Was Mike Tyson right to bite Holyfield?

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by BoxingDialogue, Dec 18, 2019.

1. Wass1985

Wass1985 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 18, 2012
    It's one of those really, if you know your rivals are doing it then you would be crazy not to do it yourself.

2. red cobra

red cobra VIP Member Full Member

Jul 28, 2004
    Why of course Mike was right to have bitten Evander, for in life, as well within the ring, one should always give in to your most immediate instinctive impulses instead of controlling your emotions during key moments in your life.

3. Sangria

Sangria You bleed like Mylee Full Member

Nov 13, 2010
    No, just excuses when he lost. Have you done PED's? Oh no? Then stfu. You know nothing of the sort.

I can't stand people who show up on forums who act like they know better (Unforgiven). Hey pud, what else you need to know?

4. Sangria

Nov 13, 2010
    L M F A O. Defending your not so humble hero to your dying day! Pathetic man. Pathetic. Dude hid behind his religion, abused steroids, made terrible excuses when he lost and had 40 kids out of wedlock. Fake Christian, like when Benny Hinn MIRACULOUSLY healed his heart. And look at you, a 50 something year old child defending everything Evan Fields was found accused of. Pitiful.

EDIT: Who the hell in their right mind hires Lee Haney as their workout trainer? DUH. So obvious.

5. salsanchezfan

salsanchezfan Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Aug 22, 2004
    $%&@ that. He should have EATEN him.

6. young griffo

young griffo Boxing Addict Full Member

May 18, 2006
    He's still in front of your convicted sex offender hero.

And all this PED talk sounds like excuse making to justify why he beat Tysons arse so easily. I mean Tyson was the only one of the two to ever fail a post fight drug test not Holyfield.

I find it touchingly naive that you'd think a self confessed drug addict would avoid taking drugs that would actually enhance his performance while throwing booze down his throat, coke up his nose and filling his lungs with weed. Yeah sure he drew a line with PED's because he was so virtuous. Grow up.

7. Sangria

Nov 13, 2010
    Did Malik Abdul Azziz ever get caught? Was he dumb enough to fake his name, like...oh I don't know - Mick Byson yet have fukkin pounds of steroids home delivered? I don't think so fukknut. Eat a dikk you piece of shyte!

You pop off a lot you little *****. You want some? Sick of your pompous puzzy shyte.

8. young griffo

May 18, 2006
    Aww diddums.

Go and worship a worthless, punk ra pist scumbag ya cretin lol

9. young griffo

May 18, 2006
    As long as you keep posting arse kissing posts about Tinkerbell and putting down better fighters than him to justify your pathetic infatuation with a convicted sex offender and self confessed wife beater, then I'll be right there telling a few home truths about your biting, 5 times KOd butt boy.

I'm glad Givens and King took the knucklehead to the cleaners.

10. RulesMakeItInteresting

RulesMakeItInteresting Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 23, 2019
    C'mon guys, you might be letting anger effect your posts. You all had a great discussion going here, let's stick together to keep these topics hoppin'. All this computer anger is nowhere, you guys are better than that imo.

Sangria likes this.
  11. Sangria

Nov 13, 2010
    I agree. It gets out of hand. Can't stand these arm chair phonies posting in a forum from a sport they've never fought in. Disgusts me. But it's a free world, correct?

Yeah it gets to a point where I'm defending Mike Tyson the fighter, not the person. I don't post in threads badmouting these professionals who accomplished more in one day than Unforgiven and the other cake boy have in their combined lives.

It's quite evident that they're the ones infatuated with Mike Tyson. I only pop in to expose their smug behavior.

You know what...any time you 2 pricks would like to have a sparring session, I'm game! Let's do this...

Last edited: Dec 30, 2019
  12. RulesMakeItInteresting

Mar 23, 2019
    Mike was an amazing fighter, most especially in his prime (where many ATGs above him might have fallen). I have him 10 on my list of ATGs.

I can't talk much when it comes to loving and defending my favorite fighters like Larry, George, Sanchez, etc. I love them and probably come across as sycophantic at times myself.

But we have some terrific boxing minds here, and letting others effect our input through bullying, ignorance, or anything else negative, makes it suck for all of us.

Sangria, I always make sure to read your posts, so I'm naturally greedy for you to get back on the horse and add your pure-boxing input again. That goes for many others in this conversation and elsewhere.

When everyone is on, this forum is killer.

Eddie Ezzard and Sangria like this.
  13. Wass1985

Feb 18, 2012
    You couldnt box heads you silly little man so button it....

young griffo likes this.
  14. Wass1985

Feb 18, 2012
    What is Sandra arguing about, is he trying to justify Tyson's cannibalistic behaviour?

At the end of the day Tyson was in with superior fighter who was waaay tougher and had waaay more heart, he couldn't handle not being the bully and biting was the only way out for him.

What more is there to say on the matter, he was beat by the better fighter twice.

15. RulesMakeItInteresting

Mar 23, 2019
    I think Holy was really psyched up by having already knocked the dogsnot out of Mike in the first fight, and it was obvious Mike wasn't his old self in the stare down.

The first fight I think Holy won so well because of his controlling what was a probably crushing fear: I mean, Bowe had already creamed him and he hadn't looked too good in general in recent years.

I believe both Holy/Mike fights were influenced by that kind of psychological warfare. Mike knew he couldn't win against Holyfield, so he took a page from the latter-day Bowe book and decided to blame it all on fouls. The reality is the (at least to my eyes) Holy looked even more determined to shut him down, and earlier, and had already kind of beaten him during the stare down.

I do believe Mike was even more susceptible to psych outs than other fighters (like prime Foreman). Mike often (but of course not always) scared the living bejesus out of other fighters pre-fight. Holy wasn't outwardly scared in either, especially in the second, where he was seriously bitching Mike out in the stare down. I'm not sure Mike completely gave up, but he was NOT happy about dealing with this guy who was not only completely fearless and didn't seem in general to give a rat's ass about fighting dirty (you know, because Tyson most often didn't either)...but had inspired a fear in him.

The difference I saw in the second fight included all of the above plus...Mike was more aggressive in the early rounds of that first fight, he was believing his press clippings and going for an early ko. In the second fight he already looked disadvantaged in that he wasn't pressing like he usually did. I don't see Evander holding anymore than he did in the first fight, and yeah I saw butting in BOTH fights (and not just from Holyfield btw).

Holy was self-possessed, collected throughout the second fight (obviously, before the biting)...Mike REALLY didn't like that. He often did best when other fighters were kind of falling apart, either after being hit or from the get go (see Spinks...and though I hate to say it, Holmes).