it quits.

Anyone want to take a guess on who his opponents will be? I'm wondering if Vitali will need half of the fight to shake off the rust - he's comming off a long long lay off.