WBSS Mairis Briedis vs Yuniel Dorticos next Saturday Final

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Dance84, Sep 20, 2020.

Who wins

1. Briedis By Knockout

31.0%
  2. Briedis By Decision

40.5%
  3. Dorticos By Knockout

23.8%
  4. Dorticos By Decision

2.4%
  5. Draw

2.4%
  1. Surrix

Surrix Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 16, 2020
    It was action-packed fight from start to finish, with Murat Gassiev unifying a pair of cruiserweight world titles in definitive fashion by scoring three knockdowns against Dorticos in the last round of the fight -- the final one sending Dorticos through ropes and crashing onto the ring apron.;)
    -
    You did not followed WBSS events, most likely also not Dorticos, just trolling and talking that others doesn't know what they are talking about.
    Maybe find other places than boxing forums to tell that others doesn't know what they are talking about?

2. anjawnaymiz

anjawnaymiz Can we get Ivan Dychko some momentum Full Member

Sep 6, 2008
    whatever, ***** face

CST80 and ShovelHook like this.
  3. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    Because he stunned Briedis a few times, which I found quite worrying, it might've just been a case of him being momentarily ruined by Usyk, but he seems to have recovered since, although against merely an okay puncher in Glowacki.

4. Wizbit1013

Wizbit1013 Drama go, and don't come back Full Member

Mar 17, 2018

This content is protected

5. ShovelHook

ShovelHook Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 22, 2019
    I spar a two time national champ and European bronze medallist in the amateurs twice a week you moron. He's also a massive puncher, I know how important power is but it is not everything. Hell I have power too, I've only got stoppages so far in my amateur career.

6. Surrix

Sep 16, 2020
    Glowacki if he is in good shape is damn dangerous. This is reason why Usyk did not KOed him, big difference is to KO someone outside from real top5 or someone from real, true top 5.
    # Glovacki best win was when he finished in distance then 30 years old Huck. Huck then definitely was top 5 boxer, highly experienced in pros with 38-2-1 and regards to fact that Huck had losses on his record, fight with prime, not old, Povetkin was his marquee fight: he went all 12 rounds vs Povektin. Povetkin is not only with beautiful pro resume but also was amateur superstar in boxing and kickboxing, Olympic gold medalist, world and european champion. Huck lost this fight via MD but becomed well appreciated cos this fight. Prime Povetkin was able to went all distance vs prime Klitschko, who too was not only pro boxing star but also former amateur superstar.
    It is damn tough business to have prime! Povetkin in the ring.
    Huck next marquee fight was with Denis Lebedev, he defeated Lebedev via SD.
    Yeah, Glowacki if in good shape might be damn tough and dangerous.
    The same is with Briedis, before Briedis, best clinch game in divison had Huck, he also was only one alon till this day, who was able decently fight with Briedis in clinch game. This ofc was prime Huck vs the same age as he Briedis, now Huck doesn't looks that is in his prime, sadly.
    Usyk might be considered as with low KO power also because he was able to win Briedis only with decision.
    However, if looking in depth, Briedis like Usyk too was in good shape then and if in good shape, he is able to KO 250 lber if landed properly, not more than 2 punches necessery. Charr is proof.
    Why to judge Usyk as weak puncher if........ Briedis never was down not in semi pro BB tournaments where he fought everyone he had been given to fight with, it was not opponents cherry picking like plenty of pro boxers are doing, nor in pro boxing.
    To judge Usyk power as low because he won Briedis via MD is not fair. If Usyk had in the ring not true TOP5 material but someone outside of TOP10, most likely such kind of opponent had been KOed. Usyk did not choosed to cherry pick opponents.
    Fight with Briedis if he is in good shape is total torture, especially in clinch.
    Usyk is true amateur superstar, euro and world amateur champion, Olympic gold medalist. Amateur superstars usually does have elite level jab and in - out game, elite footwork.
    Briedis in amateurs more was known as a kickboxer.
    Usyk choosed keep distance and not allow fight in the clinch and this was ideal gameplan.
    The same with Usyk fight with Murat. Murat too then was true TOP5 material, young, in good shape, definitely not Briedis or Glowacki skills level but he proved that he is able to deliver Dorticos out of the ring.
    Again, if Usyk had in the ring someone that is not in good shape or someone outside of reality TOP in CW, he quickly KOed an opponent and had been considered as boxer with power.
    Usyk did not choosed easy road in CW career to statisfy fans with flashy KOs. He fought best CW boxers not old, out of shape and prime gentlemans.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2020
  7. Surrix

Sep 16, 2020
    You are really delusional. No one in sparring business will bother to read posts in forums, watch YT videos or IG posts.
    You need direct references to get become considered are you suitable for this business or no.
    -
    Regards to sparring, it will be useless for you to do unnecessary noise in internet, even you have and will post sparring videos.
    It will be useless waste of time in attempts to get attention from people in real business not casual fans.
    You can remain in forums and call people morons etc till end of your life.
    In real sparring business level of humility is different, of course accidental dreamers happens but still.
    So you may call me moron and sit and brag in internet till end of your life. Because probably best your life achviements will be in internet forums because you do not know what stuff humility is.
    -one
    I had saw pleny and enough guys that had sparred with top 50 guys, btw, one polite gentleman, guy ranked in TOP50 that had retired guy that had fight with him in the ring, might easily and softly spar with hobbyist. Difference is that people does have different level of attitude to social media content, different sense of self evaluation and reality.
    If you are able to bear friendly sparring with top guy, it doesn't matters that you are able to survive 1 minute in fight with the same guy.
    I had saw LHW size guys that had been paid by CW size guys and used not as casual walking bags but really expensive training partners that deseverd respect from top guys, this doesn't means that they are able to beat them in fight.
    & So start to think before type and post anything, otherwise you will not get good handling in real life, including decent sparring with guys better than you. This is necessity to improve but you most likely do have only one kind of skills: insult ppl in internet and call them morons because YOU are ridiculous boy.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2020
  8. Surrix

Sep 16, 2020
    Now you might type everything you wish, you will remain ridiculous till end of your life. I will not waste time to read your texts, guys like you are almost million in internet......no one cares.
    Post in forums, collect likes and enjoy your real career: trolls career in forums.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2020
  9. ShovelHook

Jul 22, 2019
    Surrix it's impossible to read your absolute drivel. Get a bit better at English and come back mate. And yes I'm a boxer and I go on a boxing forum. I've spoken to Jamel Herring on boxing forums before and he's a world champ so it's hardly like that bars me from being able to fight.
    Also I know sparring isn't the same as fighting you moron, that's the whole ****ing point of sparring.

Dannymita, BCS8 and George Crowcroft like this.
  10. Surrix

Sep 16, 2020
    Still looks that you are unhappy and nervous, othervise did not behaved in such manner in forums.
    You will sit in forums for decades and continue in the same manner like now.
    There is function igonre list, my dear VIP person. Type in all threads, call ppl morons and enjoy it. No problems. Anyone needs some entertainment, if you choosed such way, do it if you like.
    Don't hope that I might take personally stuff typed by someone in entertainment forum.
    Also I will not waste time to read your posts, too much time to waste without any reward,

11. Robney

Robney ᴻᴼ ᴸᴼᴻᴳᴲᴿ ᴲ۷ᴵᴸ Full Member

Jan 18, 2010
    Briedis by decision with Dorticos holding on for dear life at one point.

12. Surrix

Sep 16, 2020
    I'm a bit surprised why in pool guys did not picked up possiblity for Dorticos to win via UD? If Briedis will be not in best shape, this is quite possible.

13. ShovelHook

Jul 22, 2019
    You're a ****ing moron and it's testing me how stupid you are. That's why I'm getting angry at you.

14. ShovelHook

Jul 22, 2019
    He's ******ed. Worst new member ever.

CST80 and anjawnaymiz like this.
  15. ShovelHook

Jul 22, 2019
    I've been on this forum for a year dude, hardly spent a lot of time on it either. I didn't go on the site for a few months recently too.