Was David Higgins In On The Fix Over His fighter Parker getting Screwed over by the Ref?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Sephiroth Rising 7, Jul 30, 2018.

1. Sephiroth Rising 7

Sephiroth Rising 7 'No tears please!' banned Full Member

Sep 27, 2016
    This guy made a great video revealing crucial footage showing Higgins busy looking down on his phone sitting alongside his husband Hearn whilst his fighter was getting smashed in the back of the head, thrown around the ring and while the ref does absolutely nothing but give Whyte the special British licence to do whatever the hell he so desired so long as Parker suffered.

It really makes you question whether he knew Parker was there to get shafted.

This isn't normal - timestamped.

This content is protected

If you watch all of the video you will see one of the most obvious corrupted, paid off, co-signed cooked up referee jobs in boxing on display.

You will see him help pick Dillian up after he was on the verge of being knocked out, fix his pants for him, pats on the back and nods of approval and hand signals giving the green light to Dillian to headbutting, throat shove, throwing parker out of the ring and low blow his way to victory.

Legend X, AlwaysFirst, Vykus and 2 others like this.
  2. inner2deepz

inner2deepz Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Oct 8, 2016
    When your taking 35% you don’t care if the dude wins or loses lol

3. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    After the fight Higgins held a press conference where he said he will “speak to Eddie” about Parker’s next fight...

Higgins is supposed to be his promoter... What is he “promoting” if he needs to speak to Eddie to arrange a fight?

Like @OpinionOfACasual and @Puroresu_Fan, Higgins would no doubt suck Hearn’s **** if he had the opportunity.

4. Sephiroth Rising 7

Sep 27, 2016
    N17 said that Higgins is Hearn's enemy. :lol:

Their pantomime feud is about as a real as a WWE rivalry.

inner2deepz likes this.
  5. Puroresu_Fan

Puroresu_Fan Boxing Junkie Full Member

Apr 6, 2016
    Doesn't take a genius does it. The money for Parker is fighting in the UK. He has a profile here now so Higgins probably feels he can get Parker on a matchroom show rather than back in NZ in obscurity.

ellerbe likes this.
  6. 305th

305th Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 28, 2018
    I have to be honest, even a few pints deep in the pub while watching Parker take jab after jab without so much as attempting to move his head it struck me he wasn't even trying to remain competitive.

I could hear the odd stolen line above the pub noise from the commentators saying he seemed disinterested. Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if the outcome of this fight was decided way before the night tbh.

7. Sephiroth Rising 7

Sep 27, 2016
    You've got to ask the question why Parker wasn't throwing when Whyte was literally wipe open, leaning over with his hands down on the ropes in several periods of the fight, and all Parker could do was look on and not let his hands go to finish him off. And these were instances that took place mid way through the fight when Parker still had gas in the tank.

It was a really weird fight and that's putting aside the ref's performance. I'm sure I'm not the only one who was screaming for Parker to put together an attack when whyte was clearly on the verge of being out on his feet. Parker didn't seem as if he wanted to win even when Whyte was literally begging him to finish him off.

I would not be suprised if it was fixed and Parker instructed to throw the fight, because we know had he won, there wouldn't be anyone pushing him to fight Wilder to give protection to AJ.

Angler Andrew and 305th like this.
  8. Kiwi_in_America

Kiwi_in_America The Tuaminator Full Member

Oct 19, 2006
  9. 305th

305th Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 28, 2018
    Completely agreed, also a DW/AJ rematch is a lot easier to sell than a Parker one.

10. The Akbar One

The Akbar One Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Dec 1, 2007
    I found it odd that the Parker camp didn't complain about anything. They were within their right to complain, because he was literally given a loss due to hometown reffing. Multiple fouls of which no points were deducted. A clear headbutt, that was ruled a knockdown, causing a three point swing. The fight is a draw if the ref doesn't blow that call. And if the ref does his damn job and deducts point for Whyte's fouls like he should have, at least two points could have been deducted at minimum. He almost pushed Parker over the top rope twice, he rabbit punched, low blowed, wrestled, bull rushed etc.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2018
  11. edabomb

edabomb Active Member Full Member

Jul 2, 2011
    That doesn't explain him coming back to almost knock Whyte out at the end.

I just think he is in terrible cardio shape. He was blowing hard most of the fight. Needs a new team to really push him fitness wise and show him how minimise damage from incoming punches. The way he fights eating leather for 12 rounds against Takam, Ruiz and now Whyte is not sustainable.

12. Sephiroth Rising 7

Sep 27, 2016
    He caught him with a decent punch which he never even expected to knock Whyte down with as it was more due to Whyte's fatigue rather than any momentous power Parker hit him with.

Parker didn't complain about anything at all. Even in the Jenner fight, he was complaining to the ref regarding the excessive holding. In this fight he accepted anything and everything. Whyte pulled out and executed every single illegal move out of the foul book. Mid way through the fight, when his tank was half full he just allowed whyte off the hook time and time again.

Even someone with poor stamina can summon the energy to throw a sustained attack when their opponent is in serious danger.

There's no way that fight was legitimate by any stretch of the imagination.

Higgins was in on it, Parker was in on it and of course Eddie was the one who organised the whole entire fix.

I've never seen a promoter more interested in looking the other way, down at their phone while they're own fighter is getting battered with headbutts and rabbit punches.

Anyone else would be off their set or fixated on the action screaming at the ref to get hold of the fight.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2018
  13. edabomb

edabomb Active Member Full Member

Jul 2, 2011
    I have no doubt Parker's team could have been in on something, I don't think Parker himself was. He was obviously well underprepared though.

14. Sephiroth Rising 7

Sep 27, 2016
    It was a performance that would have made Ward proud.

15. Manu Vatuvei

Manu Vatuvei Active Member Full Member

Apr 21, 2011
    Looked like a pretty normal Parker performance to me.

Watching it back again yesterday, he clearly got tired in the middle rounds before trying to catch a second wind late. He fought very similarly in the Takam fight.

With the first knockdown I just think no-one knew what had happened, all they knew was it was going in the books as a 10-8 round. Parker and his team clearly knew they were losing the fight later on, taking the 10-8 round into account. Not much point whinging about it later when you knew the situation from round 2 onwards. Taking that approach is consistent with how they usually are.

Honestly, having seen Parker fight a lot and knowing how easily explicable all of this is, the conspiracy theories here are kind of hilarious.

Guybino, Vykus and edabomb like this.