WBC refuses to order Whyte vs Fury at the WBC convention

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Koli55, Nov 16, 2021.

1. Oneirokritis

Oneirokritis The Scourge of Stupid Idiots. Full Member

Dec 18, 2015
    At least I don't have to resort to creating multiple accounts on a boxing forum to make myself feel important, unlike the person who's post I'm replying to. :sisi1

The WBC are digging their heels in on Whyte trying to slip out of fighting Wallin. The WBC will more than likely enforce Whyte vs Wallin. So if Whyte beats Wallin and then beats him in the customary rematch, he probably puts himself to the the front of the queue for a shot at Fury's WBC title. It's hardly rocket science.

Wizbit1013 likes this.
  2. Aydamn

Aydamn Dillian Da Dissappointment Full Member

Jul 31, 2018
    Well he was always a free agent and worked with Hearn on an adhoc basis. Hearn has publically offered Wilder 9 million dollars for Wilder to fight Whyte. He invited Ortiz down to be a main card just like all of Whytes PPVs which have been succesful.

He did his job there but it’s skating uphill with WBC, finkel and Co. if they don’t want the fight.

Ortiz has come down to fight The White Rhino, and a Whyte has been overseas to fight in America. Travelling is not an issue for these guys except Wilder who doesn’t want to travel and doesn’t want to fight Whyte specifically.

Instead we got stivern twice, Ortiz twice and Fury three times. Breazeale earned a shot fair play.

Whyte has been campaigning in the WBC for a while, in my opinion if you do it that long you stick with it especially as Mauricio has been smooth talking Whyte getting his hopes up.

Anyways Whyte has proven on his record he will take tough fights, and we know he is deserving and has the PPV pulling power to negotiate where and when a fight should take place.

He always stated he did not want to go back to Joshua empty handed because he does not want to be screwed over with purse splits in the first fight and a potential rematch when fighting as a contender.

Finkel likes this.
  3. Dubblechin

Dubblechin Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 25, 2014
    Deontay Wilder. PBC. Luis Ortiz. WBC. Blah, blah, blah.

Eddie Hearn and Anthony Joshua had three of the belts.

Why was Eddie Hearn not pushing for a Joshua-Whyte 2 title fight THE ENTIRE TIME JOSHUA HAD THOSE BELTS?

Hearn throwing up his hands and saying "I tried to get you a shot at the other belt I have no influence over" isn't exactly "doing his job"

o_O

Eddie Hearn spent years pushing the "Whyte is being ducked" narrative yet didn't spend years trying to make Joshua-Whyte 2.

How much did Hearn "publicly" offer Joshua to defend his title against Whyte?

Why didn't Hearn bash one (or ALL) of sanctioning orgs where Joshua held a belt for not forcing a title shot for Whyte?

Last edited: Nov 17, 2021
  4. Aydamn

Jul 31, 2018
    Yeah except all the evidence and historic activity would lead a person with sound mind to not put any stock into what orders or promises the WBC give when it concerns Dillian Whyte.

Whyte should not need to go through Wallin considering how many sanctioned WBC bouts he has had already. That hard work and graft deserves payment. Why? Because there is a ranking system and a roster. If it doesn’t count for something like the interim belt or mandatory position then get rid of it.

whyte has earned it more than Wallin who already fought and loss to Fury.

Fury agrees and so does his father in that Whyte deserves a shot.

https://www.boxingnewsonline.net/john-fury-give-dillian-whyte-his-shot/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.gi...itle-shot-should-he-defeat-deontay-wilder?amp

But looks like there is a lot of talk an no action in todays world.

5. Oneirokritis

Dec 18, 2015
    So did the whole number one contender process not reset when Povetkin beat Whyte?

Also, @Aydamn, there are four global sanctioning bodies, so why has Whyte stuck all his eggs in the WBC basket over the last four years?

6. Aydamn

Jul 31, 2018
    But how do you know it wasn’t Whyte who declined a shot at Joshua and Hearn accepting that??

It’s
    No secret Dillian and Joshua did not agree on the terms and condition at the negotiation table so Whyte walked away.

Whyte said yes to the purse fight
    Split and no to the split in a potential rematch clause. That’s fair in my opinion and Hearns opinion because Hearn suggested that the split should be reversed in favour of the winner in a rematch with the Chisora vs Whyte 2.

Joshua claimed “yeah I gotta make a pound, can’t give away too much to thesr guys like Dillian” when pressed about the negotiating. And in my
    Opinion that looks like a swerve. Joshua would have made tons anyway and he was already sitting on tons of cash. Whyte merely backed himself to get a rematch so reverse the split in that event if Joshua os so confident Whyte wouldnt win.

And this is when Whyte turned his back on it completely and vowed to come back with a belt from the WBC to get more bargaining power. Hence the intense focus on the WBC belt where he did his part to stay ranked number 1 for years. Taking on stronger competition than the likes of “stiverne”.

Fighting guys like Helenius.

Finkel likes this.
  7. Dubblechin

Dubblechin Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 25, 2014
    Whyte fought Helenius almost FIVE YEARS AGO after Duhaupas knocked Helenius out.

8. Aydamn

Jul 31, 2018
    My post above explains exactly why from Whytes own mouth.

As for “reset” in the Povetkin fights thats only if Whyte had lost the rematch. There was a rematch clause and Povetkin knew exactly what he was signing up for.

Besides Whyte took this fight to stay busy and sharp against a strong opponent who in his own words in every interview leading up to the fight he said Povetkin is a dangerous operator and he needs to be careful. Never once did Whyte overlook povetkin.

I mention this because not enough boxing fans ever gives Whyte enough credit for taking on a voluntary challenger like Povetkin just to stay sharp when he could have sat on his arse like so many guys usually do avoiding the danger.

Whyte said his career is on the line if he loses the rematch against Povetkin. And credit to Whyte for coming in against Povetkin in rematch and going for the Ko early against a guy who brutally starched him the first time round.

That takes added cahonas when most guys are usually way more apprehensive after having that happen to them by the same opponent. Like Joshua vs Ruiz 2

9. Oneirokritis

Dec 18, 2015
    While that's a nice narrative to peddle, Povetkin was dropped by Wlad and Joshua before Povetkin even fought Whyte. ;)

10. Aydamn

Jul 31, 2018
    Yeah that was still a WBC sanctioned fight.

11. Aydamn

Jul 31, 2018
    Joseph Parker was the guy I was alluding to in that post.

by his own account and that of his long time trainer he had never touched the canvas prior to the Whyte fight.

And he has 16 years more boxing experience than Whyte, that’s a lot of fights ay.

Oneirokritis likes this.
  12. Olu G. Rotimi

Olu G. Rotimi The Right Honourable Lord President of the Council Full Member

May 29, 2007
    Which one?

Oneirokritis likes this.
  13. DoubleJab666

DoubleJab666 Dot, dot, dot... Full Member

Nov 9, 2015
    Yeah, exactly the same - trying to get a title fight with a sanctioning body he has consistently criticised, attacked and ridiculed. Then he expects the people in charge to fight his corner. Rankings and mandatories are mere window dressing - it's the people who make the rankings and fights who count and he's constantly ****** them off.

Also, he might stop to pause one day and reflect why he's been left chasing the one world title that was not in the hands of a fighter also managed by Hearn - fights that, in theory, Hearn could have far more effectively lobbied for than trying to get the one belt outside Matchroom's sphere of influence. Dillian 'The Belt Snatcher' Whyte.

Joshua had no chance of undisputed while Wilder was champion, but if Whyte got the fight and won?

For being used like that I sympathise with Whyte - although he got well-paid in dubious PPVs marketed around his pursuit of the WBC belt - but for rest, he has to take a lot of responsibility for how things panned out.

So here we are, soon after Whyte AGREED to fight Wallin again on PPV I assume - a bout he pulled out of after the Fury fight became a viable option - finding himself being maneuverered away from a title shot by people he ****** off who will probably use that Wallin fight as the excuse they need to do so.

And what's he gonna do?

14. Oneirokritis

Dec 18, 2015
    See his reply to my post above.

15. Carl Weathers

Carl Weathers Member Full Member

Nov 3, 2019