Warrington v kid Galahad

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by lencoreastside, May 30, 2019.

Who will win

1. JW

60 vote(s)
    65.2%
  2. KG

32 vote(s)
    34.8%
  1. im sparticus

im sparticus There Ye Go. Full Member

May 16, 2010
    Yes we shall have to wait and see. He uses a lot of head control and pawing/feinting opponents out of position but when the other fighter isn't playing ball them party tricks don't mean as much. Josh has shown he's just at good at creating angles as kid is but kids main weapon is bringing you to his tempo.
    Kids in his prime and he's a tricky boxer defo but he's a weak character, that can't be denied. I think he'll unravel and the point you make about him staying focused will get less and less the more he unravels. It comes down to this really. Kid Galahad is a really good boxer with some high level skills. But he's not a high level fighter. Josh is a high level fighter. He's made for this game, he has all the quality of a true fighter. Kid has all the quality of a good boxer.

2. Smudge_

Smudge_ Teak tough Full Member

Jan 23, 2018
    I think Warrington will continue to get better. He's a legit world champion, and one of the top dogs in the division and he thrives on that and his confidence and self belief will be on another level to go along with all the rest of his abilities. So my prediction is Warrington to batter Galawad and stop him in the mid to late rounds. I think Warrington will come flying out the traps in the first round like he did against Frampton and lay down a marker for the rest of the fight. Galawad has never boxed anybody nearly as good as Warrington and I can see him being totally overwhelmed at the pressure Warrington is going to stick on him. Wee Barry will be like a rabbit in the headlights.

lencoreastside likes this.
  3. stittyb

stittyb Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 9, 2008
    I think you need very quick feet and the ability to move and counter at angles. Both Frampton and Selby held their feet, they both seemed surprised at how quick Warrington closed the distance and they tried to meet him on the inside.

You need someone who is constantly moving, side to side, different angles, raiding tactics, but they also need pop because Warrington is pretty good at same time punching.

KG has good upper body movement, but if you let Warrington get that close he's fantastic at changing angles on the inside, he was immense at that against Frampton. Does KG have the required footwork? I don't know, he's never had to use it before.

The work rate and aggression of Warrington wins this for me.

im sparticus likes this.
  4. NasalSpray

NasalSpray Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 22, 2018
    @Here's Johnny says that no one is interested in this fight, strange this thread has multiple pages already !

im sparticus likes this.
  5. @Maley

@Maley Active Member Full Member

Aug 30, 2016
    For me warrington wins wide points. Kid talks of his power but that was when he was juicing at super ban. His not really showed that against a true featherweight. Josh will out work him and win by 3/4 rounds.

im sparticus likes this.
  6. EJC83

EJC83 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 20, 2019
    I hated Warrington this time last year, absolutely detested him, but I respect him massively for what he's done. They weren't the best versions of Selby and Frampton but he was still very impressive against both and I think he edges this. That said, Galahad has got in his head, no question, the silent treatment was something that Warrington isn't used to and it showed.

Scissors and NasalSpray like this.
  7. @Maley

Aug 30, 2016
    Cant see the silent treatment bothering JW at all. His boxed away from home against at least 2 unbeaten fighters b4 and come out on top when he was the underdog. I just think from their past fights in the amateurs and from wat kid has done in the pros and from what Josh has done himself his fully confident in his own ability come fight night.

im sparticus and lencoreastside like this.
  8. thistle1

thistle1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 30, 2006
    I have supported Warrington since Dudley and that was what 8 years ago or something.
    He is a beautiful Boxer and it has ALWAYS been clear, it surprised me that so many couldn't or wouldn't give him that recognition or belief until the las t couple of years... he IS the Best Fighter in Britain and has been for about 5 years.

He is a consummate Professional Athlete and CONSISTENTLY Excellent!!!

he conducts himself like a gentleman and not like a Low Brow blowhard, bullie or ***** - punk, maybe that is the collective attitude of many of his detractors.

Can he win, of course he can.

Will he win, we will have to wait and see.

Would I back him, No reason not too

Does he believe that Top World Honours can't be his, I should think not!

and I believe that hunger and desire will always keep him Consummate and Solley Dedicated to achieve it!!!

im sparticus and lencoreastside like this.
  9. tee_birch

tee_birch Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 6, 2014
    I agree to an extent both results flattered JW. Selby was awful that night and Frampton underestimated him, got hurt badly early and never recovered.

I still think he's just that big too good for KG.

lencoreastside likes this.
  10. BigDoofus

BigDoofus Active Member Full Member

Apr 4, 2016
    He didn't before the Selby fight and at the Kid G press conference.

BigStiffIdiot likes this.
  11. @Maley

Aug 30, 2016

Were u at the Dudley show that night. Was a cracking fight.

12. thistle1

thistle1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 30, 2006
    yes Sir and I have watched his steady excellent progress ever since.

you too have always been a voice for Josh, you have quoted me in equal support many times over the years on these forms.

I hope Josh goes ALL the Way to the absolute highest achievable for him, we need:

a) First Class Boxers & Fighters - Real Deals, and
    b) Gentlemen and Role Models - to Clean up the Crap Punk Behaviour, Hype and Stand Offs.

13. Oreet Cha!

Oreet Cha! I know what I like and I like what I know. Full Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Just caught the last half of a live interview from Josh and Kid with Laura Woods on talkSPORT about 35 minutes ago as I drove home from work.

After all that I have read on here, plus the distasteful videos, I was pleasantly surprised at how well Kid both sounded and came across.

He sounded like a decent chap, believe it not. Maybe if this was the real "him", he should change the company he has, to date, been keeping.

14. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    I expect Warrington to win comfortably BUT I do think Barry will cause him more problems than Selby and Frampton who were both past there Sell by date.

Should be a good fight with some genuine needle.

zulander likes this.
  15. PolicemanPrawn

PolicemanPrawn Member Full Member

Apr 29, 2017
    A very interesting fight from a demographical and medical point of view.