Weakest champion who could beat Tyson from RJJ bout?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by AngryBirds, Feb 7, 2024.

1. AngryBirds

AngryBirds Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 3, 2022
    This should be interesting.

2. themostoverrated

themostoverrated Member Full Member

Feb 9, 2022
    I have had serious trouble understanding this post. Is this 'weakest champion' supposed to fight Tyson (from RJJ fight) in his prime years, in his title years or in 2020 (when the Tyson-Jones fight happened)? I personally think every single champion in heavyweight history would beat the Mike Tyson who fought RJJ in his fifties if they were allowed to fight while they were holding their title.

3. Mark Anthony

Mark Anthony I feel Bud dominated Madrimov Full Member

May 17, 2023
    He would have smoked Carnera and most of the smaller champs.

4. themostoverrated

Feb 9, 2022
    The 54 years old guy? Seriously?

5. Mark Anthony

May 17, 2023
    lol! Compare Tyson`s speed to Carnera`s and he`s far too big for Tommy Burns.

6. Wizbit1013

Wizbit1013 Drama go, and don't come back Full Member

Mar 17, 2018
    I've read this inital post a few times now and still don't understand it..

7. Scotty Cork

Scotty Cork Well-Known Member Full Member

Jul 12, 2023
  8. Boxing Gloves

Boxing Gloves Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
  9. themostoverrated

Feb 9, 2022
    Except that Carnera is far too big for Tyson and Burns is faster than Tyson. And both Carnera and Burns have age advantage on their side - massively.

See what happened to other boxers who attempted to compete in their fifties.

Roy Jones Jr. faced an MMA fighter called Anthony Pettis who had never boxed professionally at the age of 54. Pettis beat Jones.

Evander Holyfield also faced an MMA fighter called Vitor Belfort and got stopped in one round. Holyfield had only been stopped twice in his professional career - the first was against Riddick Bowe and the second came when he was in his mid-forties. Now, Holyfield was 58 years old when he fought Belfort, but not only had Belfort fought a solitary boxing bout until that point, but he was a retired MMA fighter and was 44 years old himself.

Finally, Mike Tyson lost his last two professional bouts against two low-level journeymen - Danny Williams and Kevin McBride. Granted, Tyson was in bad mental health, but he could not even go the distance with those two guys, and he was not even 40 years old!!!

Tyson at age 54 would lose against most journeymen.

Oneirokritis and BCS8 like this.
  10. Brighton bomber

Brighton bomber VIP Member Full Member

Apr 4, 2005
    If 54 year old Tyson had been capable of beating anyone that could win a title he wouldn't have fought an exhibition against a shot former middleweight. He would of come back and tried to make a run at a title. Fact is nobody beats father time, 54 year old Tyson can smash most men half his age but an actual world level pro, not a chance, hence why he only fought an exhibition.

KiwiMan, Oneirokritis, Badbot and 2 others like this.
  11. dmt

dmt Hardest hitting hw ever Full Member

Jul 2, 2006
    No one really. Maybe a 37 year old Jess Willard. Maybe Tommy Burns since I don’t think Burns could handle being hit by Tyson.

but he loses to almost anyone else.

12. BoxingViewer

BoxingViewer Active Member Full Member

Mar 20, 2016
  13. Mark Anthony

May 17, 2023
    Carnera didn`t have Tyson`s punch technique and was easier to hit, Burns didn`t look quicker than Jones or Tyson to me.

14. BCS8

BCS8 VIP Member Full Member

Aug 21, 2012
    Sad to say 37 year old Jess very likely lumps up 54 year old Mike something horrible.

KiwiMan likes this.
  15. BCS8

BCS8 VIP Member Full Member

Aug 21, 2012
    Hang on, isn't ultra-shot Charr still a champion of some sort? How bad does he look nowadays?