We all like Joyce, but...

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by catchwtboxing, Oct 2, 2022.

1. catchwtboxing

catchwtboxing Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 4, 2014
    ...I do think it is time to point out that this hype train left the station when he beat a guy in Parker who is legitimately 1-1 against Derrick Chisora. As for the Dubois victory...again, a fine one in context, but Dubois is garbage and has since joined the "WBA regular" side show, and will be fighting guys like Bryan and Guidry until he steps up and is re-exposed.

Let's not forget that he has already lost to Usyk in WSB.

Joyce is big, hard-hitting, iron-chinned, great jab, and great motor. I am on the train myself. But I am a realistic passenger, who fully expects him to have long nights when he fight guys like Usyk, Fury, Joshua, Ruiz, and Wilder. Not that he won't beat some of them.

2. senpai

senpai Boxing Addict Full Member

May 18, 2021
    I think he might lose to someone like Bakole and then people will start to say regular things about him.

Nobody can take so many punches in every fight and don't affect his career in the future. eventually that chin will crack and it might be somebody that we don't expect

3. drenlou

drenlou Tres Delinquentes Full Member

Jan 22, 2015
    JOE JOYCE 4 LYFE!!!!

jquest, Ducklerr, Wizbit1013 and 4 others like this.
  4. HellSpawn86

HellSpawn86 Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 6, 2007
    I think of him as an interesting contender. He's one of the better top 5 guys we've had in a long time. Parker, Chisora, Ruiz, Whyte, Ortiz are all top 10 guys, but I never saw them as threats or interesting fights for the top 4 guys (Fury, Usyk, Wilder, AJ). They pretty much dispossed of the former group rather easy. Joyce actually has a fighting chance against the top 4 even if I think he falls short. It should at least be competitive.

sasto, pacas, lobk and 6 others like this.
  5. jmb1356

jmb1356 Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 30, 2019
    The only 2 guys I would favor for certain over him are Fury and Usyk. Wilder could go either way. Depends on which Ruiz shows up, he can be dangerous and quicker on the inside.

6. vast

vast Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Nov 27, 2010
    For now Joyce is an enigma. He appears to bleed talent but to what level is still undecided.

sasto, don owens and HellSpawn86 like this.
  7. Kiwi Casual

Kiwi Casual Active Member Full Member

Jul 31, 2021
    Nah. That Parker win was a huge statement, and this is from one of Joyce's biggest critics before that fight. He flattens Ruiz, gives Usyk and Fury hard fights (but loses, I think) and Wilder/AJ are both 50/50. He's earned his hype.

8. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    Been on the Joyce hype train for years now, might have been one of the ones that partially started it, and nothing is going to dissuade me from it or change my mind. Sure Usyk probably still beats him, but who gives a damn... at this point Usyk is like Mayweather, it's pretty damned hard to beat him and it's not a huge shame or embarrassment when you lose to him. Joyce probably beats the rest.

Alo2006, jquest, Bustajay and 10 others like this.
  9. fencik45

fencik45 Well-Known Member Full Member

Jun 6, 2022
    Lets not forget Wilder and Fury basically have zero wins against top notch, prime opponents.

catchwtboxing likes this.
  10. Brighton bomber

Brighton bomber Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Apr 4, 2005
    Agreed it was a huge statement. It wasn't just that he beat Parker it was how he beat Parker. Joshua won a rather tedious decision, Whyte won but struggled and was dropped, Joyce in contrast dominated down the stretch and stopped Parker with a one punch KO.

I also think he flattens Ruiz. Ruiz himself is far too easy to hit and with Joyce throwing over 80 punches a round like he did against Parker, Ruiz is going to get hit a lot. Unless Ruiz can keep up with the pace which is very unlikely or he can stop Joyce, again very unlikely as he couldn't stop Ortiz or Arreola he in far a long slow beat down until Joyce takes him out.

sasto and the_Hawk like this.
  11. fencik45

Jun 6, 2022
    Didn't Whyte supposedly win due to a knockdown via headbutt?

12. Murderers' Row

Murderers' Row Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 23, 2020
    Fury is better than both Usyk and Joyce.

DaRealJT likes this.
  13. Gazanta87

Gazanta87 Member Full Member

May 18, 2019
    All Aboard the Chuggernaut Express.

The man has just systematically beat down a former world champion and ironed him out good and proper.

Bare in mind Parker has fought 2 ex world champions and 4 world title challengers who never came close too doing it.

Next Stop #ANDTHENEW.

Wizbit1013 likes this.
  14. Brighton bomber

Brighton bomber Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Apr 4, 2005
    That's what Parker fans will say, that the head butt which shouldn't of been called a knockdown changed the fight and Parker was concussed from then on but I think that's just people trying to look for an excuse for the loss. I don't think it altered things too much, might of been a SD instead of a UD without the bogus KD.

Wizbit1013 likes this.
  15. fencik45

Jun 6, 2022
    good one, got anymore?