Warrington vs Lara official for Septmeber 4th

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Scott Cork, Jul 5, 2021.

1. Big Lou dog

Big Lou dog Member Full Member

Jul 3, 2021
    Fancy Josh to get the job done and hope he does as he comes across as a great guy.

If Lara does get beat in this one he’s taken a massive scalp but you have to feel for him as he should be a world champion now. I hope he’s getting at the very least a career best purses to show for it as he really does deserve it. I doubt he’s coming to just collect his money though - another win and who knows where he’ll be.

Journey Man likes this.
  2. Journey Man

Journey Man Journeyman always. Full Member

Aug 22, 2009
    Another win definitely gives him a platform for a title fight. I imagine Eddie will be signing him either way for DAZN Mexico, so he should have a platform now at least.

Big Lou dog likes this.
  3. Holler

Holler Doesn't appear to be a paid matchroom PR shill Full Member

Mar 12, 2018
    It's an unusual belt as it's awarded to the fighter who gets battered. Josh is the current holder.

Jurgen and caligula4 like this.
  4. Bent-nose

Bent-nose Well-Known Member Full Member

Feb 19, 2012
    Did you call his last performance right?

5. @Maley

@Maley Active Member Full Member

Aug 30, 2016

Nope I didn't but can see he took his eye off the ball and paid the ultimate price.

Bent-nose likes this.
  6. bbjc

bbjc Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 25, 2012
    Should he be taking this fight. Theres a good chance he can win it...probably be the favourite but hes just taking a career worst beating from the guy who looks like he can punch a bit. Dont think warringtons even back sparring yet.

I know that people give critism for some of the level of opposition a lot of boxers take on especially early in their careers. Too many easy fights and mismatches but surely the time for that is after a heavy defeat coming back from injuries from that heavy defeat.

Thats a potential problem for eddie down the road....unless your a huge money maker you do become replaceable bearing in mind hes now basically an international promoter and international tv channel provider. Could that become potentially dangerous down the line. When he was working with a limited pool of fighters....he protected them maybe too much. Now its a case of if the mexican wins...who cares...we now have a new mexican star.

Tbf going back in against ruiz worked for joshua and i think it,ll work for warrington but still reckon...these guys should be getting a couple of easier fights to come back to with a quick turnaround before getting back to it again. I can see how they go back in...but its a risky fight to take off the back of a knockout...a bad beating...injuries sustained and a date set when the boys not even been able to get back to sparring yet.

They need to be getting guys like warrington moving along faster when younger...and slowing them down if a situation like this occurs imo. Its not really an ideal world tho tbf.

Gatekeeper and Jurgen like this.
  7. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    The final sentence spot on - too many of our boys waste their best years fighting the same pudding range, learning nothing new, ageing the body with each camp then failing badly in late 20s/early 30s when they step up at World Level.

Time stands still for nobody and each fight should be increasingly difficult and/or against opponents with different attributes to deal with.

Josh Taylor has shown the way and hopefully others follow.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2021
    Gatekeeper likes this.
  8. Cookiedough

Cookiedough Active Member Full Member

Feb 18, 2020
    Great fight but a dangerous one. Fair play to Josh for taking it, and Lara for going into the lions den. Josh will need to be clever for this one. It’s a big mental challenge, especially if Lara starts clipping him. I really can’t call this one as Lara’s victory first time round was no fluke. He gave Josh a beating. Josh needs to dance round Lara and pick his way to a points win. Lara needs to cut the ring off and let his hands go. Interesting rematch.

Gatekeeper and @Maley like this.
  9. kojak

kojak Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 22, 2012
    He actually had his best success when he closed the gap on Lara. When he was at mid range is when he got hurt.

When it was close Lara couldn't generate the power or leverage on his shots and Josh hurt him to the body.

So he'll have to mix it up between on the outside using raiding tactics, to working at close distance. It should be a tactic that he can make work as Lara isn't the quickest of punchers.

Cookiedough and Gatekeeper like this.
  10. N17

N17 VIP Member Full Member

Feb 16, 2013
    Warrington will do "The AJ".

He won't risk it again, he won't go for a stoppage, he will just pop in and out, in and out, stay on the outside and use his technical ability and win a one sided decision.

Hearn will be out calling it a "masterclass" and then try to swing the conversation back to where it was before Warrington got battered.

aaaaa, Gatekeeper and Jurgen like this.
  11. Tankatron

Tankatron Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 1, 2014
    Lara will likely be getting a career high pay day and then some so I wouldn't feel to bad for him and the way he dealt with Warrington, I would make him a pretty heavy favourite. Everything that Lara landed shook Warrington to his boots.

Cookiedough likes this.
  12. Driscoll Brothers

Driscoll Brothers Fight camp baby banned Full Member

Aug 14, 2021
    Your obsession/massive hate of Josh Warrington
    Is seriously disturbing. Your whole life revolves around being Warringtons number 1 hater and biggest troll

You need help/ counselling for Galahads loss to Warrington. You just can't get over it can you!! How many years can you obsess/hate over that loss.

im sparticus likes this.
  13. Driscoll Brothers

Driscoll Brothers Fight camp baby banned Full Member

Aug 14, 2021
    @Bent-nose .. imagine hatimg someone with such a passion like you do with Warrington. Yet not having the balls to confront him in real liife, and just cowardly hide on a forum hating obsessively. You're severely ill. You don't even have the balls to @ him.on your twitter account lol

I heard.. warringtons fans beating the **** out Galahads brother at the weigh in is one the reasons you hate him so much. But that was his fans , not him.

14. im sparticus

im sparticus There Ye Go. Full Member

May 16, 2010
    O
    Oh, you know him then!

15. aaaaa

aaaaa Ash banned Full Member

Dec 19, 2020
    If he's anything like Barry he probably deserved it.