Vlad Klitschko vs the following

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by Bummy Davis, Dec 27, 2012.

1. Bummy Davis

Bummy Davis Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Aug 26, 2004
    Just a quick result of how you expect these to end, prime to prime, who wins and how

Holyfield
    Buster Douglas
    Tyson
    *Foreman-Old version

Razor Rudduck
    Witherspoon
    Holmes
    Bone-crusher Smith
    Pinklon Thomas
    Coetzee
    Greg Page
    Dokes
    Weaver

Ali
    Liston
    Norton
    Lyle
    *Foreman-Young version
    Jimmy Young

Walcott
    Charles
    Rex Layne 34-1-1 version

Schmeling
    Max Baer

Tunney
    Dempsey
    Johnson
    Jeffires
    Sullivan

2. lufcrazy

lufcrazy requiescat in pace Full Member

Sep 15, 2009
    Tyson, Ali, foreman, Louis, Frazier, Lewis, Holmes, Bowe I'd favour over him.

Everyone else I'd favour him over.

3. PhillyPhan69

PhillyPhan69 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Dec 20, 2006
    Holyfield -
    This content is protected

Buster Douglas -

Tyson-

*Foreman-Old version-

Razor Rudduck-

Witherspoon-

Holmes-

Bone-crusher Smith-

Pinklon Thomas-

Coetzee-

Greg Page-

Dokes-

Weaver-

Ali-

Liston-

Norton

Lyle-

*Foreman-Young version-

Jimmy Young-

Walcott-

Charles

Rex Layne 34-1-1 version-

Schmeling-

Max Baer-

Tunney

Dempsey

Johnson

Jeffires

Sullivan

4. dinovelvet

dinovelvet Antifanboi Full Member

Jul 21, 2012
    No Frazier? Fraizer blows him away like a plastic bag in a gust of wind.
    Prime Bowe , Tua, Rahman and Golota have a good odds to beat him.

5. Bummy Davis

Aug 26, 2004
    young version of Foreman means young not Jimmy Young version, sorry

6. janitor

janitor VIP Member Full Member

Feb 15, 2006

7. Bummy Davis

Aug 26, 2004
    Holyfield- Vlad UD 12
    Buster Douglas Vlad KO in 9
    Tyson Tyson early or Vlad KO in 8-10
    *Foreman-Old version Vlad bust up Foreman and RSC

Razor Rudduck....dangerous fight but Vlad Stops him
    Witherspoon...Vlad batters Tim for a stop
    Holmes....Holmes makes it gritty for a bit but the Vlad right hand and jab puts Larry on his butt for the win
    Bone-crusher Smith...Vlad bust him up
    Pinklon Thomas...Prime Thomas is a tough fight and a close decision UD Vlad
    Coetzee...Gerry could whack with the right hand enough to be a threat but Vlad has it over him in ability and defense...Vlad by TKO
    Greg Page Vlad by RSC
    Dokes Vlad should stop Dokes but some quick combo's trouble Vlad
    Weaver...Weaver is a dangerous puncher but slow...Vlad by KO

Ali...tough fight for both men, Ali's speed and mental toughness make this a chess match but Vlads Jab and right CROSS AND HOOKS MAKE THIS a close fight, watch Vlad with cuts and watch Vlads jab and power and size to make this a tough battle for Ali to win....Vlad by SD
    Liston...Vlad by UD or Liston retires
    Norton...Vlad backs Norton up with some right hands and shakes him, Norton comes in aggressive with roundhouse punches but Vlad power shake and finish Kenny Vlad by KO
    Lyle...Vlad by RSC
    *Foreman-Young version...Foreman could hurt and KO Vlad but prime Vlad can utilize the jab, movement and keep Foreman at bay with power rights and jabs until George gasses Vlad KO in 9-12
    Jimmy Young...Young makes this a tough fight with defense and sporadic flurries but Vlad the busier Vlad by close UD

Walcott...Walcott has the one punch sneaky power to put Vlad down and make him very confused but Vlad has size and power...dangerous fight until the end but Vlad also has KO power....I'm leaning towards a Vlad victory

Charles...Ezzard fights on the inside successfully but Vlad size and jab give him the edge...Vlad by UD

Rex Layne 34-1-1 version...Vlad by stoppage in 9-12

Schmeling...Tough battle of the minds..Leaning towards a Vlad stop but Schmeling a dangerous sneaky puncher...Vlad by TKO

Max Baer...Vlad could dominantly outpoint Baer or stop Max but Max has the power to make a difference.....Vlad takes the safe path to a UD

Tunney....Fast on his feet Gene loses a UD
    Dempsey Another dangerous fight for Vlad and Dempsey fast and furious, Vlad takes the safe path but shoots the right hand and hook looking for the KO carefully ...Vlad by UD

Johnson Vlad by stoppage in a boring ugly hug fest, Vlad does not stretch it out like Willard with some rapid jabs and right hand rockets but a lot of ugly hugging Vlad by KO in 9

Jeffires Vlad by UD
    Sullivan Vlad by KO

I think the guys that would trouble Vlad would be the durable high stamina guys who would be able to pressure Vlad or the one shot pin-point guys that could hurt him....I dont underestimate Vlad he has gotten off the floor to win but he has also gone down for good so I will not make him a God like has been the trend lately...the smaller men like Marciano, Frazier, Dempsey and Louis have a chance to pressure him make him fatigued and also have the one punch power to hurt anyone but is the size factor insurmountable? The fast speedy guys like Ali, Tunney and Walcott would keep Vlad moving forward and open to a counter and Walcott has a good chance with either hand but it is a catch 22 with Vladimir

8. prime

prime BOX! Writing Champion Full Member

Feb 27, 2006
    15 rounds.

Wlad is dangerous against good fighters and will normally dominate mediocre opposition, but he will implode against strong-minded fighters of similar overall ability and will be stopped by most of the élite.

I see his size getting him past Charles, Layne, Sullivan, Norton, Weaver, Dokes, Coetzee, Witherspoon, Ruddock and old Foreman.

9. Wlad is a total coward. Almost all these guys are not. Wlad would not win many. The HW division these days is garbage.

10. Webbiano

Webbiano Boxing Junkie Full Member

Nov 6, 2011
    Genuinely wrote out every answer for Vitali till I realised it was meant for Wlad :patsch

Holyfield - Holyfield late stoppage. wlad would struggle with the relentless pressure and heart of Holyfield late on after being slightly ahead on the cards
    Buster Douglas - Wlad by late stoppage. Douglas of the Tyson fight was a beast, however he had a rather helpful stylistic match-up in that fight and the shoes on the other foot in this one.
    Tyson - Tyson early KO. Wlad wouldn't be able to handle the speed and power of Tyson mixed in one.
    *Foreman-Old version - Wlad UD. Wide UD and old Foreman would probably be on the verge of being stopped near the end. wlad would be focused 100% of this fight knowing the dangers of Foreman's awesome raw power

Razor Rudduck - Wlad mid round stoppage. Ruddock has limited success after being stuck on the end of Wlad's jab for the whole of the fight. A left hook followed by a huge right would end proceedings in brutal fashion
    Witherspoon - Wlad late stoppage. Tim makes it awkward, but wouldn't quite have enough to get himself past the Wlad. Close on the cards, but the younger Klitschko brother gets the stoppage late on
    Holmes - Wlad UD. Arguably the only person that is better at doing what Wlad does (jab followed by the straight right) however Holmes gets over various when the jab doesn't work for him. I like Wlad in a close decision
    Bone-crusher Smith - Wlad via mid round stoppage. Beats the living **** out of him and that is all ya need to know.
    Pinklon Thomas - Wlad late stoppage.Pinklon's jab wouldn't be quite as good as Wlad's. While it lasts it's gonna be awkward but like the Witherspoon match-up, Wlad gets to him late on
    Coetzee - Wlad mid stoppage. catiously works his lead up while busting Coetzee up in the process. Takes him him out around about the 6th
    Greg Page - Wlad mid stoppage. Page was far too inconsistent against top contenders to even consider him a threat here
    Dokes - Wlad Ud. Wlad would be wary of Michael's power and stay on the outside and coast the UD.
    Weaver - Wlad beats the **** outa Weaver and stops him mid rounds

Ali - Ali UD. A snore fest is expected, but Ali's foot and head movement would have Wlad missing that big left jab all night. It would be close on the cards, however because it's Ali, he'd take it fairly comfortably (not that I feel he needs the judges help here)
    Liston - Liston by mid round KO. Battle of the jabs here. wlad may get the better of it, but Sonny's gonna land that big right hand and Wlad isn't going to be able to handle that power
    Norton - Wlad by early stoppage. That chin of Ken's is just too shaky against the elite power punchers I'm afraid. Wlad certainly falls in this category
    Lyle - a dangerous fight for Wlad. Not only could Lyle bang, but he could take a big punch to. I think Wlad would pull it off with a stoppage win, but he may taste the canvas here
    *Foreman-Young version - I honestly don't care about this one. Prime for prime Foreman would knock Wlad the **** out
    Jimmy Young - Jimmy could make this awkward, and I think he'd survive the distance, but he hasn't got the punch output or power to trouble Wlad. Competitive UD for Wlad

Walcott - Walcott via KO. The one punch power of Jersey Joe would land on Wlad at some point in this fight. He carried his power late and that is when it would be most likely to happen.
    Charles - Wlad by mid round stoppage. Charles could make it awkward, but I think he gets over powered here
    Rex Layne 34-1-1 version - Wlad via KO, to big for Rex I'm afraid.

Schmeling - I don't think Max could last more than 5 with someone that posses such power in both hands. kilt by KO
    Max Baer - Wlad coasts to an easy UD. He'd be far too wary of Max's power to think about the stoppage.

Tunney - Wlad keeps Tunney on the end of his jab for most of the night. Wide UD
    Dempsey - Jack has a chance to KO him early. If it goes past 4 I think Wlad takes Dempsey out late though.
    Johnson - depends how long this one is scheduled for. 20 or more I'd take Johnson via late KO and the same would go for Jeffries. If its a 12/15 rounder then I'll go for a Wlad UD in a snore fest. Against Jeffries he'd beat the **** out of him for 15 rounds, but I think Jim could last till the final bell
    Sullivan - Wlad by KO as it's the most sensible option, but honestly this fight could go either way

For the ones you missed:

Frazier - Frazier via KO. Wlad would struggle to hit Frazier and I think that left hook would connect before Wlad got Smokin Joe in trouble. early KO victory in brutal fashion
    Lewis - Lewis could fight on the inside and that's why I favour him here. A huge uppercut in the middle rounds ends proceedings, but Wlad could come close to stopping Lennox early on
    Bowe - like Lewis, the inside is crucial. There will be no easy hold for Wlad every time Riddick got past his jab and straight right. Bowe takes Wlad out late, hurting Wlad a few rounds before and making it scrappy
    Louis - I think Wlad could do this, but he'd have to be on the outside backing off for the whole fight. If he tries to box Louis in the centre of the ring, Joe's gonna get inside and unleash a right hand from hell .... I think we know how that would end

11. PhillyPhan69

Dec 20, 2006
    :lol: Read through the thread and you will see, that you made the same misunderstanding that I did!

Young Foreman....Not Jimmy Young Foreman! :lol:

12. PhillyPhan69

Dec 20, 2006
    Which ones would pan out differently for Vitali on your card????

13. Webbiano

Webbiano Boxing Junkie Full Member

Nov 6, 2011
    Haha yer, probably should of read a few replies first :lol:

Your honestly gonna make me redo this again!? :-(

The ones that I can pick out would be Holmes to win a razor close decision and Young to pull out a split decision making Vitali look foolish. It would have to be controversially close though as it is jimmy young. Walcott in a close UD rather than a KO over Wlad and my two wildcard picks would have been Spoon and Thomas by a close decision. I think at least one of them could have pulled it off against Vitali. Also to add Johnson may be able to frustrate Vitali as in terms of skill, Vitali is lacking compared to most ATGs at Heavyweight. But again with the older generations, it certainly becomes more guess work than anything

14. PhillyPhan69

Dec 20, 2006
    I was just curious if your responses would vary a great deal as many people treat them as if they are the same person....I am not really sure how it would impact mine....probably more in terms of stoppages and the sort than total outcomes...but I will save them for another thread...

Love the Walcott picks...not sure that I agree...but since Louis, Frazier and Walcott are my 3 favorite HWs I love it anyway!

15. hookfromhell

hookfromhell Well-Known Member Full Member

May 5, 2011
    Louis by KO after getting dropped twice.
    Jersey Joe KO I like that pick I think his style would confuse Wlad.
    Schmeling I have to see more of I know he had a perfect right hand
    Foreman 70s version KO2. Formidable jab, but too much power
    and agression for Wlad to handle.
    Ali UD, too quick and smart.
    Lyle could pull a round 1 upset, but Wlad UD.
    Young by SD, too crafty Wlad confused.
    Tyson KO 3. Too fast, too powerful. Tyson scores to the body onthe inside.
    Wlad has a rough first round gets dropped. However I also like Tyson by
    decision in a clinch fest.
    Holyfield by UD, too much will.
    Bowe KO 6, too strong on the inside. Battle of the jabs, with Wlad
    winning, but Bowe eats Wlads shots, Wlad cant handle Bowes uppercut
    and overhand right.
    Lewis by KO 2, another superheavy gets bombed out early.
    Buster Douglass of Tokyo by late stoppage, phenomenal left hand
    and combos.
    Liston by KO in 5. Wlad gets busted up and koed with a left hook.
    Holmes UD too tough better jab.
    Wlad KOs Rocky.
    I figure Wlad beats everyone else. Theyre are some sleepers though
    I mean has Wlad ever faced an elite jab ala Pinklon Thomas or Buster etc?
    Wlad is a beast, undeniable.