Vitali Klitschko vs Evander Holyfield

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by El Hans, Jun 4, 2019.

1. George Crowcroft

George Crowcroft Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 3, 2019
    No. But you said to date.

OP_TheJawBreaker and Mendoza like this.
  2. dinovelvet

dinovelvet Antifanboi Full Member

Jul 21, 2012
    Maybe you don't understand the difference.

3. George Crowcroft

George Crowcroft Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 3, 2019
    To date means everything so far. Ever also means everything, and since we can't see the future that also means everything so far.

Maybe you should be more specific.

OP_TheJawBreaker, Mendoza and BCS8 like this.
  4. THE BLADE 2

THE BLADE 2 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 14, 2009
    Based on his resume, I agree that Vitali is not an ATG heavyweight, certainly not Top 10. Head to head he seems to be overrated by this board although I agree that there clearly were mitigating factor to his losses. But being competitive with a past prime and out of shape Lewis is not that great an of achievemnt when we are talking ATG status. Remember has been knocked out when being unprepared.

Vitali's resume is light years away from that of Holyfield.With an unimpressive resume and two losses which exposed Vitali's lack of heart and flaws in defense, it is hard to suggest that he would be able to beat prime Holy.

MURK20, mcvey, rinsj and 3 others like this.
  5. dinovelvet

Jul 21, 2012
    Since you are not going to admit you were wrong , ill assume you misquoted me on purpose. Now the forum can see what you're about , but my guess is they already know. Look in your Tyson cherry picking thread for proof.

mcvey likes this.
  6. dinovelvet

Jul 21, 2012
    When @Mendoza is stuck in a corner , he'll misquote you and put you down for comments you never made. Thats the type of "man" he is.

mcvey likes this.
  7. Mendoza

Mendoza Hrgovic = Next Heavyweight champion of the world. banned Full Member

Jun 29, 2007

Oh sure Vital's lacked heart. He fought on just fine with a bad cut vs. Lewis and later on won a fight with a dislocated should. He decided to stop vs Byrd because ehe feed permeant injury. And get real Blade, I can name many guys in the hall of fame who quit far lesser or no injuries.

Exactly which fight did he lack defense? He was never behind on any of the scorecards.

Was Lewis that past his prime? A year ago was one of his best performance vs Rhaman II. Vitali made Lewis look the way he was, and even said he was hard to time and hit.

Holy fans can hang their hat on the Tyson win, who we all know was better a decade ago, but with the PED's, losses, sometimes dirty fighting, and many struggles vs. larger skilled men he's not likely winning here.

1-1-1 vs Ruiz
    1-1 vs Morrer
    In trouble and got help with the ref vs Cooper.
    Should be 0-2 vs Lewis.
    1-2 Bowe.

See my point, take out the Tyson win and there some major holes in for Holyfield. I will say he was game and willing to fight anyone.

Johnny_B and Balder like this.
  8. Mendoza

Mendoza Hrgovic = Next Heavyweight champion of the world. banned Full Member

Jun 29, 2007

Other posters in this thread are on your case. They see it. You can't tell the difference between acting like yourself and quoting. I was showing you the former.

Moving the goalposts back again, I see? You can mix and match words that don't fit all day long. Pretty much finished replying to you in this thread. We get it; you hate Klitschko.

To part, I'll leave you with your own words.
    This content is protected

^^^ I did not mis-quote you there :)

Last edited: Jun 7, 2019
    George Crowcroft likes this.
  9. he grant

he grant Historian/Film Maker Full Member

Jul 15, 2008
    It's a very tough call and a fight that goes the distance w two iron chins .. Both very smart fighters as well .. it's a coin toss but I may just go w Vital even thought I keep changing my mind ,,

10. GOAT Primo Carnera

GOAT Primo Carnera Member of the PC Fan Club Full Member

Jan 28, 2018
    Agree, very tough fight to rate.

But can someone imagine the Vitali who fought Byrd winning against the "sharp as razor blade" Holyfield who dismantled Douglas? I just don´t get this out of my head. Holyfield looked just so much better in quickness and boxing finesse. I don´t think anyone here hurts the other fighter too bad. The had nearly same reach, but Vit was alot taller. Beside this disadvantage, I see the Real Deal winning more rounds.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2019
    Gatekeeper and roughdiamond like this.
  11. Bonecrusher

Bonecrusher Lineal Champion Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    WHEN!!!?????? He didn’t get help??? Care to elaborate. Hurt yes, Dropped yes, given help NO!!! I’ve seen the fight enough times to be able to give a running narration of the HBO call.

12. destruction

destruction Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Anyone picking Holyfield is a biased nationalistic American

Johnny_B likes this.
  13. THE BLADE 2

THE BLADE 2 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 14, 2009
    Vitali is very slow and robotic compared to Holyfield.

rinsj and dinovelvet like this.
  14. BCS8

BCS8 VIP Member Full Member

Aug 21, 2012
    There was no standing 8 count in that fight. Cooper should have been allowed to go on. I think he'd have stopped Holyfield.

15. dinovelvet

Jul 21, 2012
    You put words in my mouth by claiming I said Holyfield was 3-0 against Bowe. I initially gave you the benefit of the doubt and assumed you may have misread my post but it turned out you misquoted me on purpose.
    This is why McVey hated your guts and why other posters won't even engage with you. You are a toxic little weasel who brings out the worst in people.

We get it , you hate Holyfield. You hate Jack Johnson, Mike Tyson etc etc

What i post about Klitschko's is mostly the truth. By claiming Vitali hasn't a top 20 win over the past 20 years is a reality that seems to have angered you immensely , hence your unmanly ad hommien attack.

mcvey likes this.