Wards stock keeps rising

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by madballster, Aug 24, 2019.

1. madballster

madballster VIP Member Full Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Ward beat Kovalev from post to pillar not once but twice and his record just got a solid boost.

2. pepsiclassic

pepsiclassic Active Member Full Member

Aug 7, 2019
    because Kovalev looked like **** vs yarde and shot? that raises Wards stock how exactly?

and lol @ pilar to post ward vs Kovalev I was as close as the quebec seperation vote that just didnt go through.

gdm likes this.
  3. Liquorice

Liquorice Boxing Addict banned Full Member

May 13, 2018
    That isn't true.. Ward clearly lost that first fight (not even FMJ thought he won it..) Kovalev got screwed by the system & then went off the rails somewhat.. & even the second fight was narrow up until the stoppage .. note the fight was happening amidst the backdrop of a relationship breakdown with his trainer JDJ too.. Kovalev has publicly stated that by that time he was basically training himself & Jackson was offering little more than working on the mitts apparently.. boxing is as much mental as it is physical.. look at the first Alvarez fight.. that is another example of Kovalev being in a bad place.. yet he turned it around! You're not necessarily the same fighter from one fight to the next.. context is key.. I don't have a problem with the second fight but if he hadn't of been shafted first time round he may have been in a different place mentally for the second.. the guy started from nothing in the US, worked his way up, only for it to pull the rug out from under his feet at the pivotal moment.. same with GGG.. but if you want to believe that **** u wrote then u go ahead dopey

4. Heavy_Hitter

Heavy_Hitter Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 7, 2018
    Ward who? The guy who punched Sergey Kovalev in the balls and had to retire after that fiasco?

ShovelHook, 3rdegree and Liquorice like this.
  5. chacal

chacal F*** the new normal Full Member

Jun 21, 2015
    Let's see... let me check...

oh, no, the records say that Ward won both fights.

Im so sick of people making up their own reality. Saying that Ward lost the first fight IS TO LIE.

6. lobk

lobk Original ESB Member Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    From beating Yarde? LMAO??

Gneus7 likes this.
  7. lepinthehood

lepinthehood When I'm drinking you leave me well alone Full Member

Aug 27, 2011
    Only brain dead people deny hometown decisions.

ShovelHook, BCS8, Payback87 and 4 others like this.
  8. lepinthehood

Aug 27, 2011
    What a sad little freak you are madballster.

9. chacal

Jun 21, 2015
    Then you say, "I think that that was a hometown decision". Not "ward lost the first fight".

Im fed up of people thinking that they are the best and that they are entitled to deny reality, to make up a new reality, or to force others to do/believe as they say. I cannot stand it anymore.

Who won the first fight? ward won the first fight. That's the reality. The rest is your personal opinion.

10. mirkofilipovic

mirkofilipovic ESB Management Full Member

Jan 7, 2014
    Yup. Even history books speak of robberies and hometown decisions, today with online sources and connected media available to everyone, all know about it and can see it.

11. Babality

Babality KTFO!!!!!!! Full Member

Dec 6, 2008
    Ward used Kov's balls as a speed bag.

12. Liquorice

Liquorice Boxing Addict banned Full Member

May 13, 2018
    Ye the record said Joyce won too but it didn't stop u recently did it?!:

Are u sick of yourself?

ShovelHook and Boxcel like this.
  13. chacal

Jun 21, 2015
    Did you say it was a robbery? no, you didnt, you said, "ward lost". I'm sick of people like you, basically. The same kind of idiot who say that mayweather has not a perfect record, or people who say that canelo lost the second fight. People that just have such a high notion of themselves that they feel entitled to change reality.

14. lepinthehood

Aug 27, 2011
    Ward never proved he was the better fighter, he never beat the champion but got the belts. Ward will be considered an ATG, Kovalev a hofer, big difference, had Kovalev got the W on record, history would look back on him more fondly. The fact now is Kovalev is still winning fights against decent opposition past prime. He will probably fight Canelo the cash King top p4p fightrt or the winner of Beterbiev vs gvozdyk, two legit beasts and with half the wear and tear. Ward wouldn't want anything to do with those two.

15. mirkofilipovic

mirkofilipovic ESB Management Full Member

Jan 7, 2014
    When Kovalev’s career is over he will be remembered as an ATG when you take in to account the controversial two matches he had with Ward.

ShovelHook and gdm like this.