Vitali Klitschko vs George Foreman

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by Bad_Intentions, Apr 23, 2009.

1. Bad_Intentions

Bad_Intentions Boxing Addict Full Member

May 15, 2007
    In their prime

Who wins and in which round?

2. spion

spion Active Member Full Member

Dec 6, 2004
    George in five-eight rounds.

3. COULDHAVEBEEN

COULDHAVEBEEN Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 10, 2007
    Reckon the first prediction's about on the money - I'll go Foreman in 7. Klitschtko would keep him away for a handful of rounds with his reach but eventually catch up with him and hit him with the wrecking balls.

4. dezbeast

dezbeast Active Member Full Member

Mar 1, 2009
    Foreman barely lasted against Lyle. That leads me to believe that big and tall hard punchers stood a chance against a young Foreman. I think Vitaly would stop Foreman in the early rounds.

Toney F*** U likes this.
  5. gregor

gregor Well-Known Member Full Member

Dec 3, 2005
    I think Vitali is overrated as puncher, so not much can be deduced from Lyle fight. IMO Foreman finally gets through VK defence and KO's him, with Vitali still leading on scorecards.

6. Mendoza

Mendoza Hrgovic = Next Heavyweight champion of the world. banned Full Member

Jun 29, 2007
    Foreman had trouble with good boxers in Ali and Young, and vs a good puncher in Lyle. In addition, his stamina and ring smarts were suspect in his prime.

Vitlai a good boxer, and a good puncher. He is faster than Foreman, much bigger, and has shown me enough of late to project as a late TKO round winner over Foreman.

Foreman is a big puncher, but he's not taking Vitali out with one or two big shots.

7. Chris Warren

Chris Warren Active Member Full Member

Apr 22, 2009
    Foreman barely lasted against Lyle. That leads me to believe that big and tall hard punchers stood a chance against a young Foreman. I think Vitaly would stop Foreman in the early rounds.

And Vitali quit against Chris Byrd so what is your point?

Foreman had trouble with good boxers in Ali and Young, and vs a good puncher in Lyle. In addition, his stamina and ring smarts were suspect in his pime.

Vitlai a good boxer, and a good puncher. He is faster than Foreman, much bigger, and has shown me enough of late to project as a late TKO round winner over Foreman.

Vitali is faster than a prime Foreman? Are you european or just plain silly? Vitali is a slow robotic, unskilled loser who fights 3rd tier fighters and still takes 10 rounds of punching to stop them. Foreman stated his career weighing 230, he lost weight because most fighers of that era did. After the Ali fight Foreman usually weighed 230 plus so Vitali isnt that much bigger than he was.

I never seen Vitali ice any half way decent fighter early and you know what he doesnt do that? Because he isnt that type of a puncher. Vitali is a punch you for 10 rounds ad then maybe the ref will stop it puncher. He would have nothing to keep a prime Foreman off him. Foreman would push pressure on him and Vitali just like Wlad can't deal with pressure and stop him in less than 5.

8. Mendoza

Mendoza Hrgovic = Next Heavyweight champion of the world. banned Full Member

Jun 29, 2007
    Chris Warren,

First off welcome to the board!

Vitlai has better hand and footspeed. Watch the tapes. Foreman was a puncher who could intimate the likes of Norton, or catch a move foward type of fighter with an average chin in Frazier, but he just does not match up well here.

Top boxers owned Foreman. The truth is Foreman looked like crap vs a stationary Ali. Foreman also looked bad vs Jimmy Young and Lyle. If you want to debate this, I'm game. Vitali is a good boxer. In fact he has the best rounds won to round lost ratio in the history of the heavyweight divison. Its true. No man has ever been up on the cards past round 3 i or taken more than 2 rounds in the eyes of all three judges in ANY of Vitali's pro boxing fights.

Foreman iced chinny fighters, the same way Vitali iced guys. Example: Herribe Hide. See my point? A better example of Vitali's power would be Kirk Johnson, who was never floored by another fighter and went out in two rounds. I think Johnson was half way decent as you put it.

The Byrd fight is irrevelant here, unless you think Foreman can win with a torn up shoulder vs a top rated heavyweight boxer type with a good chin and good defense. Again, top boxers owned Foreman. As it was Vitali was way ahead of a prime Chirs Byrd with one good arm.

Balder likes this.
  9. Ponysmallhorse

Ponysmallhorse Small but proud Full Member

Mar 4, 2009
    ****** of the month.

10. Holmes' Jab

Holmes' Jab Master Jabber Full Member

Nov 20, 2006
    Foreman, by mid-round stoppage.

11. punchy

punchy Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 10, 2005
    Foreman in 2-4 rounds, just can't see VK lasting.

12. PowerPuncher

PowerPuncher VIP Member Full Member

Jul 22, 2004
    Foreman was obviously a far better and bigger puncher, more athletic and relentless, Vitali's nearest opponent was 37yo overweight Lewis and this Lewis was too unathletic to land many shots, Foreman lands more. Vitali's hands down lean back style and poor technical skills would see his face get rained on by the punching beast that is Foreman. People underrated how accurate Foreman could be and he could also throw any punch from and range so he wasn't a 1trick pony. How much pressure he brought to the table, he could throw near 100punches a round at times and those are power punches not the weak arm punches that Vitali throws. Lewis didnt respect Vitalis punches and walked through them to land his own bigger punches, Foreman does the same but throws more and lands more

Vitali is nearest in style to Norton or Cooney if anything not Ali or Young.

Foreman KO5

13. JohnThomas1

JohnThomas1 VIP Member Full Member

Apr 27, 2005
    Foreman by KO for me.

14. curly

curly Fastest hands in the West Full Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Foreman KO5

Foreman will just unload a salvo of shots on big v im afraid

15. gregor

gregor Well-Known Member Full Member

Dec 3, 2005
    Chris, Foreman barely lasted against Lyle because they were just trading punches, and I doubt Vitali would've used the same strategy. Also, while VK chin is probably good enough to take ocassional shot from Foreman, I am not sure about body shots (Ali had to take some before Foreman punched himself out). Vitali was never tested here.

As to Foreman stamina, it wasn't that bad as one can think based on the fight with Ali. On the video you do not see that the fight was held at about ~100 F, and it definitely din't help Foreman. Another point about stamina is that Vitali stamina is not great either, so I doubt this is really the factor that would go in his favour.

And power... well, how many times have you seen Vitali flooring someone with good chin in opening rounds? I think once, if you count Kirk. On the other hand, I have seen Vitali (according to WBA, one of the best P4P punchers:patsch) had past prime Lewis hurt and couldn't finish him.

Dezbeast, no way Foreman is stopeed in early rounds, especially given Vitali cautious style (I mean, when he is fighting any dangerous opponent). Fat and out of shape Sam Peter lasted 8 rounds and was never down despite continous beating he took, why dou you think George would go down earlier?

The way I can see Vitali winning is if he keeps Foreman on distance from the beginning to the end.. well, possible, but I think unlikely.