WBC Creates A New Weight Division

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Perkin Warbeck, Oct 17, 2020.

1. Decker

Decker Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 7, 2007
    I see you adjusted some of the weights by a pound, e.g. Jr Welter is 141 instead of 140, etc. Plus you added a Jr Cruiser and renamed SCW to Tiger.

Main quibble I have is I'd change Junior to Light, some might think Junior is a bit condescending. Yes humans by nature are not comfortable with change. However, and I've though this for some time, Lt Heavy and Cruiser should change places. In your weight categories there are now FOUR divisions above Lt Heavy. But that naming switch won't happen.

eltirado likes this.
  2. catchwtboxing

catchwtboxing Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 4, 2014
    The problem is that they all will once they see We Be Crooks collecting the extra sanctioning fees.

There is a lot of play between a 190 pound man and 270 pound Tyson Fury, so expect to see a number of new weight classes over the next couple of years...Junior heavy...Eltirado's "tigerweight," etc.

sasto and Perkin Warbeck like this.
  3. Kratos

Kratos Well-Known Member Full Member

Jan 27, 2014
    The other organizations probably agreed with it already.

4. madballster

madballster VIP Member Full Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Oh gawd please no!

eltirado likes this.
  5. HolDat

HolDat Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 25, 2020
    Trump makes something up EVERY day and forget what he lies about!! He never passes the fact check :nonono

6. chatty

chatty Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 18, 2009
    And not have the opportunity to issue sanctioning fees for 20 new belts. You better believe they are all in.

Pimp C likes this.
  7. chatty

chatty Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 18, 2009
    I prefer Super Light Heavyweight to Junior Cruiserweight tbh.

8. vast

vast Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Nov 27, 2010
    This is bogus. I hate sanctioning bodies.

9. Power_tek

Power_tek Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Sep 22, 2018
    So anyone with better knowledge than me who will fall into this new weightclass? The timing is pretty brave boxing is on a downward curve at the moment alot of it because of covid but all this sort of bollocks doesn't help

10. vast

vast Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Nov 27, 2010
    Participation belts!

Dementia Pugulistica likes this.
  11. miniq

miniq Tyson Fury Undisputed HW Champion 18/5/24 banned Full Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Imagine having a man break your nose and not instantly fight back. Fight or flight I guess.

I'd wrap that fanny pack around his head

Charlie Stewart likes this.
  12. Decker

Decker Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 7, 2007
    Me too and I almost put that in one of my posts. Then I thought peeps would grumble about three words defining a division and abbreviated as SLHW.

Doesn't bother me.

13. Perkin Warbeck

Perkin Warbeck Boxing aficionado banned Full Member

Nov 4, 2017
    Here Sulaiman talks about his new weight division, among other topics.

This content is protected

14. DONT B SCARED

DONT B SCARED Pimpin Aint Easy Full Member

Mar 8, 2017
    Is there some kind of approximate breakdown of the amount fighters in each division?
    I think its pretty clear those smaller weights especially, need a complete overhall either adjusting or removing at least 1 division.
    The heavier weights needs some altering with seemingly more of these 7 foot giants then ever and if they were to add a division instead of slightly altering those weightd for those top few divisions,i think super heavyweight instead of this new division makes more sense.
    Likely wont be a removal of any divisions tho as these organisations obviously get extra money,the more divisions there is,hence the WBC and there eagerness to add this latest division.
    For a long time the other obvious issue which also revolves around money, is the clarity of who the actual best is in each division,due to the ridiculous amount of belts "world champions" from all these corrupt organizations(also removing all or most them is needed obv.) who more often then not will take easier $ options instead of fighting each other

15. judgeJAB

judgeJAB Skills to pay the bills! Full Member

May 23, 2010
    I mean... it's still lame. But it sorta makes sense for smaller heavyweights. Fighting at 215, going against a heavyweight of Fury's size is a bit of a tall ask (no pun intended) seeing as it's about a 45+ lb difference. Who knows how things will shake out, but it does benefit smaller heavyweights out there.