WBC orders Juan Francisco Estrada vs Srisaket Sor Rungvisai III

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Flo_Raiden, Nov 3, 2020.

1. Flo_Raiden

Flo_Raiden Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 12, 2010
    From the Scene. The WBC has just ordered Estrada to make a mandatory defense of his super flyweight belt against Thailand warrior & WBC # 1 challenger Srisaket Sor Rungvisai.

Looks like Chocolatito vs Estrada 2 will have to wait... But this will still do.

2. Philly161

Philly161 "Fundamentals are the crutch of the talentless" banned Full Member

Oct 25, 2020
    No complaints here SSR is a beast estrada is the man at 115 rn first 2 fights were great let's gooo. Depending on the line may bet on SSR but gotta think Gallo is favorite he's at his peak and SSR is putting hard miles on every fight.

Reinhardt, eltirado and HellSpawn86 like this.
  3. George Crowcroft

George Crowcroft Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Based on his last fight, I'm picking SSR to stop Estrada this time. Great that they're pushing for the trilogy.

Wouldn't mind seeing a nice big super-flyweight card like they did last a couple years back. Rungvisai vs Cuadras, rematch, Estrada vs Chocolatito rematch, and then in their following fights, the winners and losers meet. I'd love to see that, those four are interlinked IMO, and will be forever when looking back on this era.

I got Rungvisai beating all by KO, Estrada outboxing Chocolatito, and Gonzalez edging Cuadras again.

4. McGrain

McGrain Diamond Dog Staff Member

Mar 21, 2007
    WBC, you did something right.

Reinhardt, eltirado, Badbot and 9 others like this.
  5. Flo_Raiden

Flo_Raiden Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 12, 2010
    I guess it also depends if Sor Rungvisai decides to fight southpaw the whole way through this time. :sisi1

Chocolatito, Gallo, SSR, and Cuadras are like a modern day Fab Four in a way. They really do make interesting rivalries.

eltirado, Badbot, Philly161 and 3 others like this.
  6. Young Terror

Young Terror ★ Griselda ★ Full Member

May 9, 2012
    Would like to see the Estrada vs Choco rematch first cause ive waited a long time for that one but i cant complain with a third fight between SSR and Estrada, hell i cant complain with any fight involving these guys.

Just hope Srisaket fights like his usual self and doesnt fight orthodox like he did in the second Estrada fight.

eltirado and HellSpawn86 like this.
  7. George Crowcroft

Mar 3, 2019
    Now that you mention it, they're styles are slightly reminiscent of them.

I do think Ioka is better than Cuadras, and possibly even the dark house of the division now, but he just hasn't been intertwined with those guys enough to make that quartet. I guess he's like the Benitez.

And Inoue, with his lack of fighting anyone worth while at the weight, is the modern day Khaosai Galaxy :naughty2:

8. Young Terror

May 9, 2012
    Ioka vs Tanaka winner would be a terrific challenge for all those guys.

9. ShovelHook

ShovelHook Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 22, 2019
  10. ShovelHook

Jul 22, 2019
    Ioka, Nietes, Tanaka and Taguchi all kinda went their own ways.

George Crowcroft likes this.
  11. HellSpawn86

HellSpawn86 Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 6, 2007
    115 getting hot!

Philly161 and ShovelHook like this.
  12. ShovelHook

Jul 22, 2019
    Been saying it's the best division in the sport for the last few years now. Absolute killer's row.

Badbot, Philly161 and HellSpawn86 like this.
  13. HellSpawn86

HellSpawn86 Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 6, 2007
    Yeah, the reality is that it's been hot, but I hadn't paid attention until Chocolatito got some hype. Looks like when popularity and business aren't as big as obstacles you can make some quality fights. The problem is without enough popularity a lot of the fights slip under the radar.

ShovelHook and Philly161 like this.
  14. Young Terror

May 9, 2012
    And if the division isnt already great it could be getting even better cause none other than "El Rey" Julio Cesar Martinez will be there soon according to him and when that happens god help them all.

15. George Crowcroft

Mar 3, 2019
    Tanaka and Dalakian too, could see all of those guys working up there.

ShovelHook likes this.