Warren Not Paying Fighters again

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Trafford, Feb 9, 2020.

1. iestyn999

iestyn999 Member Full Member

Nov 15, 2015
    that why mtk should be the rival to matchroom. The fighters never complain about being with mtk. They have a big talent pool as well, even if they couldn't use the fighters on the other networks. Another thing about warren. who imo cards are underated and have had some really good fights but he is a twat, a few fighters rarely get fights especially his northern fighters.

2. Dragon Punch

Dragon Punch Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 15, 2012
    Thats true, but he may also have got beaten if he was matched harder..which is kind of my point. Frank has helped Yarde secure his future which at the end of the day is the name of the game.

If Yarde was your son or you was advising him and you were shopping around for Promoters and one (Frank) says, I can use my connections to get you a title shot for 7+ figures after about 15 fights against moderate opposition, I don’t think many of us wouldn’t sign on the dotted line at the first opportunity.

3. Dragon Punch

Sep 15, 2012
    Complete garbage. Dubois is a millionaire, Yarde is a millionaire. I have never heard a negative comment about money or bad treatment out of Liam Williams, Warrington, Frampton, Zelfa Barrett, Archie Sharp etc all of which Hearn/Sky would love to have on their roster.

Accurate, Clarkey and CutThroatFade like this.
  4. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    If Warren hasn't paid Galahad the full purse he was contracted to receive then obviously it is wrong. But I don't think I'll believe that from a two-second quip of Eddie ****ing Hearn. Needs two sides of the story.

hitandhope, channy, Inglis_1 and 2 others like this.
  5. KermitTheFrog

KermitTheFrog The people doing the banning are idiots Full Member

Sep 5, 2012
    1) He’s not promoting it.
    2) Tyson v Lewis was waaaay bigger.

Dragon Punch likes this.
  6. Bridie mcmahon

Bridie mcmahon Active Member banned Full Member

Sep 10, 2015
    yarde didn't earn the right for a title shot it was bought/manufactured no doubt at the expense of others more deserving.Why as boxing fans should we be happy that yarde is a millionaire without having beaten anyone in the top 40 in his divison while someone more deserving like jack catterall has been waiting nigh on 2 years as a mandatory and is most likely no where close to being a millionaire...Are you frank warren's spin doctor seriously?

7. FP 2.0

FP 2.0 Member Full Member

Aug 12, 2019
    Depends what the other promoters could offer. Seems like very short term thinking if you ask me. I know it can be a short career, but he looked exhausted and could have gotten badly hurt due to his inexperience.

8. Dragon Punch

Sep 15, 2012
    The hole premise of my comments was responding to a post by somebody saying that they don’t know why a young fighter would sign with Warren. I have simply explained why from Yarde’s perspective signing for him has been extremley successful. I’m not talking about us as fans, that’s a completely different topic.

Who knows what’s happening with Catterall. He’s not exactly making any noise about his situation. He is managed by MTK so for all we know, they might be delaying the title shot. He’s very inactive and not exactly amexciting fighter either. He probably would have got the shot against Hooker on DAZN but obviously he lost to Ramirez after the WBO granted the unification fight. Now Arums got the belt and he is lining him up for an in-house major fight with Taylor....that’s just politics and a similar situation to Dillian with the WBC.

No I’m not Franks spokesman, I’m just objective. When it’s time to bash him I do, when it’s time to give him some credit, I will do that also.

Holler likes this.
  9. Wizbit1013

Wizbit1013 Drama go, and don't come back Full Member

Mar 17, 2018
    Queensbury are co promoter's
    Check the posters

10. Dragon Punch

Sep 15, 2012
    Franks name is on the poster, but let’s be honest, he’s not really anything to do with promoting the event.

11. Wizbit1013

Wizbit1013 Drama go, and don't come back Full Member

Mar 17, 2018
    Id agree
    But if push comes to shove, he is listed as such
    Might be able to pay Galahad on the 23rd

12. TonyHayers

TonyHayers Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Nov 1, 2018
    I think that’s a fairly weak argument. You never heard anything negative from Calzaghe, Hatton, Burns, Khan, Brook, Bellew, Cleverly, Mitchell, DeGale, Groves, Saunders and so on about Warren until you did start hearing negative things, typically when they either started legal proceedings against him or just left him as soon as possible.

Not saying it won’t happen with Hearn, but by and large fighters who’ve now retired don’t seem overly keen to take him to court. Almost as if he’s fulfilled his side of the deal. Dubois might be a millionaire, but let’s see how he feels when his contract runs out and he wonders how he may have got on elsewhere. If Frank keeps comparing him to Joshua it stands to reason that he’d expect Joshua style promotion.

13. BritBox

BritBox Member Full Member

Jul 4, 2018
    Just signed Dubois for another 5 years

14. Dragon Punch

Sep 15, 2012
    None of Saunders, Groves or Khan have said anything negative about Frank too my knowledge and their was no legal issues after they moved on. Hatton came out afterwards and said that he never had any personal issues with Frank when he left- it was part of the family problems that was going on. Degale came back and fought on a Frank card towards the end of his career.

In regards to Dubois, as I said earlier in the thread, Daniel did not come to Frank with anything like the promotional material that AJ brought to Hearn. No Olympic gold, adoring women, confident talking skills and everything that goes with AJ. Infact, Frank was still on little BoxNation when he started his career. To get him to this point so quickly, I’m sorry, but had he signed for Hearn (and Eddie looked at him but didn’t want to match Franks offer) he would not be in this position yet , at least not financially.

15. TonyHayers

TonyHayers Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Nov 1, 2018
    Again, the names I mentioned either left Frank or ended up in court against Frank. Of course fighters will change promoters; no one never sees a fighter walk away. But it’s been very much one way traffic for Frank for years now.