Ward still lost to Kovalev the first fight

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Tyson379, Aug 12, 2018.

1. TheyDontBoxNoMore7

TheyDontBoxNoMore7 Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Nov 2, 2016
    You guys don’t know how to analyze or break down a fight. If you gave Kov 8 rounds easy. List them. I will utterly destroy and your pick apart you’re bs scorecard.

Ward took mostly all of Kovalevs arsenal. Kov rarely threw anything but a jab after round 2. Ward had a more varied punch selection and ended up landing more jabs than Kov by the end of the fight.

Kovalev was also severely gassed and even said for an excuse “he overtrained running 15 miles a day”.

Round 10 was the only round you could’ve gave Kov in the back six. You Alex Jones fans need to stop with your stupid conspiracy rants every fight.

Everyone knew Ward was going to win the rematch as well because of how he seized momentum in the first fight. We understand you hate Ward but try to watch the fight without your ***** bleeding and put your raging hormonal emotions to the side.

@Michael, Rumsfeld and Pimp C like this.
  2. titanic

titanic Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 7, 2016
    Some butts still hurting? :ohno Can't seem to move on ?:hang

3. Babality

Babality KTFO!!!!!!! Full Member

Dec 6, 2008
    There’s no argument for Ward winning the first fight. Kov got robbed. Ward did not win more than 5 rounds.

Perkin Warbeck likes this.
  4. Jackomano

Jackomano Boxing Junkie Full Member

Nov 22, 2014
    This. Kovalev started strong, but had no answers for Ward's body shots and he also started coasting after the knockdown. It was a close fight, but Ward in my opinion edged the championship rounds.

If Kovalev had any kind of adaptability he could've won the fight, but he didn't. Also, the fact that Kovalev kept getting hit with the same bodyshots over and over most likely had a major impact on the judges.

Pimp C and IKSAB like this.
  5. HerolGee

HerolGee VIP Member banned Full Member

Sep 22, 2010
    no, ward won it, its conclusive. He had worked out kov.

You diehard fans want Kov in hospital, goodness. Whats wrong with you, you arent proper fans.

Both these two matches are controversial to you, and none of KOvs other fights, simply because you are a too much of a diehard fan.

Pimp C likes this.
  6. iii

iii Boxing Addict Full Member

May 3, 2016
    Absolutely spot on...no question at all!!

7. lepinthehood

lepinthehood When I'm drinking you leave me well alone banned Full Member

Aug 27, 2011
    Ward came back strong and still lost rounds in the 2nd half, if he probably won 1 out the first 6 and kovalev scored a KD. kova won round 9 or 10 and 12 i think.

8. lepinthehood

lepinthehood When I'm drinking you leave me well alone banned Full Member

Aug 27, 2011
    shut your ass and give your mouth a chance you joker.

Wasteman likes this.
  9. IKSAB

IKSAB Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Nov 29, 2014
    Son of Ward got his ass beaten, knocked out and his soul snatched. I'm amazed some fanboys are still having trouble processing this. Denial is a scary thing.

Pimp C and TheyDontBoxNoMore7 like this.
  10. GlaukosTheHammer

GlaukosTheHammer Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 7, 2017
  11. Braindamage

Braindamage Baby Face Beast Full Member

Oct 1, 2011
    You dummies still crying about that fight? LOL I remember when you fools were saying Ward would never fight Kovalev. You got that wrong. Then remember when you fools said Kov would end Ward's career? You got that wrong! Remember when you sack suckers said Ward would never have a rematch? You Kovalovers got that wrong! Remember when you guys said that if Ward went dirty in the rematch that Kov would go dirty and hurt Ward reeeeeeeeeeeeal bad? Wrong again! If this were a test, you jackass, cry babies would get an F!

As far as the first fight is concerned, I agree, Kov took it but, no way was Ward getting the decision a huge unjust, robbery that you Ward haters keep crying about. Ward was a damn good fighter, rough, gritty and smart. He took Kov out of his game plan. He survived a knock down to come back and win against one of the best finishers in the game. In the second fight, Ward sapped all Kov's energy and will by working Kov's body. Kov looking to the ref for santuary. LOL I wish I could have been watching the fight with one of you dummies so I could see your reaction. I get so much joy from all the continuious crying the fights have produced. Serves you over the top haters right! Keep on crying, as long as you cry, you will have someone laughing at you! LOL

12. travolt

travolt Trolling the trolls Full Member

Aug 1, 2011
    Kovalev won the first fight, and the manner Ward fought in the second only reinforces the notion it was indeed a planned robbery.

But the fact remains Kovalev let himself be robbed on that night: he could have pressed his advantage in the second and third as Ward was ready to be taken out.

He was fighting an undefeated titlist on his home-turf, while being the foreigner.

He chose instead to stay on the outside and leave it in the hands of the judges.

Perkin Warbeck likes this.
  13. Lazar

Lazar Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 3, 2016
    Of course it was a robbery. Did you all see Ward’s reaction when he won? He didn’t believe it himself lol

travolt and Perkin Warbeck like this.
  14. HerolGee

HerolGee VIP Member banned Full Member

Sep 22, 2010
    tht because it was very close, noone could outright believe they'd won a fight so close without being fake.

15. OvidsExile

OvidsExile At a minimum, a huckleberry over your persimmon. Full Member

Aug 28, 2012
    I know that Ring rated Ward p4p #1 for a time, but did anyone else? Did the boxing writers association or any British outfits dissent from that opinion? Ring's lost a lot of it's credibility in recent years, but it's still the only p4p rater that you hear about regularly. Boxrec can't be counted on. Maybe, ESPN? What did the British magazine's Boxing Monthly and Boxing News have to say about it?