We lost on an unification fight, but got two better fights instead....what's not to like?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by timeout, May 18, 2021.

Whats better?

1. Unification fight all the way - AJ vs FURY

76.8%
  2. Two for one - AJ vs USYK / FURY vs WILDER3

23.2%
  1. Dodgy Syrup

Dodgy Syrup Active Member banned Full Member

Mar 20, 2019
    You absolute melt.

I have "multiple accounts"?

Your stupidity astounded me.

Anyway, aren't you the guy who said that you wanted to see fighters wear masks in the ring because of covid and that women should fight men?

2. Olu G. Rotimi

Olu G. Rotimi The Right Honourable Lord President of the Council Full Member

May 29, 2007
    Have you considered the fights having the opposite outcome to what you are predicting?

3. Olu G. Rotimi

Olu G. Rotimi The Right Honourable Lord President of the Council Full Member

May 29, 2007
    Did he really say that? I sometimes make excuses for his posts because he has difficulty expressing himself in writing in the English language.

MarkusFlorez99 likes this.
  4. Dodgy Syrup

Dodgy Syrup Active Member banned Full Member

Mar 20, 2019
    I mean, he's in the business of making ridiculous claims, so I thought I would so the same.

Why on earth he thinks I'd go to the trouble of making multiple accounts is beyond me.

What purpose does it serve?

Anyway, I'm not going to bother arguing with him.

Last edited: May 20, 2021
  5. MarkusFlorez99

MarkusFlorez99 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 13, 2021
    Ruiz ballooned to over 300 pounds and didn't actually start to loose weight until he started his fight camp so it's even less than 17 months. He didn't loose 20 pounds in 17 months, you're clueless. Loosing a ton of weight can affect your punch resistance. Other than Ruiz getting hurt early, he easily beat Arreola. Arreola won 3 rounds at most. Besides Aj beat him in the immediate rematch. Lennox Lewis lost to oliver Hassim Rahman and beat him in the immediate rematch. Mike Tyson lost to buster Douglas. It happens. Regardless Wilder ducked Aj like the plague and avoided Whyte, never fought Povetkin nor Chisora now did he. Wilder is a protected hype job with one good win in Ortiz. It's literal facts when i claim glass chin Whyte has a better resume than Wilder, because he does.

I reckon Povetkin at 39 would send Wilder into orbit. Even at that stage of his career he gave Aj problems and we all know Aj is a level or 2 above Wilder.

6. Odins beard

Odins beard Fentanyl is one hell of a drug.... Full Member

Apr 13, 2014
    Povetkin at 39 would be brutally KO’d by Wilder and he wouldn’t need two goes to do it.

Now a 34/35 yo Povetkin imo beats Wilder bar getting caught.

Ruiz’s punch resistance was not affected he just got dropped and hurt off a 40yo inactive Arreola.

See this is where people like you make stuff up, change agendas mid postage, it’s like pre AJ v Parker, Parker allegedly had a “granite chin” then goes and gets dropped twice off Whyte and once off non puncher Chisora, now it’s Ruiz’s punch resistance was depleted due to actually getting his fat arse in shape, listen to yourself.

Actually was you in Ruiz’s camp? Simple question?

7. Nonito Smoak

Nonito Smoak Ioka>Lomo, sorry my dudes Full Member

Sep 8, 2010
    As someone who doesn't care for HWs and doesn't like 3 of the 4 (Usyk is cool), the answer is somewhat obvious Joshua vs. Fury. Having said that, it would be a great consolation given the bummer of not having 1 vs. 2.

8. MarkusFlorez99

Jan 13, 2021
    Wilder would brutally KO 39 year old Povetkin ? He would KO post covid Povetkin but the Povetkin that gave Aj lots of issues and sparked out Whyte would KO Wilder. Jesus Wilder has fought almost nobody now he brutally KOs pre Covid Povetkin? Lol. I'll say this one last time. Wilder is a protected hype jab who only has one good win, Luis Ortiz.

And nobody changed their agenda, why are you bringing up Parker ? :lol: Parker doesn't have an iron chin but i never said he did. But he does have a good chin. Whyte is a china chin guy but his left hook is pretty powerful. He send Chisora in the shadow relm with it. He caught parker pretty damn good plum on the jaw but Parker got up and then proceeded to drop whyte so parker has good recovery. And the Chsiora knockdown was an off balance shot. It wasn't a shot that actually hurt him like knockdowns are supposed to indicate

9. Nonito Smoak

Nonito Smoak Ioka>Lomo, sorry my dudes Full Member

Sep 8, 2010
    I also don't see Fury/Wilder III as the foregone conclusion so many of you guys seem to. Hey I was wrong in picking Wilder to win twice won't say I'll make the mistake again but I do think it's a worthy fight for them to each have. Just doesn't seem good given we could have had #1vs.#2... Eh even typing this out I'm thinking maybe I'd rather see each fight Parker or Whyte so yeah maybe nevermind.

10. MarkusFlorez99

Jan 13, 2021
    I would legit rather see Fury fight Parker or Chisora than a Wilder rematch

BubblesUK likes this.
  11. Pimp C

Pimp C Too Much Motion Full Member

Jun 23, 2005
    Unification of course but the alternative isn't the worst thing ever either.

Wizbit1013, timeout, alangjk and 2 others like this.
  12. Odins beard

Apr 13, 2014
    I brought up Parker to show how idiotic statements by fanboys (not fans of the sport) or excuse makers like “Andy Ruiz’s punch resistance was affected by actually getting in shape”.

Povetkin was 37 when he lost to AJ and was already slipping which if you have followed Povetkin like I do you would have noticed, this isn’t the Povetkin from 2014 he was still a force but visibly tired after 4/5 rounds and the fighter that turned up against Whyte was there for the taking, in fact I picked Povetkin to win because whilst he had slipped I knew he was still good enough to be Whyte (who is nothing special). Wilder faced THAT Povetkin I believe he lands and finishes him, again (and this is where context comes in), it’s NOT because I think Wilder is great, BUT Povetkin at 39 WAS a spent force. Now just let that sink in or at least break down why YOU believe otherwise other than Wilder had fought nobody or is a bum.

Again was you in Ruiz jr camp? Yes or no?

13. MarkusFlorez99

Jan 13, 2021
    No you brought up Parker for no reason. I never mentioned him in that light and Parker himself did not weight drain therfor it's idiotic to compare the two. Yes it's a fact. Loosing weight quickly can affect punch resistance.

Wilder beats that Povetkin? Based on what ? I'll say it again. Wilders only good win is Luis Ortiz. It seems that you cant process the fact. "He lands" isn't a good argument. Poevtkin would probably land before Wilder will and we saw what Eric Molina did to Wilder. The fact of the matter is Whyte is nothing special but he still has a better resume than Wilder, thats the sad part.

No i wasn't in his camp but it was reported numerous times by Ruiz himself and others that he ballooned to over 300 pounds and didn't start loosing weight until he was in camp.

14. Odins beard

Apr 13, 2014
    See you simply are not reading and comprehending what I’m saying or are mentally defective.

I asked you to breakdown why YOU believe a 39yo Povetkin beats Wilder, without just saying he’s a bum or hasn’t fought anyone.

YOU come back with “his only good win is Ortiz” and “Whyte has a better resume than Wilder” (**** knows what that has to do with it). Kid I’m sorry to tell you not only are YOU emotionally invested in boxers who don’t even know you exist but that isn’t a ****ING BREAKDOWN.

Also you was not in camp with Ruiz, Ruiz has not come out and said his weight reduction or as I call it being a ****ing professional affected his punch resistance and there’s only YOU I’ve seen spouting such nonsense because he got put on his arse off a 40yo Arreola who you think is a bum and you need to save face for whatever reason somehow.

Now I’m done with you on this topic because you truly are thick as ****.

15. Odins beard

Apr 13, 2014
    And you would be the only person in the entire boxing universe.

Wizbit1013 likes this.