Vitali Klitschko vs Evander Holyfield

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by El Hans, Jun 4, 2019.

1. Mendoza

Mendoza Hrgovic = Next Heavyweight champion of the world. banned Full Member

Jun 29, 2007
    What he hurt and floored by a journeyman. How is that being dishonest? Its fact. Deal with it. The relevance-is this Cooper can Vitali can punch harder. Being dis-honest is not admitting it. Better yet, Bowe a puncher, he has Holyfield hurt and out on his feet in first fight and KO'd him in the 3rd. Bowe did not have the best chin in the world. Golota hurt him, yet Holyfield did that was well.

If you want the most relevant Holyfield was out jabbed by he best he fought....all of them except a post prison Tyson. ( Bowe, Lewis, Ruiz, Moorer ) Can you admit this? Vitali has a very active jab. Can you agree here? Or would you like a debate, backed up my more punch stats than you can swallow? Let me know. I'm guessing you pass.

If you want to see how Holyfield did vs the best big guys with skills, he should be 0-2 vs Lewis and 1-2 vs Bowe. That's 1-4 and the 1 he won could be disputed. You can disagree with the 2nd Lewis fight, post a poll if you dare, we'll see what the forum thinks.

Vitali would give him a pounding. Holy wasn't nearly as good as you think. I've show you why and what I get back is boo hoo that isn't fair ( But facts are facts ) with loads of excuses. I've give you credit your not Machine_Man and least you'll answer some questions and your way smarter than our resident pea-brained dino.

2. Mendoza

Jun 29, 2007
    And Vitali was 36-41 when he bet several ranked contenders. Holfyield Roided up could not beat Ruiz!!! Ruiz won the first fight, he was robbed. See the difference? One guy blows out his ranked contenders, the other at the same loses to them...OFTEN.

Please explain why this is happening. Facts seldom agree with you, yes I am having some fun.

3. THE BLADE 2

THE BLADE 2 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 14, 2009
    But I still can't see the relevance for a Vitali - Holyfield fight. Now let's not get side tracked again by other subjects which is one your beloved tactics. It almost seems that you are making the ridculous claim that Vitali would knock out Holyfield because of the Cooper fight LOOOOL. You can't be serious, are you ? Even by your dellusional standards this would seem to be outlandish

4. THE BLADE 2

THE BLADE 2 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 14, 2009
    Is not the thread about prime Holyfield? So agains what is the relevance of the Ruiz fight in the context of a prime Vitali-Holyfield match up ?

mcvey likes this.
  5. mcvey

mcvey VIP Member Full Member

Jun 2, 2006
    You're making a show of yourself is what you are doing.lol

dinovelvet likes this.
  6. dinovelvet

dinovelvet Antifanboi Full Member

Jul 21, 2012
    Your idea of having a debate is interrogating people and demanding they answer your questions... When it comes to real debate you run and hide like you have done over and over when it came to Vitali ducking the Byrd rematch..
    You're the biggest duck artist here and everybody knows it..

Vitali chose not to take an immediate remtach with Byrd. Prove me wrong? Try not to duck this time. You keep coming back to this thread , but you don't want anything to do with this topic of discussion. We all know why.. quack quack

mcvey likes this.
  7. ideafix12

ideafix12 Well-Known Member Full Member

Jul 30, 2010
    Are you sure Vitali didn't want a second fight?

Mendoza likes this.
  8. dinovelvet

dinovelvet Antifanboi Full Member

Jul 21, 2012
    Not according to Chris Byrd , why would he lie?

ideafix12 and mcvey like this.
  9. mcvey

Jun 2, 2006
    None of those I named were ranked by the Ring they were gimmee defences. Wepner was number 10 when Ali defended against him.
    36 years old Ali had just defended against Earnie Shavers, he was entitled to a soft one.
    Jackson was Ring ranked no 8. Ali and Lewis fought everybody ,picking out isolated softer defences they made in an attempt to excuse Vitali's long queue of second rate challengers won't work, and only a fool would make the comparison.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2020
  10. mcvey

Jun 2, 2006
    No response to this? He's probably still waiting for the translation.

11. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 30, 2017
    Athletes peak at different ages. Holyfield was a fighter that pretty much peaked from his mid to late 20’s. The next gen, the likes of Lewis and Vitali peaked in the mid 30’s. Times change. In Mike Tyson’s era, every heavyweight of 30 years old plus were being called veterans. Jersey Joe winning the title at 37 was being talked about as never being beaten. Today AJ, Fury and Wilder are all in their 30’s. Holyfield was so good that he remained competitive 15 years past prime and into his 40’s but it tarnished his legacy because casuals or those with hidden agendas, want to use the performances of a shot fighter as their gauge. Same happens with Roy Jones Jnr.

Bonecrusher, Man_Machine and mcvey like this.
  12. mcvey

Jun 2, 2006
    Very true!

Heisenberg likes this.
  13. Mendoza

Jun 29, 2007
    Prove that.

14. Mendoza

Jun 29, 2007
    You might want to look at the Holy v Moorer 2 thread. There are some gem's. Moorer was coming off and injury and didn't look like he trained. Furthermore, he quit boxing for 3 years. After making any excuse you can for Holyfield himself, how about some for his opponents?

Vitali beats any versions of Holfyield the same as Bowe did. And the glassy chin Moorer did the first time. And Cooper might have had he landed another good one. All prime fights for Holy.

Thread link to Moorer vs Holyfield 2 is below. Read it.

[url]https://www.boxingforum24.com/threads/moorer-vs-holyfield-ii.652958/[/url]

15. mcvey

Jun 2, 2006
    Moorer just might have been Vitali's best win had they fought and he prevailed! Think about that for a moment!
    Read this!
    Holyfield was hospitalized after the fight. He was suffering from dehydration and a rotator-cuff injury. A kidney bruise was also discovered. He was given a large amount of liquids for the kidney problem, but his lungs filled because his heart was not able to pump the fluids out. He was then diagnosed as having a noncompliant left ventricle. Holyfield retired as a result.

Evander didn't quit, and he re-matched him!

Holyfield faced
    Stewart x2
    Tyson x2
    Lewis x2
    Bowe x3
    Moorerx2
    Ruiz x3
    Valuev
    Thomas
    Dokes
    Mercer
    Foreman