Vitali Lewis exhibition fight?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by andrewa1, Jul 13, 2018.

Does this fight happen?

1. Yes

5 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. No

5 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. andrewa1

andrewa1 Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Apr 8, 2013
    Been away from the forum, so hopefully this isn't a duplicate. But what are the chances this happens? Looks like Vitali is up for it, and Lewis doesn't seem to have ruled it out.

It seems like the stakes for both are fairly dimished at this point; although I think it's clear Vitali has more to gain than Lewis. He might have more to lose to though; hed be more xpected to win. If he gets decked and kayod, that would hurt his legacy more than if the same happened to Lewis.

Obviously the fight won't mean remotely what it would have ten or 15 years ago for legacy, but it would still be a blast. And if Vitali won, it would finally give a K brother the ATG "name" win that has always eluded them.

Mods, please don't put this into the reprehensible trash heap that many Lewis Vit threads go, this is about the distinctive news that there may be a new fight, it shouldn't be lumped together with their old fight.

2. PernellSweetPea

PernellSweetPea Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 26, 2009
    I don't think this is a fight. It is an exhibition. These guys are not going to go at it for nothing..

3. anjawnaymiz

anjawnaymiz Can we get Ivan Dychko some momentum Full Member

Sep 6, 2008
    If this ‘exhibition’ does go ahead you know vitali will be putting some meat behind his punches

4. catchwtboxing

catchwtboxing Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 4, 2014
    It was revealed to be a fraud. Lewis didn't even know about it.

5. IKSAB

IKSAB Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Nov 29, 2014
    Lennox has his feet up relaxing somewhere near Montego Bay. Vitali is busy Mayoring Kiev. No way this happens.

blackbolt396 likes this.
  6. On The Money

On The Money Dangerous Journeyman Full Member

Apr 4, 2012
    Fury should step in as he likes making an exhibition of himself. Vitali will punish him severely.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2018
  7. Big Ukrainian

Big Ukrainian Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 10, 2007
    Lennox confirms his coming in Kyiv in September -
    This content is protected

8. Birmingham

Birmingham Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Jan 13, 2017
    Vitali's my boy, but I don't 100 % trust him with Lewis. I think it could get heated lol

9. Birmingham

Birmingham Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Jan 13, 2017
    So no exhibition ???

10. minemax

minemax Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 10, 2017
    This WBC convention is in Kiev and Vitali has been helping to organize it (as far as I understand he has some business interest in it, but maybe not, maybe he, as a boxing promoter as well, is just interested in keeping good relationships with the WBC). And with Lennox Lewis attending the event, I'm sure there will be some sort of an exhibition between them. As it seems now it will be rather a circus show, :smile: more like a funny photo session, I guess. It definitely will not be a fight, not even a real sparring...

IKSAB likes this.
  11. PernellSweetPea

PernellSweetPea Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 26, 2009
    maybe, but I never saw an exhibition turn out too brutal.. Although to be honest, I have not seen many exhibitions... I think they would be risky.. The idea is that it is not a fight. But if they get personal who knows. Could you imagine Hagler vs. Hearns in an exhibition now? To me it wouldn't work.