Vitali Klitschko vs Joe Frazier

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by heatman, Jan 9, 2010.

1. ringsider

ringsider Active Member Full Member

Mar 11, 2009
    I am now convinced by your responses to this match up, that you Mr. Bill have either been drinking heavily today.....or worse yet you really are ******ed.:huh

2. kenmore

kenmore Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 29, 2008
    I pick Frazier for the same reasons that Heatman does. It would be a gruelling, tough fight. It would either go the distance with Frazier winning a clear cut decision, or Frazier winning by later round stoppage.

Vitali can take a big punch, so Frazier would not be able to blow him away. Vitali would also use his size, strength, and awkward ring tactics to ensure that Frazier didn't acquire too much of an advantage in the early in the middle rounds. Thus, Joe wouldn't be able to take complete control of this fight and blast his way to an easy stoppage.

Frazier would be pushed away often by the bigger, stronger, Vitali. Frazier would also miss many of his punches. Further, I see Vitali scoring frequently with awkward but effective punches from both hands, including the lobbing left hook, and the awkward, chopping overhand right.

Possibly Frazier would get hurt and take a trip to the canvas at some point.

But overall, the dominant pattern here would be Frazier relentlessly forcing his way inside and pounding Vitali's body. Frazier would not be denied. After about the sixth or seventh round, Vitali would be weakened somewhat, and Frazier would force his way inside more frequently. At that point, Frazier could begin connecting with mean, powerful left hooks to the head.

This fight is even for about six rounds. After that, Frazier assumes the upper hand, although Vitali continues to make matters tough for Joe.

A slowed down Vitali might be kayoed, or hurt beyond recovery, by Frazier's left hook sometime after the 10th round. If the fight doesn't end in a Frazier stoppage victory, Vitali would be holding and backing away contstantly in the final rounds in order to survive.

I envision both guys suffering lots of facial damage here. Frazier probably ends the fight with one of his eyes closed, and with his entire face puffy. Vitali would get cut pretty seriously.

Another possible ending is that Vitali loses because of a cut eye at any point (like the Lennox Lewis fight).

3. kenmore

kenmore Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 29, 2008
    I don't think the idea of Vitali beating Frazier is unreasonable. Maybe it would have happened. But I doubt it...see my post immediately above.

4. MRBILL

MRBILL Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Oct 9, 2008
    **** you and your horse.................:hi: I clearly see V.K. kickin' ass over Joseph Frazier all with ease, too......:thumbsup V.K. is the goods and a great for all-times sake.......... Very few melon-farmers' could beat V.K. on his best night......... **** off to all the detractors, as well...........:fire

MR.BILL:good

5. Delroc

Delroc Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 14, 2009
    horrible match up for frazier.

vitali tko8

6. PetethePrince

PetethePrince Slick & Redheaded Full Member

May 30, 2009
    Bill...

Tell them all how highly you rank Vitali as a heavyweight so you can give everyone a good laugh. Come on... :lol:

7. J.R.

J.R. No Mames Guey Full Member

May 26, 2008
    Vitali, and likely by KO. Joe is to ****ing small. There, I said it.

8. MRBILL

Oct 9, 2008

**** you too, *******.......:good Hey, I tried.....:yep But nobody is gonna convince me that Joe Frazier at 5' 11" tall and a solid 209 pounds is gonna chase V.K.'s ass outta the ring...... 'Tain't gonna happen, Mango....... Also, I am proud and quite sane to rank / rate Vitali Klitschko in at # 6 or # 7 in my ATG listings, etc....... Screw the record and the opponents......... V.K. has the skill / talent to hold his own with ANY heavy from 1887 to 2010...... Nobody just walks through V.K. in the ring......... NO!!
    :good:hi:

MR.BILL

9. PetethePrince

May 30, 2009
    :lol: I was waiting for that. It's okay Bill, we're all friends here. :lol:

By the way. Ali of 67 would embarrass VK. True story.

10. MRBILL

Oct 9, 2008
    I'll buy that........:deal

MR.BILL

11. PetethePrince

May 30, 2009
    :good At least we can agree on something when it comes to VK and a matchup.

12. Farmboxer

Farmboxer VIP Member Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    It would be no contest. Vitali by very vicious knockout!!!!!!!

I can see all the non-logic by such bias.

13. ringsider

ringsider Active Member Full Member

Mar 11, 2009
    You are an idiot, and Mr. Bill is now a certified ******. The only thing that gets embarrassed is the sport of boxing itself & Vitali when he steps into the ring. That he is the HW king is a testament to the abysmal shape of the HW division of boxing. He is nothing but a big stiff board waiting to be sawed in half......Joe Frazier would be just the guy to do it too.:good

14. Ripple633

Ripple633 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 2, 2009
    Fraizer by decision, despite Fraizer getting knocked out by Foreman, Vitali does not have that power, I think Fraizer beats him.

15. frankenfrank

frankenfrank Boxing Junkie Full Member

Aug 18, 2009
    the vote's outcum is a mere proof of the hatred for vitali and the biased stupidity in here.