Vitali Klitschko vs Evander Holyfield

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by El Hans, Jun 4, 2019.

1. BCS8

BCS8 VIP Member Full Member

Aug 21, 2012
    Yep, I'm pretty sure the 6'7 250lb guy with 80%+ KO record wipes out blown up cruiserweight Holyfield. I must be biased, I guess :D

Balder likes this.
  2. THE BLADE 2

THE BLADE 2 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 14, 2009
    You sure are

swagdelfadeel likes this.
  3. swagdelfadeel

swagdelfadeel Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 30, 2014
    89 pages? This isn't a Rocky or Primo thread. What's going on?

4. MarkusFlorez99

MarkusFlorez99 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 13, 2021
    Prime Vs Prime ? 50/50. Id Pick Holyfield on Points i guess. Holyfield in his prime was a beast, but Klitschkos style would give him issues. Like i said I'd want Holyfield to win but its 50/50

Vitali gets too much respect for outboxing Lewis. Even im guilty of this. Vitali's performance was great and going blow for blow Vitali was giving (an over the hill but still elite level) Lewis problems. but from a boxing perspective what Vitali did wasn't that impressive. Lewis didn't really play the tippity toe boxing game with heavyweights around his height or taller
    (6'4-6'7). He FOUGHT them. He only tried to purely outbox short fighters

Watch the Golota, Grant, Akinwande, Briggs, Tucker, Biggs fights. He didn't expect Klitschko to be THAT skilled and awkward which is why he took him on a two weeks notice so when he fought out the hard way he stepped the foot on the gas and activated his seek and destroy mode in round 3 that he used against previous fighters and busted Vitalis face up

Last edited: Feb 22, 2021
  5. Mendoza

Mendoza Hrgovic = Next Heavyweight champion of the world. banned Full Member

Jun 29, 2007
    And I have a feeling Holyfield fans will make an excuse if they fought. The closest to Viali was Bowe and Lewis, and Holyoeld should be 1-4 here. Bert Cooper hurt him and floored him, Mike Moorrer out pointed him and cut him . James Toney, also old knocked him out.

Same old Blade.

BCS8 and ideafix12 like this.
  6. Kamikaze

Kamikaze Bye for now! banned Full Member

Oct 12, 2020
    Cooper was said to have been a harder puncher then Lennox and Tyson-

Toney F*** U likes this.
  7. Toney F*** U

Toney F*** U Boxing junkie Full Member

Oct 16, 2019
    He was. I’ve been watching a lot of cooper lately and that man had scary power. Easily up there with guys like Foreman, Shavers, and Wlad. That’s why I never criticize Holyfield for getting dropped. Plenty of other fighters would’ve been out cold taking a big shot they didn’t see coming from cooper.

Kamikaze likes this.
  8. BCS8

BCS8 VIP Member Full Member

Aug 21, 2012
    Bert Cooper had big power. He could have gone far but I think his will to fight seriously was extinguished in the Mercer fight. Talk about a WAR.

Toney F*** U and Kamikaze like this.
  9. Kamikaze

Kamikaze Bye for now! banned Full Member

Oct 12, 2020
    Well if Oliver is to believe he is one of the greatest punchers of all time depending how you rank Lennox,Tyson and Buster.

Toney F*** U likes this.
  10. Mendoza

Jun 29, 2007
    His record doesn't show, nor does the film back that up. Bert could hit and had an attaching style but not on Tyson's or Lewis power level for sure. He had Holy on ***** street.

Somali Sanil likes this.
  11. young griffo

young griffo Boxing Addict Full Member

May 18, 2006
    Yet neither Lewis or Tyson seriously hurt Holyfield at all.

Kamikaze and Toney F*** U like this.
  12. Mendoza

Jun 29, 2007
    I don't think Lewis committed to an attack often, he was mocked for a pawing jab and his cup guard yanked way too high to help with body attacks.

Tyson by the time Holy fought him was a left hook happy guy with limited stamina,

Did either man land their best? Nope. Its like saying David Tua, a huge puncher didn't hurt Lewis.

Somali Sanil likes this.
  13. Somali Sanil

Somali Sanil Wild Buffalo Man banned Full Member

Sep 1, 2019
    Agreed. Cooper could bang but you'll have a job convincing me a cruiser has bigger power than a lewis and Tyson

14. Mendoza

Jun 29, 2007
    Boxing is full of guys who weighed less than Cooper that can hit, and after you think about it, I think you'll agree.

Kamikaze likes this.
  15. djanders

djanders Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 21, 2009
    IMHO, the Holyfield of the second Bowe fight takes this by SD. If Holyfield shows up with the wrong style, or loses his head, then he could lose. Resume wise, it's Holyfield all the way. Styles *could* favor Klitschko. It really depends on how Holyfield decides to fight him.

Toney F*** U likes this.