Vitali Klitschko vs Rocky Marciano

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by DannyL12345, Nov 8, 2010.

1. funny, because even the rocky fans know that vitali would have beat marciano.
    vitali klitschko would have ABSOLUTELY DESTROYED every rival of rocky, old louis included

2. Kalasinn

Kalasinn ♧ OG Kally ♤ Full Member

Dec 26, 2009
    :lol:

Would Voidtali "destroy" defensive geniuses Walcott & Charles, like he "destroyed" Kevin 'Safety-Pin' Johnson? :nut

3. tommygun711

tommygun711 The Future Full Member

Dec 26, 2009
    oh please...
    Vitali would have his hands full actually, the fact is that Vitali has faced ****ing terrible competition his whole career, so theres nothing to suggest that he would do such a thing
    And Charles? forget it. Charles would outbox Vitali

4. Bummy Davis

Bummy Davis Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Aug 26, 2004
    Very interesting battle. I think highly of the Klitschko's but I can not see Vitali surviving a rough, fast paced bout with the kind of Pressure Marciano can dish out. Vitali may take the lead but the relentless pressure takes its toll over the rds and Marciano does not let up.
    Marciano concentrates on the body inside, while Vitali has some trouble leaning and landing on the low crouched Marciano. Marciano spring ups with some power shots

Marciano wears Vitali down for a TKO in rd. 11

5. it does not demonstrate absolutely nothing, every fight is different. vitali always faced bigger and stronger guys than walcoot or charles, even lennox lewis 2003 would have beat charles or walcott, hands down,and vitali was winning on the cards against lewis. they never faced a guy even nearly lik evitali (a giant with skill, great chin, great hitting power, smart)you can talk what you want but the size is importat, end of the history. a good big man beat a good little man. and walcott or charles are not top 10 hw. foreman,ali,holmes,frazier,jonhson,louis,tyson,holyfield,lewis vitali,dempsey,liston,patterson,bowe ... would beat these guys any day of the week, many contenders like spoon, ron lyle,quarry, shavers,tonny tucker,jimmy young... would have chance of course.your arguement is poor and inconclusive:deal

6. :nono tommy in my opinion vitali would tko charles, these men(walcott or ezzard charles) are absolutely overrated, these men would have not been even hws today. these men were good(not great in my opinion), walcott had an original style, but the size is important , and it is a fact.

7. tommygun711

Dec 26, 2009
    I seriously doubt he would do it. Charles is just in a different class.
    Today, like you said in your thread about Foreman and Liston using weight and modern conditioning, I imagine they would be small heavyweights if they took advantage of these methods.

8. PetethePrince

PetethePrince Slick & Redheaded Full Member

May 30, 2009

:lol:

9. Seamus

Seamus Proud Kulak Full Member

Feb 11, 2005
    How many rounds did Johnson win? How many rounds has Vitali even lost in his entire career?

10. RUSKULL

RUSKULL VIP Member banned

Dec 17, 2004
    Vitali knocks Rocky down a couple of times enroute to a late TKO stoppage on cuts for Vitali.

11. RUSKULL

Dec 17, 2004
    So Vitali struggles to land while punching down but Marciano has no problem whatsoever landing his punches up to reach VK?

Yeah, okay with that scenario........................ :tired

12. RUSKULL

Dec 17, 2004
    Ezzard Charles would outbox Vitali? :roll: :rofl :lol:

13. tommygun711

Dec 26, 2009
    :yep

14. he grant

he grant Historian/Film Maker Full Member

Jul 15, 2008
    Rocky remains the most polarizing fighter on this Board ... always fun to listen to the more fanatical segment of his fan base ... a greatest hits that keeps on playing ...

15. Cael

Cael Claudia Cardinale Full Member

Sep 17, 2010
    Cmon lets be serious, i get nostalgic and nuthug old timers as much as the next guy ,but lets be realistic.
    VK has a good 8 inches over Rock and over 60lbs. in weight.
    Vitali is no bum, and he can take a punch too.

No matter how much heart Rocky had, Vitali will fight tall and smart and he will out-slug Marciano.

The Klits have the size, strenght, athleticism and skills to be top dogs in any other era.
    And they shouldn't get that much **** over the quality of their challengers; it's not their fault that they got stuck in this weak era.