Warrington next fight

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by bladesman, Nov 10, 2021.

1. Bent-nose

Bent-nose Well-Known Member Full Member

Feb 19, 2012
    He would have made more money in a World title fight than quitting his belt to fight an unknown Mexican in a non-title fight.

ashishwarrior and Holler like this.
  2. tee_birch

tee_birch Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 6, 2014
    I think the issue with him is that he got too big for his boots. Frampton (past prime) saw his record and went in swinging and got hurt quite badly and never really recovered. Warrington then thinks he is this massive puncher when he isn’t. He is very fit and has good levels of activity but when he went in vs Lara and started swinging from his ankles it was a very ill advised strategy. And the rematch was a joke

3. Oneirokritis

Oneirokritis The Scourge of Stupid Idiots. Full Member

Dec 18, 2015
    I admire your optimism, but we all know that Hearn isn't going to allow Warrington to fight Lara in Mexico. Not in a million years. :lol:

I honestly don't think Lara would be too fussed about coming to Leeds and fighting Warrington again with the deck stacked in Warrington's favour: he already knows he can hurt and stop Warrington. Warrington, on the other hand, will be hoping he will be allowed to plaster his head with vaseline again and will be allowed to headbutt Lara with impunity, just like in the second fight.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2021
  4. Holler

Holler Doesn't appear to be a paid matchroom PR shill Full Member

Mar 12, 2018
    With that and the nonsense his dad came out with they've turned one of UK boxing's success stories into a laughing stock. Post Frampton he really did look like someone worth following. Cracking work rate, a good following, nice back story with his Dad as his coach etc etc. It's almost unreal how badly he and his team have handled matters since then. An object lesson in how to squander good will and lose fans.

Clearly he's got no wish to go anywhere near Lara when the cut is healed. I suspect Matchroom will have their eyes on another match with Kid Galahad, probably the only way they'll get some of the money they've shelled out back. I'd be happy to see it if there's honest judging, if there's a repeat of their last encounter I'm done with anyone associated with it.

RT7, Bent-nose and Oneirokritis like this.
  5. Bent-nose

Feb 19, 2012
    Watch any interview of him - when "Kid Galahad" is mentioned his face drops and his whole body language changes. He wants no part of him.

Oneirokritis likes this.
  6. Cookiedough

Cookiedough Active Member Full Member

Feb 18, 2020
    Would love to see Lara vs Galahad at some point.

Holler and Oneirokritis like this.
  7. @Maley

@Maley Active Member Full Member

Aug 30, 2016
    I'm surprised their hasn't been some sort of fight news. After the last fight thought they would try to get him out again this year and keep him active.

8. Bent-nose

Feb 19, 2012
    The "retirement" word started creeping in to his interviews about a year ago and then he quit his belt to handpick a different opponent.
    He's made a lot of money. How many fights do you think he's got left?

Oneirokritis likes this.
  9. @Maley

@Maley Active Member Full Member

Aug 30, 2016

All depends on his desire and what fights are on the table.

10. Oneirokritis

Dec 18, 2015
    Hopefully it happens sometime in 2022: it's a very good mesh of styles.

11. Oneirokritis

Dec 18, 2015
    If he's talking about retirement / retiring, then potentially none. Boxing is a hard enough sport, which becomes exponentially harder for a boxer if his or her heart isn't fully in it anymore.

Holler and Bent-nose like this.
  12. ashishwarrior

ashishwarrior VIP Member Full Member

Apr 19, 2010
    galahad ruined josh
    him and his team know this
    it started about titles it ends as a popularity contest pudhed by fighters thier teams and filters through to casual fans
    makes me sick and our sport a laughing stock

13. Furey

Furey EST & REG 2009 Full Member

Oct 18, 2009
    He would've for that particular fight but as we know the reason behind it was he was looking for the Can Xu fight which then didn't happen (hence Lara) which was then leading him into a big fight in the States $$$$

14. aaaaa

aaaaa Ash banned Full Member

Dec 19, 2020
    Yeah I used to like Warrington but it's almost like he turned into a pr!ck as soon as he joined Matchroom and started talking bollocks regularly. Must be something in the water at Matchroom HQ because almost all of their fighters come across as absolute bellends.

Glenn McKrory and Inglis_1 like this.
  15. Bent-nose

Feb 19, 2012
    That's nonsense.
    Galahad was his mandatory for a year before he quit his belt. The only reason that he couldn't have fought Galahad before Can Xu was that he didn't fancy it and he wanted to handpick an opponent.
    The "big fight in the States" line is 3 and a half years old now. He was a free agent and could have done a deal with a promoter to make this happen but chose to sign with a promoter who promised him a fight in Leeds against an overrated fighter for a Mickey Mouse belt.
    Why would quitting his belt give him a better chance of a "big fight in the States"?