WBC says that winner of Fury-Wilder III must fight Whyte.

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by catchwtboxing, Jun 25, 2020.

1. CaravanDweller

CaravanDweller Member banned Full Member

May 31, 2019
    Are you trolling ??

2. Holler

Holler Doesn't appear to be a paid matchroom PR shill Full Member

Mar 12, 2018
    He's great, hope he gets his shot but at HW as yet he's not established.

If he insists on enforcing the mandatory I don't care much if AJ drops the belt in favour of a fight with Fury. No disrespect to Usyk who would hopefully fight the winner.

3. highlander

highlander Active Member Full Member

Sep 26, 2017
    so tired about all the conjectures of who will fight who. no one will be fighting any one until this pandemic has run its course. and when that finally happens, things will have changed.
    example- how many fighters out there are still training? how many are getting fat? fighters are aging and not getting any younger.

4. ashishwarrior

ashishwarrior VIP Member Full Member

Apr 19, 2010
  5. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Fury should just drop the WBC and fight AJ because he'll still hold his ''King of the Gypsies,'' ''The Baddest Man on the Planet'' and lineal champion titles all of which hold much more prestige than the WBC title.

And when he does so the WBC should just make Whyte the full champ and drop Bootleg D out of their top 10 due to him being 0-2 in his last 2 fights.

Usyk is ranked #2 by the WBC

Do you see where I'm going with this?

6. UnleashtheFURY

UnleashtheFURY D'oh! Full Member

Sep 29, 2012
    That's assuming Whyte beats Povetkin, who despite being nearly 41 is far from a sure thing.

Goran_ likes this.
  7. DavidC77

DavidC77 Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 30, 2018
    No.

I'm just amazed by the number of boxing fans who don't understand what the word 'undisputed' means.

8. Goran_

Goran_ Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 27, 2018
    Since when did the WBC care about mandatories all of a sudden? Wilder was allowed to pass on Whyte for years.. Fury has to fight him in a second defense! Man they're a joke., but I'm down with Fury giving Whyte a pasting in 2021.. I've never seen him on any other level than the Chisora level of fighter.. he has a punchers chance & that's about it.,.

9. CaravanDweller

May 31, 2019
    Go on then enlighten me

10. DavidC77

Aug 30, 2018
    It's simple.

Undisputed means undisputed i.e. not disputed by anyone.

It's the boxing organisations who officially recognise fighters as world champions and an undisputed champion must be recognised by all the boxing organisations simultaneously (yes, even the Mickey Mouse ones).

The last heavyweight champion to hold all the belts simultaneously was Mike Tyson in 1989. Holyfield and Lewis were never the undisputed champions despite what the ring announcers might have said.

If Fury and Joshua fought tomorrow, would the winner be universally recognised by fans as the true heavyweight champion of the world?

YES (with the possible exception of a few moronic fans).

If Fury and Joshua fought tomorrow, would the winner be the undisputed heavyweight champion of the world?

NO

That's a fact and it's as simple as that.

11. CaravanDweller

May 31, 2019
    Joshua holds WBA, IBF, WBO titles and even IBO if you want to count it.
    Fury holds WBC and The Ring.
    Therefore the winner would hold all belts and be undisputed.
    Even 89 Tyson wouldnt be undisputed in todays landscape as he didnt hold the WBO.
    I have no idea what you’re going on about

12. DavidC77

Aug 30, 2018
    (Sigh...) It's not complicated. It's actually very straightforward.

You can't apply 1989 to today's landscape by saying Tyson wasn't the undisputed champion because he wasn't recognised by a boxing organisation that didn't exist at that time.

Francesco Damiani became the first WBO heavyweight champion of the world in May 1989.

Before that Mike Tyson held all the belts simultaneously. Since then other boxing organisations have been formed leading to even more belts.

No heavyweight since Mike Tyson has held all the belts at once. That's a fact.

Therefore Mike Tyson is the last undisputed heavyweight champion of the world.

If Fury fought Joshua tomorrow, the winner would hold the WBA, IBF, WBO, IBO, WBC and The Ring belts.

But these are not all the belts.

The winner would not be the undisputed champion because there would still be other organisations, however minor, who recognise someone else.

13. McGrain

McGrain Diamond Dog Staff Member

Mar 21, 2007
    Yeah I agree.

It's stupid saying "undisputed" nowadays, it means nothing.

14. Oddone

Oddone Bermane Stiverne's life coach. Full Member

Aug 18, 2019
    The WBC has a long and hallowed tradition of saying whatever the hell it wants to, and then doing whatever the hell they want to with zero regard to their previous statements. Probably the most corrupt of the alphabet soups. Problem is a lot people want to believe their b.s. Dillion Whyte stopped believing and has filed multiple lawsuits against them. See here https://metro.co.uk/2020/06/15/dillian-whyte-tyson-fury-wilder-wbc-boxing-fight-12852657/

Which is the only reason they said anything now. They were totally fine being *******s until he got legal representation.

15. miniq

miniq Tyson Fury Undisputed HW Champion 18/5/24 banned Full Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Fury will beat Whyte with 1 arm behind his back