Vitali Klitschko vs Kevin Johnson on dec.12th in Switzerland

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by cubex, Oct 5, 2009.

1. Phirsole

Phirsole Member Full Member

Sep 28, 2009
    Byrd has the "win" in his record, but in all reality, Vitali defeated himself in this fight. He tore his shoulder by punching too hard in the 2nd round. He fought with with a torn rotator cuff for seven rounds, and won all of them on the scorecards. Pleas don't tell me he was "beaten" by Byrd.

2. Antsu

Antsu Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 5, 2006
    He was beaten. You can’t quit in a boxing match and claim victory because you are leading in score cards. (which he didnt even know when he quitted)

Using same logic Mike Tyson wasn’t defeated by Kevin McBride, after all he was leading the fight when he just run out of gas and quitted.

3. Babality

Babality KTFO!!!!!!! Full Member

Dec 6, 2008
    Ridiculous the negativity towards this fight. He's taking on a top fighter, you think he's ****? Well the division is weak as a whole, it's not the Klits fault.

4. jaffay

jaffay New Orleans Hornets Full Member

Jun 24, 2007
    VITALIY - real champion taking all guys that out there

5. madballster

madballster VIP Member Full Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Better fight a mediocre/inexperienced contender than not fight at all. Who knows, maybe Johnson can surprise and make it competitive for a couple of rounds. Worst case scenario is that Vitali clubs him into submission within two one-sided rounds. Best case we see a good, entertaining fight for a couple of rounds!

6. DamonD

DamonD Boxing Junkie Full Member

Nov 19, 2004
    What? Is this for real?

What the hell has Johnson done to deserve a world title shot? I know he's ranked, and I attach zero criticism to Vitali for this. But if Johnson is really the #6 best heavyweight in the world based on his meagre achievements so far, God help us all.

And God help Johnson. If Seldon can outbox and shake him up, Vitali will moider da bum.

7. tolindoy

tolindoy UBESTRIDTE MESTER Full Member

Jan 22, 2009
    It doesnt matter who they put infront of vitali, he would still dominate them...the only fighter who could give vitali a fight is his brother, but i dont think that would happen..

8. Phirsole

Sep 28, 2009
    I do not say Vitali WON the fight.

I said "Byrd did not beat Vitali. Vitali defeated himself." Can you see the difference? Vitali lost the fight, 'cause he quit. But he did not quit vs. Byrd and the threat he posed, he quit vs. a carreer endangering injury. It is simply not Byrd's accomplishment - it would be, if he had wounded Vitali - as Lennox did.

Right now, only age/failing body or his own brother can defeat Vitali. And I even doubt the second.

9. Antsu

Mar 5, 2006
    Well I think it was Byrds unorthodox style that caused the injury.

Other fighters have claimed similar injurys when fighting against him, so it isnt only time that has hapened against Byrd.

10. socrates

socrates THE ORIGINAL... Full Member

Sep 30, 2008
    another punching bag for vitklit..

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnRyiksKGrw[/ame]

11. boxeo#1

boxeo#1 Boxer-Puncher banned

May 11, 2007
    I thought fat Solis was going to fight Kevin!!??

:patsch:-(

12. Phirsole

Sep 28, 2009
    I consider Byrd as one of the best boxers in the early 2000s. He was overshadowed by Lennox, and later the Klitschkos. But he was very fast and "unorthodox". I think, the fights vs. the Klitschkos are among the highlights of HW boxing of the first half of the decade.

I don't have official rankings of that time right now, but I guess he was ranked TOP5 in 2000-2006 most of the time.

13. Heavyrighthand

Heavyrighthand Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jan 29, 2005
    How can you criticize Vitali for picking the highest rated, undefeated contenders?

I thought that was what a respected titleholder was supposed to do.

And he's doing it, while he waits for the Haye Valuev winner to see if he can get that winner to grow some balls and fight him, (doubtful).

But in the meantime, Vitali is fighting the best he can find. Undefeated, highly ranked, and up and coming. What do you expect, Vitlai to fight Oleg or that never has been, Briggs, who'se not fought in years?

He's picking the best he can, considering the limited opponents out there at the moment.

14. Antsu

Mar 5, 2006
    Undefeated up an comer who hasnt face anyone in top-30.
    Hes best victory are former U.S olympic team captain Vargas and ancient Seldon, those victorys should not land Johnson a title shot.

15. paulinchen_

paulinchen_ Active Member Full Member

Aug 24, 2006
    Vitali quit against Byrd, Holyfield not.
    But this is not the question, the question is: why Vitali not sent Byrd to the canvas like Ikeabuchi did, Round 3 to 4. :bbb
    This content is protected