Warrington in talks to fight Martinez

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by aaaaa, Dec 31, 2021.

1. aaaaa

aaaaa Ash banned Full Member

Dec 19, 2020
    In Leeds, end of March.

For the very same belt he vacated less than a year ago for ‘the bigger fights’.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2021
  2. Dragon Punch

Dragon Punch Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 15, 2012
    I will be cheering for a Martínez KO TBH. He was screwed in their previous fight, and will be again on the cards if it goes to points. As stated above, Josh vacated the belt, he doesn’t deserve to hold it again off the back of a home town victory.

Robney, Oneirokritis, Holler and 2 others like this.
  3. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
    Lara getting overlooked, surely he should be next in line for a shot

4. @Maley

@Maley Active Member Full Member

Aug 30, 2016
    Isn't kid evoking his rematch clause

5. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    he’s still not ready by then after that head butt. Lara deserves a title shot when he is fit and ready though, a fantastic warrior.

6. Puroresu_Fan

Puroresu_Fan Boxing Junkie Full Member

Apr 6, 2016
    I'm ok with this as long as Lara gets the winner.

We know Warrington vacated before as he didn't want the Galahad fight and this only confirms it.

Oneirokritis, aaaaa and TipNom like this.
  7. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
    Ah yeah forgot about that cut. Really **** that Warrington has basically benefited from throwing the head about. Lara has been robbed twice now because of Warringtons fear of losing again.

8. aaaaa

aaaaa Ash banned Full Member

Dec 19, 2020
    I’d absolutely love it if Kiko iced Warrington.

At least this confirms he was ducking Galahad. Already fought Martinez so that’s the ‘want the bigger fights’ crap proved wrong and fighting for the same belt he vacated less than 12 months ago.

Looking forward to the ‘2 time world champion’ spin from Hearn like it’s a bigger achievement than not vacating his belt then getting sparked out in the first place.

9. TBC-ASAP

TBC-ASAP Boxing Junkie Full Member

Sep 7, 2017
    Wonder if the Headingly bebarkle effects how well Leeds recieve his next fight?

10. @Maley

Aug 30, 2016
    Coming of a loss and a draw why wouldn't warrington want to get the title back. His already beaten kiko and if he does it again it may help make bigger fights which currently he won't get. I can only see it happening if kid Galahad moves up in weight. No other reason for him not taking the rematch clause

11. Cookiedough

Cookiedough Active Member Full Member

Feb 18, 2020
    If this does happen, I see Warrington winning, and then I am in agreement with previous posts, Lara gets a shot. If Lara and Warrington meet again, I favour Warrington to pull it out the bag, in a really tough fight.
    A Kiko vs Galahad rematch would be good though. I like to see rematches where the favourite got ko’d in the first fight. It must be a real mental challenge to face off again with the guy that put you away.

@Maley likes this.
  12. Puroresu_Fan

Puroresu_Fan Boxing Junkie Full Member

Apr 6, 2016
    No issue with Warrington wanting the fight. However if galahad beat Kiko would Warrington be calling for that fight? I don't think he would.

velagod, Scissors, aaaaa and 2 others like this.
  13. Trafford

Trafford Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 29, 2018
    Apparently can’t make the weight and moving up. He’s looked like death the last two fights and had to be helped off the scales on the last one

Oneirokritis and @Maley like this.
  14. ashishwarrior

ashishwarrior VIP Member Full Member

Apr 19, 2010
    he already beat kid
    didnt want that smoke again

15. @Maley

Aug 30, 2016
    The fight wouldnt have sold after the first fight. He wanted other challenges and it back fired. Now his position has changed. Kid had his day then lost..whys he not going for the rematch