wake up and smell the coffee Joe

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by billy nelson, May 26, 2013.

1. billy nelson

billy nelson the fighting scots gym Full Member

Jan 9, 2009
    All fighters have flaws but his fighter has so many more than Ricky hence Ricky's a world champion

2. Solaris

Solaris Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Nov 7, 2009
    We'll see if he's still a world champion when he faces another world champion...

Was schooled by Gonzalez as you well know.

3. HairyHighlander

HairyHighlander BASS !! HOWLOWCANUGO ?? Full Member

Nov 4, 2007

Its a Manc paper reporting on a Manc fighter.......what ya expect ?

The only time they got there quotations right regarding there grammar (and mine is far from passable) was the last sentence/quote (could be wrong)

If Joe G had been quoted as saying......

"I wouldn't of been on an internet forum arguing with traffic days and hours away from my fighter taking on a complete unknown quantity that seems to have been avoided, more so as he held the Latino equivalent for nearly two years"

Then yeah I woulda been a bit pissed.......but he wasn't.

Just reading the link and where they seem to highlight and end his quotes just confirms ma first post on this subject.

Regardless..........**** thread.

4. girv

girv Gatekeeper Full Member

Mar 6, 2007
    Arthur was absolutely dead at the weight that night. I'm sure you know this Billy. He looked horrific at the weigh in.

5. SkillspayBills

SkillspayBills Mandanda Running E-Pen Full Member

Oct 3, 2011
    I think it's great you post here Billy, You're achievements with Ricky are a credit to you guys but i have to be honest i cannot believe you come onto a forum to post a thread like this how about contacting Joe himself?.

Or replying back in a Article?. Or be the better man and leave him to it. You know Ricky's worth and feel he will win. Why rise to the bait?.

6. Broony

Broony Active Member Full Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Everyone knows Ricky would beat Crolla but like the guys are saying what is JG supposed to say? I think because Ricky is the only big success from your camp you come across as that insecure ugly guy who has scored a chick way out his league. You're a great trainer and some of the best jabs in the country are/were made in your gym, relax and enjoy your success a bit more rather than worrying what everyone thinks.

7. billy nelson

Jan 9, 2009
    One thing I'm not Broony is insecure if I stopped training boxers today I'd be over the moon with what I've achieved.
    joes having a direct dig at burns when he'd be better getting his own house in order,I was very suprise I must admit with his comments because the stable that he's got there are some great fighters in it but nobody has went beyond euro level, which begs the question is there FLAWS in his gym

8. Alexandra park

Alexandra park Active Member Full Member

Feb 10, 2012
    Oh jesus..... Now its personal

9. DON1

DON1 ICEMAN Full Member

Apr 6, 2006
    Crolla is quite a few levels below Burns. Burns would smash him. I mean no disrespect to Matthews but Crolla can't even deal with him. Depends what Rees has left in the tank after the Broner beating but if he has anything left he will deal with Crolla. Gallagher seems to think his fighters are unstoppable. They all end up getting exposed when they step up the level of opposition.

10. AilsaBound

AilsaBound Member Full Member

Apr 3, 2013
    It's talk like this which is convincing me more and more with each passing day that we'll not be seeing Burns against a big name this year, instead seeing him up against the likes of a Rees/Crolla/Murray. I really hope he gets the chance at a unification, or big division name, but I just can't see it.

For the record I'm not totally against a big domestic fight; as long as the other (he's got September and December pencilled in for Scottish dates apparently) 2013 fight was against a Broner / Vasquez / Abril / Gamboa type, there's others that could be included in this list as well, of course.

I think Ricky's more than served his time and needs these big fights for his legacy while he's at his peak. I love to see fighters - especially Brits - step up to the mix and vie for the position as their divisions best.

If he gets beat in them, Hearn could always get him to fight a trilogy against Harrison and sell out arenas regardless...:hey

11. billy nelson

Jan 9, 2009
    I totally agree with this,Gavin Rees has only took one beating in his career hardly a case to ask if he's anything left,Gavin and Anthony are top guys and will give there all but the better fighter is Gavin his record speaks for itself

12. FMJ

FMJ Member Full Member

Jul 30, 2011
    RANJIT you need to read my quote it states I believe Ricky Burns is the best boxer in Briton imo and I am not saying the best warrior . now the reason is he supposed to have flaws so imo he is head and shoulders above crolla or even ree,s as a boxers but when its a war Ricky will be as good as crolla or ree,s because he has a great will to win

13. sikeside

sikeside Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 5, 2010
    Right billy, fuk the vegas plan lets go tae Manchester hahahahahahahaahahahahaha
    like corolla hope he does well for himself, agree he aint improved as we thought he could have, disappointed me a wee bit corolla so far that maybe harsh?

14. rossco666

rossco666 Guest

Burns would have Corolla stopped on his feet inside 6 rounds. Total mismatch.
    Burns has a lot of questions to answer at elite level, **** these domestic dust ups, its obvious Burns will beat them all. I want Vasquez next, its a very tough fight for Burns, especially after his showing against Gonzalez, but i feel the Gonzalez fight will have prepared Burns better for fighting guys like Vasquez.

15. Arnie

Arnie Well-Known Member Full Member

Mar 17, 2008
    One thing I'm not Broony is insecure if I stopped training boxers today I'd be over the moon with what I've achieved.
    joes having a direct dig at burns when he'd be better getting his own house in order,I was very suprise I must admit with his comments because the stable that he's got there are some great fighters in it but nobody has went beyond euro level, which begs the question is there FLAWS in his gym.

Your a nice guy Bill but it does annoy me when trainers/coaches say what (I've) achived. Trainers don't achieve they help the Fighter achieve.