Wardley Clarke predictions

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by jbull, Mar 26, 2024.

1. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 30, 2017
    Finding this hard to call simply as I don’t know how good Clarke is. He can’t be as bad as he’s looked during his pro career and put it down to him fighting at a level much lower than he did as an amateur. Genuinely like Fab (who’s added to his game under Ben Davidson) and hope he comes through another tough match up. Going to enjoy this one.

Wizbit1013 and Beale like this.
  2. Bob Flaps

Bob Flaps Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 30, 2019
    I kind of want Wardley to win as he's the more interesting fighter, but fear Clarke might cause and win a stinker. Love a good domestic scrap though.

3. Throwback

Throwback "Somebody wake up Hicks" Full Member

Jul 11, 2020
    Odd fight to pick this. Fraser hasn't exactly looked amazing as a 'pro , and Wardley has a few strange looking "wins"........

British title fights are almost always great though, and this is one of the most intriguing fights in a while, we'll find out who's for real..........

4. KingKO

KingKO El Terrible Full Member

Feb 2, 2019
    Both are wank.

5. Guru88

Guru88 Active Member Full Member

Sep 6, 2020
    Wardley stops him late, Clarke can’t go 12 at a decent pace

Tankatron and liger1992 like this.
  6. ZiggyBowie

ZiggyBowie Member Full Member

Sep 17, 2022
    How do we know Wardley can though? He has never gone beyond 7 rounds before.

7. ZiggyBowie

Sep 17, 2022
    Unfair to label an Olympic medalist and a British and commonwealth champion as ‘wank’
    Nobody on here is suggesting they are world class.
    What exactly are you basing your comment on ?

Tankatron and Wizbit1013 like this.
  8. Bob Flaps

Mar 30, 2019
    Suspect this is one of those fights the casuals can get into, but some purists think is substandard. It’s at a particular level and is what it is, I’m looking forward to it!

Beale likes this.
  9. Beale

Beale Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 13, 2023
    About the same level as Chisora v Whyte 1 and 2.

Decent evenly matched British level heavyweight fight as was the above 2 fights.

Bob Flaps likes this.
  10. KingKO

KingKO El Terrible Full Member

Feb 2, 2019
    That they are both wank? Thought that was obvious.

11. Bob Flaps

Mar 30, 2019
    It's all relative though. Babic and Drago are on the same card and the main event is levels above that. Not so long ago people were touting Babic for a run at the British until his holiday in Poland.

Wizbit1013 likes this.
  12. ZiggyBowie

Sep 17, 2022
    So you haven’t actually answered the question. I asked you what are you basing it on. One is an 8-0 former Olympic medalist and one is a 17-0 British and Commonwealth champion.
    Why are they both ‘wank’ as you put it.
    I mean neither are world level but in the case of Wardley, he has proven himself to be a good domestic level fighter and if he wins tomorrow, I’m sure he would be wanting to step up to European level.

Tankatron and Bob Flaps like this.
  13. Bob Flaps

Mar 30, 2019
    It's an interesting contrast. Wardley seems to be a good businessman who might be as likely to work as a pundit as a fighter in future years. He's making the best of his career without tying himself down too much, and it's worked so far. You could see him recovering quick enough if he doesn't win.

Clarke is a high level amateur whose Olympic run kind of gave him a free hit in the pro ranks and this is the kind of fight that could end it; given the levels he's fought at so far, it'd be a long way back if he loses. He needs to progress quickly while he's still got some relevance left on Sky.

50-50 though.

14. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    Thought this was tonight, was just getting settled ready to watch.

Bob Flaps likes this.
  15. ash234

ash234 Active Member Full Member

Dec 17, 2023
    Someone’s nicked the ring for tomorrow night :lol: