War of Words: Tyson Fury vs. Muhammad Ali

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by Vince Voltage, Feb 1, 2019.

1. escudo

escudo Boxing Addict Full Member

May 13, 2014
    They were killing his countrymen because Lyndon Johnson was an absolute snake of a human being. We should not have been there, and JFK was planning to pull out before that plan ended up all over the back seat of a Caddy in Dallas. He like many others in his generation would rather struggle for their own equality rather than go needlessly die for a lost cause in a country for people who didn't really want us there, when they were still being discriminated against at home. We lost that war anyway and the world did not fall to communism.

Shisha likes this.
  2. Shisha

Shisha New Member Full Member

Mar 23, 2019
    You ain’t **** u big ole dummy

3. George Crowcroft

George Crowcroft Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Ali wins the war for words and the one sided beatdown in the ring.

Ali vs Chisora, that would be a helluva presser.

4. reznick

reznick In the 7.2% Full Member

Mar 17, 2010
    Ali had ‘change the world’ wit and charisma.
    Fury has boxing entertainment wit and charisma.

There’s levels.

Ali could be with presidents, talk show hosts, huge crowds, famous actors, etc, and he would absolutely own the room. The janitor, world leaders, and everyone in between would be absolutely enamored by him.

Ali’s trash talk and wit are still a large part of modern mainstream culture. Do you think Fury will have that same lasting impact in the year 2075? Almost certainly not, and there’s a good reason.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2019
  5. christpuncher

christpuncher Active Member banned Full Member

Jul 31, 2019
    Ali wouldn't have been in the front line if he had gone to vietnam, he would have been fighting exhibitions and doing shows to keep morale up during the war IF he had been willing to play along. His future and career was more at stake by objecting so it wasn't an act of cowardice.

6. HOUDINI

HOUDINI Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 18, 2012
    Issue with Fury is his accent is so strong you can’t make out half of what he says once he gets going. Ali of course spoke eloquently and clearly perfect American English.

7. GoldenHulk

GoldenHulk Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 7, 2007
    This is a bit off the subject but if I really wanted to see a heated press conference/war of words it would be Duran vs Mayorga, that would be a classic.

George Crowcroft likes this.
  8. Flash24

Flash24 Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 22, 2015
    And your wrong. History proves this if you care to actually read.

swagdelfadeel likes this.
  9. George Crowcroft

George Crowcroft Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 3, 2019
    It's really not that strong, there's people from where's he's from who spray when they talk and are almost impossible to understand.
    American English <<<<< Mancunian

10. BCS8

BCS8 VIP Member Full Member

Aug 21, 2012
    Fury is certifiable and I can't see Ali getting under his skin. Wilder tried his best and Fury ran mental rings around him. Ali would do his best work in the ring.

11. christpuncher

christpuncher Active Member banned Full Member

Jul 31, 2019
    fury isn't hard to understand at all if you're english... And Duran v Mayorga would be good I'd like to see the fight too

George Crowcroft likes this.
  12. blackfella96

blackfella96 Active Member Full Member

Jul 10, 2019
    Ali's talk game way better then Fury's, he said that with so much confidence and knew how to get under the skin of fighters. I love Fury's chat though, the stuff with Cunningham was brilliant, as was his talk with Wilder, he was winding them up so good. But Ali's was something else, More memorable in my opinion. Fury's stuff doesn't get quoted enough, where as Wilder's 'To This Day'! gets quoted regularly.

13. JackSilver

JackSilver Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 24, 2017
    you saying the English can’t talk and speak clear English? Lol.

may they should learn American English, huh Perry?

14. HOUDINI

HOUDINI Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 18, 2012
    No I am saying Fury in a head to head verbal battle with Ali would lose as 90% of the population would only fully understand Ali.