Vyacheslav Valeryevich Datsik vs. Kevin Blue Johnson

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by IntentionalButt, Mar 27, 2023.

"The Red-Haired Tarzan" or "Kingpin"?

Poll closed Mar 31, 2023.
  1. Datsik on points

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Datsik by stoppage

25.0%
  3. Draw

25.0%
  4. Johnson on points

12.5%
  5. Johnson by stoppage

37.5%
  1. IntentionalButt

IntentionalButt Guy wants to name his çock 'macho' that's ok by me Full Member

Nov 30, 2006
    Friday at the Dynamo Volleyball Arena in Moscow, airing live on the Ushatayka channel on YouTube internationally and on Ren TV in Russia. Eight rounds at heavyweight. :ggg

Both men are 43 years old (Datsik celebrating his birthday last month; his BoxRec page omits his DOB and still incorrectly lists him as 42). Datisk is a...ahem, colorful personality (outspoken and unabashed white supremacist ex-con) in Russian combat sports, a power-reliant crossover from kickboxing and MMA who fought many boxing "exhibitions" before officially turning pro last year. Johnson began his career two decades ago as a touted prospect seen as Ike Quartey's successor to "p4p best jab in the game" and s a one time world title challenger (2009, losing a UD to Vitali Klitschko) and longtime contender but has been absent from top 15 rankings for several years now.

KJ was originally scheduled to be Aydin Yıldırım's sophomore professional opponent that day, but this fight seems to have preempted that one. BoxRec is slow to update.

2. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Every once in a blue moon since devolving into a journeyman, the normally staid and placid-to-a-fault and power-punch-reticent KJ does surprise us and spring an upset KO - as in 2013 versus Solomon Haumono, 2017 versus Francesco Pianeta, and 2020 versus Yoan Pablo Hernández Suárez. So there's a glimmer of hope we get to see this literal Neo-Nazi thug get slept. :deal:

catchwtboxing likes this.
  3. The G-Man

The G-Man Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 24, 2020
    I’m surprised Datsik is still alive.

I believe this guy beat Arlovski about 100 years ago.

TMLT87 likes this.
  4. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    It'll have been 24 years - just one shy of a quarter century - in a fortnight. Both men's pro MMA debut. That's why Arlovski already carried the whispers of having a glass jaw into his UFC tenure.

5. catchwtboxing

catchwtboxing Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 4, 2014
    Go KJ!

He's really grown on me over the years and is one of those Chisora-Cooper-Red Lowery types who isn't good enough to win the gold, but sure separates the men from the boys.

Hope he resurrects himself here to take care to this apparent Russian white supremacist.

By the way, it is always worth remembering some good guys Johnson beat...

Bruce Seldon
    Yoan Pablo Herandez
    Francesco Pianeta
    Albert Sosnowski
    Alex Leapai
    Solomon Huamano
    Robert Hawkins
    Devin Vargas
    Demetrice King

That is not a bad career!

Last edited: Mar 27, 2023
    IntentionalButt likes this.
  6. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    He is on a mission outside the ring, too, apparently telling interviewers he is determined to bring home a Russian bride. Last time he was there (for a UD loss to Shigabudin Aliev in 2019) he and his buddies tried in vain to find him a wife to no avail, so he wants redemption. :lol:

catchwtboxing likes this.
  7. catchwtboxing

catchwtboxing Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 4, 2014
    Good luck in that, too!

IntentionalButt likes this.
  8. vast

vast Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Nov 27, 2010
    Surprised Johnson is still fighting.

9. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
  10. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
  11. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Tim Boxeo's schedule on Stanza has this blocked out from 2-7pm EST, and the undercard may well start that early on YouTube but no way is the card extending that late. 7pm EST is 2am local time in Moscow; the main event will be long over by then.

Ren TV has a timeslot of 1600-1740 (4-5:40pm) EST:
    https://ren.tv/tv-program#current-program-5

I'd expect Datsik and Johnson in the ring by 5 our time (midnight in Moscow).

12. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Weigh-in should be live around this same time on Ushatayka tomorrow, I would imagine.

13. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    @UnleashtheFURY

edit: ah, you're still...indisposed. Don't suppose your debt to society'll be paid by Friday?

14. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Suppose it's even more pointless tagging @moparfan at this point? :sisi1

15. senpai

senpai Boxing Addict Full Member

May 18, 2021
    Why Povetkin was at the press conference ?

I hope he can fight again, even for 6 rounds.