Wasserman: Denis Radovan vs. Brian Rose RBR

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by IntentionalButt, Dec 3, 2021.

1. IntentionalButt

IntentionalButt Guy wants to name his çock 'macho' that's ok by me Full Member

Nov 30, 2006
    20-18 Radovan, boring stuff, both waltzing and jabbing, testing with hooks just under one another's elbows knowing full well they're not going to get through with anything clean. Radovan caught Rose a few times with short overhands against the side of the jaw.

2. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    30-27 Radovan ...Brian fighting like a complete beta, getting walked around the ring and smacked across the cheek with left hooks without breaking his guard to counter. Radovan piecing him up with left hook/right hand combos. Rose only throwing power shots in multiples in desperation when backed into a corner.

3. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    40-36 DR, going to be annoyed if he doesn't find a way to get rid of the clearly outmatched Rose with more than half the scheduled distance left to go. He's teeing off and jacking the Brit's skull around pretty much at will, getting countered with barking shoeshines that mostly don't get past the gloves and when they do accomplish nothing.

4. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Interesting...people in the Facebook comments saying they have it 2-2 and worrying about whether Rose will actually get a fair shake in Germany and be given his deserved rounds.

I agree that boxing scorecards in Germany can often be corrupt generally speaking, but - what deserved rounds for Rose do they mean? :thinking: He's fighting his guts out and it just isn't enough.

5. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Alright, couple of dissenting voices (saying Brian hasn't won a round), I'm not crazy. :sisi1

6. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    This comment from the Lounge sums up my feelings about this match quite well.:sisi1

Dannymita and IntentionalButt like this.
  7. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Rose officially needs a KO (which he isn't getting - hasn't been on the frontfoot even for a moment yet, and is twice as feather-fisted as the average-powered Romanian-German)

60-54 Radovan, just wrapping his arms over his face, plowing inside, and working the body. Simple but effective. Rose flurrying his ass off but can't buy himself an inch.

8. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Rose lands his best punch of the fight midway into the 7th and ...it was a lean-aside pump-action left hook on the gonads. :lol: Brutal low blow, dropping Radovan like a gunshot. Radovan shakes it off with alacrity, tough hombre.

Foul aside, Rose fought his most spirited round of the night but still ate too much leather, head getting snapped back from stiff double jabs.

70-63 Rad

9. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    ...and, Rose has quit.

RTD7!

CST80 likes this.
  10. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    It was really quite a comedown in stark contrast with Lowe vs. López, whereas that was a fun bit of cat & mouse this was ...a lethargic medium-sized dog playing disinterestedly with an older, weaker, shittier dog that could only snap its gums in return. :sisi1

CST80 likes this.
  11. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    WOW. So apparently Radovan at #6 is just a few spots away in the IBF rankings from becoming GGG's mandatory. (the #1 and #2 spots are vacant, and 3rd-5th are occupied by Patrick Wójcicki*, Esquiva Falcão, and Patrick Volny respectively)

Even a shot to bits 40% of his old HBO self Golovkin would absolutely wreck both the Radovan and Rose we just saw, on the same night.

*knocked out Pavlov in six on the undercard today, btw.

12. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Was expecting a retirement announcement from Rose, given some of the chatter in his corner post-fight... eyes peeled, I guess.

13. Fogger

Fogger Father, grandfather and big sports fan. Full Member

Aug 9, 2021
    Hi IB,

I was hoping to get off work in time to watch this card but that didn't happen. I was wondering if you had a chance to watch the Abass Baraou-Meriton Karaxha bout. If so, ho did Baraou look?

Thanks

14. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Sorry, was still on my way home from the gym at that point so I only sort of half-watched a few rounds of that one during my bus ride. I remember thinking Karaxha looked surprisingly poor, throwing away jabs wastefully and lunging in and missing with mostly headhunting power shots (for some reason assumed he was meant to be the favorite, probably because he's thrice as experienced). Not much stood out about Baraou's performance, nothing exceptional - just moved, defended and countered all pretty capably and used the jab to both score and disrupt Karaxha, with some nice sneaky left hooks downstairs.

You can watch that fight yourself, from 3hrs 10min into this video which has the whole card:
    This content is protected

15. Fogger

Fogger Father, grandfather and big sports fan. Full Member

Aug 9, 2021
    Thank you. I appreciated watching the fight. Baraou was solid but not spectacular. Karaxha was never hurt but just didn't have any answers for the few questions Baraou was asking. Baraou had to work hard against Jack Culcay a couple of fights back but I am looking forward to the next time he fights someone who can make him work.

IntentionalButt likes this.