WBC ups Clen threshold

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by RacingBeat, Nov 7, 2019.

1. Robney

Robney ᴻᴼ ᴸᴼᴻᴳᴲᴿ ᴲ۷ᴵᴸ Full Member

Jan 18, 2010
    The issue with this is, that it makes Clenbuterol an even more free for all use ped in Mexico. Usually when a doper is caught on anything it's only trace amounts, and with the threshold going up there's even less chance they can determine if someone just used or ate something containing it.

Time to invest in training facilities in Mexico, because I have a sneaky feeling Mexican trainingcamps will become pretty popular in the near future.

2. ashishwarrior

ashishwarrior VIP Member Full Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Lots of cocaine in Mexico also so we should let that slide for mexican fighters as well
    Lol dude
    Slippery slopes dude slippery slopes
    The something to it is called out and out cheating

Henry Hank, OvidsExile, BCS8 and 2 others like this.
  3. ashishwarrior

ashishwarrior VIP Member Full Member

Apr 19, 2010
    What about runners weight lifters
    Wrestlers etc etc badmington players all across the sporting board
    Will this apply to amateur boxers also
    And do the olympic committee agree to let thses contaminated mexicans compete
    Or just in the land of the wbc

elbonzoseco, BCS8 and Robney like this.
  4. DodgySyrup

DodgySyrup Member Full Member

Nov 4, 2019
    Why are we in a situation where any Mexican boxer is now effectively being given a pass?

If the meat is tainted don't eat it.

I wonder how many fighters will suddenly relocate to Mexico or...actually, nobody is that stupid.

roughdiamond, Robney and ShovelHook like this.
  5. Bigdog2002

Bigdog2002 Active Member Full Member

Oct 19, 2018
    They probably had fake clenbuterol then or had shitty cardio to begin with! Clem makes your cramp! There is no way around it but consume tons of potassium and sodium which would be counter productive to a boxer! Clenbuterol is an aesthetic purpose drug not performance enhancing! A lot of sources were putting ephedrine instead of more expensive clenbuterol and amateurs would not know the difference

6. ShovelHook

ShovelHook Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 22, 2019
    Yeah I was about to say the latter part of your proposition hahaha.

DodgySyrup likes this.
  7. Robney

Jan 18, 2010
    They should build a wall to keep fighters from moving to Mexico, and let them pay for it.

8. OvidsExile

OvidsExile At a minimum, a huckleberry over your persimmon. Full Member

Aug 28, 2012
    I'm sure that you are right and there's no performance enhancement ability to it at all. Canelo probably just uses it like older kids use cocaine or pot at parties to look cool.

9. Sephiroth Rising 7

Sephiroth Rising 7 'No tears please!' banned Full Member

Sep 27, 2016
    Canelo issued a threat in writing to the WBC, that if they didn't increase the threshold for his favorite cocktail the cartel will be sent down to declare war on Las Vegas

Angler Andrew and BCS8 like this.
  10. ipitythefool

ipitythefool Prediction ? Pain Full Member

Mar 17, 2017
    The fair thing to do would be just allow Clen in all cases so anyone can use it Mexican or otherwise.

Now i'm off to my local Tex Mex for my daily dose.

Angler Andrew, BCS8 and lewis gassed like this.
  11. BCS8

BCS8 VIP Member Full Member

Aug 21, 2012
    Meanwhile, somewhere in Guadalajara, Mexico:

This content is protected

12. N17

N17 VIP Member Full Member

Feb 16, 2013
    Now I've had time to digest this news.. it just doesn't make sense.

Surely it's the FIGHTERS that should change their eating habits and behaviour and not the WBC changing their rules to accommodate them.

13. elbonzoseco

elbonzoseco Member Full Member

Nov 13, 2010
    We're talking about the WBC here, they sure know what's best for boxing....or their bank account. Inoue should watch out, maybe the WBC will decrease the threshold for radioactive salmon, after he disregarded their toy belt yesterday. After all he is called the monster for a reason!

14. Robney

Jan 18, 2010
    Of course that's how it should work, and it does work all over the world too. But, I guess the WBC is fed up with their country's fighters constantly popping dirty on Clen and then them having to be the ones calling "Witch hunt", "We believe Canelo, Nery, Vargas, Salido, [insert other busted Mexican boxer] is innocent!" Without any investigation having taken place every single time, gets tiresome and leaves a bitter taste in boxfans mouths.
    Much better for the WBC if the boxfans don't know who are getting busted, as they probably learned from the BBBoC/UKAD. Just keep it quiet and there's no uproar.

15. N17

N17 VIP Member Full Member

Feb 16, 2013

I agree

I just find it a real shame they don't have this attitude towards Dillian Whyte LOL